Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 May 2007, 10:27 am

An up-to-the-second running tab of the cost of the Iraq war to the taxpayers of the US:

Cost of War
Created by the NATIONAL PRIORITIES PROJECT

You can also find calculations of the cost to your particular state or even your individual community and see how far that money could have gone instead for the betterment of our society.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 12:32 pm

I think I have a vague understanding of how the war began, but tell me: Why isn't it over? Usama Bin Ladin obviously has no intention of reappearing any time soon, so "smoking him out" isn't really working. And if it's about Samad, well he's kinda settled down...
Sure, there's oil, but is that all? Is it worth it even on a financial level?

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

eipsa
Raven
Raven

15 May 2007, 4:02 pm

PLA wrote:
I think I have a vague understanding of how the war began, but tell me: Why isn't it over? Usama Bin Ladin obviously has no intention of reappearing any time soon, so "smoking him out" isn't really working. And if it's about Samad, well he's kinda settled down...
Sure, there's oil, but is that all? Is it worth it even on a financial level?

Simple: they want to keep it going for as long as they can because of the huge government contracts given to the contractors like Haliburton who are all Bushes cronies and familymembers etc.....

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2007, 5:24 pm

War is extremely profitable for many - many of the same who pushed for war..

I can't believe there hasn't been more outcry over the Haliburton link and their being awarded illegal no bid contracts that are costing the taxpayers much more than would've been necessary.

Cheny said he hasn't received any profits from Haliburton since leaving there, but the paper trails say much different...

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 7:17 pm

Actually...as high as that number looks, it amounts to about a dollar per US citizen. If you don't earn a great deal, you're probably paying a white dime, but I, for one, wouldn't be thrilled to pay a red cent toward sending one more perfectly good kid to his death or further upsetting tensions in the region.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 7:18 pm

newaspie wrote:
War is extremely profitable for many - many of the same who pushed for war..

I can't believe there hasn't been more outcry over the Haliburton link and their being awarded illegal no bid contracts that are costing the taxpayers much more than would've been necessary.

Cheny said he hasn't received any profits from Haliburton since leaving there, but the paper trails say much different...
Yeah, this is why I very much condone violence against conservatives.