Page 6 of 16 [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 5:48 am

I think a businessman who's been the employer of thousands for decades, knows how to put together a practical health insurance plan. Obama having never been an employer or a businessman didn't know how, and it shows. Insurance, benefits and retirement plans are a natural area of expertise for an experienced businessman.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 6:09 am

EzraS wrote:
I think a businessman who's been the employer of thousands for decades, knows how to put together a practical health insurance plan. Obama having never been an employer or a businessman didn't know how, and it shows. Insurance, benefits and retirement plans are a natural area of expertise for an experienced businessman.

the bulk of his supporters historically have been against giving the working/lower class any break with their health costs. they will hold his feet to the fire or he will likely get impeached in part because of this. it's gonna be an "interesting" new year. :o

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 6:20 am

Guys, it is too late to care. The climate change landslide is too far advanced to stop and its effects will quickly rearrange all of our perspectives. I am glad I'm old enough to go out while there's still civilisation left, but regretful about the challenges we have bequeathed to our grandchildren.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 6:25 am

auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:

the bulk of his supporters historically have been against giving the working/lower class any break with their health costs. they will hold his feet to the fire or he will likely get impeached in part because of this. it's gonna be an "interesting" new year. :o

You're right it's hopeless, we're all doomed. I'm defecting to Canada asap :P

Then again since he's going to start WWIII that won't help me much.

Should I kill myself now or wait for a nuke to take me out?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 6:39 am

EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You're right it's hopeless, we're all doomed. I'm defecting to Canada asap :P Then again since he's going to start WWIII that won't help me much. Should I kill myself now or wait for a nuke to take me out?

to get Canada to accept you, first get a useful college degree, don't have any diseases, not so much as a parking ticket on your record, at least $800k net worth AND a business plan to be enacted within 5 years. once you've done that, you're welcome there. or you could meet a Canadian and get hooked up, that is a bit easier. you'll be happier up there and less likely to wanna hari-kari. ;) let's not think about the nukes. :skull:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 6:58 am

auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You're right it's hopeless, we're all doomed. I'm defecting to Canada asap :P Then again since he's going to start WWIII that won't help me much. Should I kill myself now or wait for a nuke to take me out?

to get Canada to accept you, first get a useful college degree, don't have any diseases, not so much as a parking ticket on your record, at least $800k net worth AND a business plan to be enacted within 5 years. once you've done that, you're welcome there. or you could meet a Canadian and get hooked up, that is a bit easier. you'll be happier up there and less likely to wanna hari-kari. ;) let's not think about the nukes. :skull:

OMG, you mean Trump is already running Canada's immigration policy?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 7:07 am

EzraS wrote:

no, Canada stiffened its Immigration requirements for Americans in 1981, just after RR got elected. don't know if that was coincidental or what. but undeniably was an impetus for them to do this just to us, was that approx. 50k American draft dodgers fled up there during the Vietnam war, and that was not a trivial thing for them to cope with. it is not a joke, they really don't want more of us up there.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 7:16 am

auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:

no, Canada stiffened its Immigration requirements for Americans in 1981, just after RR got elected. don't know if that was coincidental or what. but undeniably was an impetus for them to do this just to us, was that approx. 50k American draft dodgers fled up there during the Vietnam war, and that was not a trivial thing for them to cope with. it is not a joke, they really don't want more of us up there.

That's understandable. And likewise I think America should be just a ridged regarding its southern neighbors. When it comes to Trump, I believe I know what he actually wants for America. Which kinda what Canada has, stringent immigration and great healthcare. Whether or not that happens or happens according to plan, remains to be seen.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 7:28 am

I will set my expectations very low, so that I will avoid disappointment. hopefully I set them low enough.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 11:42 am

Misslizard wrote:
Most city people are as afraid of a gun as they are of a bug.Just plop a big spider down by one and see what happens.

LOL That is SOOOO true, in my experience----unless they're "gangsta urbanites".

When I was in the military, we, Southerners, during weapons training, used to laugh at the "city folk" who were so scared of guns (some of 'em), we thought it was a wonder they didn't pee themselves!! LOL

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 12:01 pm

Earthbound wrote:
However.. that one guy recently- I think it was in North Carolina. He killed several people and had insane amounts of stuff hoarded away.

If you're referring to the Dylann Roof killing, in South Carolina, AFAIK, he did NOT have "insane amounts of stuff hoarded away"----he owned ONE gun, that he bought for the specific purpose, with money he had been given, for his birthday.

As for "insane amounts of stuff hoarded away": Most often, the way an anti-guns person defines this amount, is merely what a gun-enthusiast would use in less than a DAY, at the shooting-range.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 1:51 pm

Earthbound wrote:
There's a big difference between defending and just being crazy. I think many people with tons of guns and ammo are indeed crazy. A bit are the "prepper/end of the world" type of person, while others are the crazies that are shown on the news. I never once meant all were. I'm sure some are sane and decent people that literally wouldn't attack someone they got mad at. However.. that one guy recently- I think it was in North Carolina. He killed several people and had insane amounts of stuff hoarded away. He is a great example on why there should be better gun control laws. Perhaps not limits on guns but something in place to prevent people from mass shootings. I also highly doubt every big shooting in America has been in a place with no gun laws, but gun owners tend to believe what they want so they can argue that their precious guns can't be taken away due to the ammendment. :roll:

Trump was elected due to paranoia, hate and ignorance. I don't agree with Hillary much either but I feel she was at least a little more sane. People still think everything in Wikileaks was 100 percent true plus all the conspiracy theories from random news sites online (which is also not confirmed in every case). Look at what Trump has done in the past- bullied people, conned people out of money and used his power to make lawsuits go away. He will do more of the same while in office. Hell.. he is already trying to control the media. He is upset when they report about him speaking, then he says "I didnt say that". Sorry but the footage is NOT doctored. He is a crook and conman that doesnt belong in politics.

:lol: Hillary can be seen on tape continuously lying. Her and Bill are pathological liars. Trump is sane but a jerk. Hillary literally is criminally insane and a war mongering psychopath that has supported every banker bailout. The media have protected you from knowing the truth.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 3:02 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Earthbound wrote:
There's a big difference between defending and just being crazy. I think many people with tons of guns and ammo are indeed crazy. A bit are the "prepper/end of the world" type of person, while others are the crazies that are shown on the news. I never once meant all were. I'm sure some are sane and decent people that literally wouldn't attack someone they got mad at. However.. that one guy recently- I think it was in North Carolina. He killed several people and had insane amounts of stuff hoarded away. He is a great example on why there should be better gun control laws. Perhaps not limits on guns but something in place to prevent people from mass shootings. I also highly doubt every big shooting in America has been in a place with no gun laws, but gun owners tend to believe what they want so they can argue that their precious guns can't be taken away due to the ammendment. :roll:

Trump was elected due to paranoia, hate and ignorance. I don't agree with Hillary much either but I feel she was at least a little more sane. People still think everything in Wikileaks was 100 percent true plus all the conspiracy theories from random news sites online (which is also not confirmed in every case). Look at what Trump has done in the past- bullied people, conned people out of money and used his power to make lawsuits go away. He will do more of the same while in office. Hell.. he is already trying to control the media. He is upset when they report about him speaking, then he says "I didnt say that". Sorry but the footage is NOT doctored. He is a crook and conman that doesnt belong in politics.

:lol: Hillary can be seen on tape continuously lying. Her and Bill are pathological liars. Trump is sane but a jerk. Hillary literally is criminally insane and a war mongering psychopath that has supported every banker bailout. The media have protected you from knowing the truth.

Trump is caught on tape lying how much now? It's only going to get worse as time goes by. He's a crook and conman. People that don't see that obviously are too caught up in his lies to believe anything else, period. You can blame the media all you want- it doesn't hide the fact that he's lied so much, that he bankrupts companies, he cons people out of money (Trump University students, workers, etc).

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 3:06 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Earthbound wrote:
However.. that one guy recently- I think it was in North Carolina. He killed several people and had insane amounts of stuff hoarded away.

If you're referring to the Dylann Roof killing, in South Carolina, AFAIK, he did NOT have "insane amounts of stuff hoarded away"----he owned ONE gun, that he bought for the specific purpose, with money he had been given, for his birthday.

As for "insane amounts of stuff hoarded away": Most often, the way an anti-guns person defines this amount, is merely what a gun-enthusiast would use in less than a DAY, at the shooting-range.

:roll: I don't care if he had one bullet or one million bullets, he was a crazy guy that certainly is how many gun owners are. I know every gun owner isnt a bad person. However I still strongly feel most that are against gun control are the ones most likely to have numerous guns and ammo hoarded away "just in case" (preppers, paranoid people that are against the police, etc). If they are truely doing nothing wrong- they shouldn't be against gun control. It shouldn't be so easy for these criminals, terrorists, crazies (and so on) to get guns! Yes I do realize there is black markets for these things- so those should be addressed as well and dealt with.

People DESERVE to be safe in USA. Mass shootings at a mall or wherever need to be a thing of the past. Gang wars need to also be a thing of the past. None of these things will go away with the current laws in place- thats pretty clear by now.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 4:14 pm

Earthbound wrote:
:roll: I don't care if he had one bullet or one million bullets, he was a crazy guy that certainly is how many gun owners are. I know every gun owner isnt a bad person. However I still strongly feel most that are against gun control are the ones most likely to have numerous guns and ammo hoarded away "just in case" (preppers, paranoid people that are against the police, etc). If they are truely doing nothing wrong- they shouldn't be against gun control. It shouldn't be so easy for these criminals, terrorists, crazies (and so on) to get guns! Yes I do realize there is black markets for these things- so those should be addressed as well and dealt with.

People DESERVE to be safe in USA. Mass shootings at a mall or wherever need to be a thing of the past. Gang wars need to also be a thing of the past. None of these things will go away with the current laws in place- thats pretty clear by now.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
What reason would any gun owner worthy of identifying themselves as one NOT be against gun control?
What has gun control ever gotten us realistically? Be specific please, and your feelings on the results you'd like to see from them don't count. About the only thing even the serious threat of further anti-gun legislation in recent years has done (i.e. post Sandy Hook) is cause mass gun and ammo buying in unprecedented levels.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 4:17 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Earthbound wrote:

It's the threat of anti-gun and ammo legislation of the kind Earthbound wants that has triggered and sustained most of the hoarding he is complaining about.