Page 4 of 42 [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 42  Next

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 12:20 pm

cathylynn wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
let's not argue exact figures. the fact is lots of people will die without the ACA.

No, actually numbers and details ARE important.

let me get this straight. it's more important to you to know whether it's 20k or 40k than to prevent lots of people from dying. at any rate, it doesn't matter who you read, it's more than 9/11.

But how many people are dying because the ACA isn't universal healthcare but rather a gift to the insurance companies, forcing people to buy their plans, without really giving them a means to pay for the high deductibles and copays that often come with the plans?

In accepting this pathetic and dysfunctional version of healthcare reform (maybe it should really be called the ""health insurance company profit protection act" rather than the "affordable care act") aren't you playing the same kind of numbers game?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 1:46 pm

adamantium, i'm for medicare for all. the ACA is better than nothing, which is, so far, congress' plan.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 3:20 pm

When they proposed the ACA, I thought it would be a steaming pile of congress, and it basically is, but no matter how much they tried, it does help some people.

We should have a single payer system.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 3:50 pm

More idiot celebrities displaying Trump Derangement Syndrome and demanding that people listen to them:

https://vimeo.com/197790310

(Is there a way to embed Vimeo videos here?)

If Trump supporters had wanted to design an ad to illustrate the smug elitism of the Hollywood-Industrial Complex, they wouldn't have been able to come up with anything better than this.

I think these people are giving me Celebrity Derangement Syndrome. :mrgreen: :lol:

There Are Four Lights!

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 3:57 pm

Darmok wrote:
More idiot celebrities displaying Trump Derangement Syndrome and demanding that people listen to them:

If Trump supporters had wanted to design an ad to illustrate the smug elitism of the Hollywood-Industrial Complex, they wouldn't have been able to come up with anything better than this.

I think I'm coming down with Celebrity Derangement Syndrome. :mrgreen:

Have you sought help?

Is this why Drump can not get any real celebrities to play at his inauguration?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 4:56 pm

feral botanist wrote:
Raptor wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
I've seen multiple quotes claiming that Trump being elected was literally worse than 9/11; if that isn't deranged, I don't know what is.

That and basically equating it to the Holocaust.

They compared the Bush Administration to the Third Reich and/or the Sith so nothing about them regarding Trump surprises me.
Their tears nourish me.
:twisted:

Interesting. I would normally compare someone holding a gun in a mask to a robber or terrorist.

Terrorist

Quote:
your fear does not nourish me.

Too bad for you...

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 5:01 pm

You do realize that the government now has a record of you admitting to be a terrorist?

raptor means thief in Latin.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 5:06 pm

cathylynn wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
let's not argue exact figures. the fact is lots of people will die without the ACA.

No, actually numbers and details ARE important.

let me get this straight. it's more important to you to know whether it's 20k or 40k than to prevent lots of people from dying. at any rate, it doesn't matter who you read, it's more than 9/11.

Yeah, I'm sure no one has ever resorted to false statistics to prove their point.
The devil is in the details.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 5:15 pm

feral botanist wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Have you sought help?

Have you?

Quote:

With so many celebrities coming out as crybabies the past few months who'd want them at thier inauguration?

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 5:18 pm

Raptor wrote:
feral botanist wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Have you sought help?

Have you?

Quote:

With so many celebrities coming out as crybabies the past few months who'd want them at thier inauguration?

So I have noticed that a lot of military wantabes adopt an overly hostile, paramilitary attitude (firearms and hummers).

I always wonder, if they like it so much, why don't they join?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 5:21 pm

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/who-benefits-from-obamacare-hint-it-isnt-you/

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 5:23 pm

Raptor wrote:

I agree with you, it is a terrible system, but it has allowed millions of people to get healthcare.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 5:31 pm

feral botanist wrote:
Raptor wrote:
feral botanist wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Have you sought help?

Have you?

Quote:

So I have noticed that a lot of military wantabes adopt an overly hostile, paramilitary attitude (firearms and hummers).

Military wannabe? A few minutes ago I was a terrorist but now a military wannabe? Make up your mind.
No Hummer, just a used 4Runner.
I do have a lot of gunz tho...

Quote:

Done served in the armed forces already but I don't expect you to believe it. Hell, I don't even care one way or the other if you do. :shrug:

PS: Trolling me isnt quite turning out the way you'd envisioned, is it?
:P

Last edited by Raptor on 04 Jan 2017, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 5:34 pm

feral botanist wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I agree with you, it is a terrible system, but it has allowed millions of people to get healthcare.

How about first we get a handle on pricing of services and bring them down to earth, THEN go from there.
Expensive is still expensive whether it's singer payer or not.
No one ever wants to question why medical services cost so goddamn much, they just want it for free.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 5:56 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Darmok wrote:
Trump Derangement Syndrome in one image:

That's one person.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 6:19 pm

Raptor wrote:
feral botanist wrote:
Raptor wrote:
feral botanist wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Have you sought help?

Have you?

Quote:

Military wannabe? A few minutes ago I was a terrorist but now a military wannabe? Make up your mind.
No Hummer, just a used 4Runner.
I do have a lot of gunz tho...

Done served in the armed forces already but I don't expect you to believe it. Hell, I don't even care one way or the other if you do. :shrug:

PS: Trolling me isnt quite turning out the way you'd envisioned, is is?
:P[/quote]

I thought trolling was done from a boat.

I'm curious is all. What branch? What MOS?