Page 2 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 12:54 pm

MSBKyle wrote:
Donald Trump is not like any traditional politician or president we have had before. Sure, he says outlandish things at times and he is rough around the edges, but it is refreshing to have someone as president who is not a career politician. Everyone always says that we need fresh blood and that we need to stop electing career politicians. Trump is neither a democrat or a republican. He just ran as a republican because you have to run within the 2 party system if you want a true shot at being president. People were hungry for change this election and they wanted someone who has not been in politics his or her whole life. Everyone keeps saying how horrible these next 4 years are going to be when Trump hasn't even been sworn into office yet. I don't believe that Trump is as bad as the media makes him out to be. Trump's victory leaves the door open for more outsiders to run for president in the future.

QFT----I, pretty much, agree with everything in the above post.

Jacoby wrote:
The more success Trump has the more desperate and loony his opponents will be...

Jacoby wrote:
...the media does a good job at lying and twisting people's words. I think his use of Twitter is brilliant, he's cutting out the media middleman and speaking directly to his followers and getting results to boot.
...there zero downside to better relations with Moscow.

I agree with these statements, as well.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 2:38 pm

Okay, it's one thing to talk bad stuff about the President, but it's totally different than talking the same stuff about the actual voters who elected him. Why aren't we talking about that?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 3:42 pm

He literally said that you can grab women by the p**** :lol:

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 4:26 pm

I would personally find polygamy more acceptable than serial-monogamy, collusion more acceptable than bankruptcy, but respect that some situations can be untenable.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 4:33 pm

His pick for attorney general as well as his pick for the head of the EPA.

Though not sure why he even appointed anyone to the EPA, instead of improving it to be more functional pretty sure he's just dismantling it along with any other environment regulations. So soon our air and rivers can be as filthy as Chinas and we'll be purchasing canned fresh air just like they do.

To be fair though I have read, China has been working to clean up pollution in rivers and working towards cleaner air...wont it be something when China surpasses us on environment issues.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 4:43 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Status quo fears the loss of their status. Trump is bringing change to Washington and it is beautiful, the first president we've had in more than 30 years that isn't under the thumb of the CIA deep state and someone actually hands on rather than men who vacation 2/3rds of presidency. The more success Trump has the more desperate and loony his opponents will be, this whole thing about Russian hackers is absolutely absurd. Just wait until he's actually president, buckle up!

The only changes it seems he's been working on thus far are regressive....trash all the environmental regulations, hire someone who doesn't even believe in the existence of climate change to head the EPA, hire essentially an anti-cannabis legalization activist as attorney general even though 60% of the population supports legalization. How are these 'beautiful' changes all his cabnet and people hes's surrounding himself with are very much pro-establishment. I just don't understand how some of you trump supporters can still say he's anti-establishment and 'refreshing' if anything that's what's loony.

So what are these beautiful changes you're seeing exactly?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 5:49 pm

MDD123 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Status quo fears the loss of their status. Trump is bringing change to Washington and it is beautiful, the first president we've had in more than 30 years that isn't under the thumb of the CIA deep state and someone actually hands on rather than men who vacation 2/3rds of presidency. The more success Trump has the more desperate and loony his opponents will be, this whole thing about Russian hackers is absolutely absurd. Just wait until he's actually president, buckle up!

1. No president has spent even half of their presidency on vacation

2. There is strong evidence that the Russians were involved in the hack, maybe not a smoking gun, but still strong evidence, there's nothing absurd about concluding their involvement.

3. Its really funny how Trump voters felt mocked by the establishment, yet here you are mocking people who feel differently about Trump.

Well obviously your typical trump supporter is way more knowledgeable about national security issues like this than the CIA. I mean I don't hold the CIA in the highest regard, but I am not convinced they'd have just pulled this out of their a** and theres no truth to it.

Also the weird thing is all the people trump is surrounding himself with seem very much pro-establishment, so not sure how his supporters still see him as being so anti-establishment.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 5:53 pm

It's ridiculous that a person of his stature (Trump) makes use of Twitter the way he makes use of it.

It's similar to how a sports figure uses it. He makes blanket statements, then sometimes deletes those statements after some criticism.

kyria_gold
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jan 2017, 6:55 pm

Trump is a con artist liar...even so, he doesn't bother me and neither do his politics. The only thing I can despise him for is his bias with Israel and Palestine. But hey, go ahead and build an embassy in Jerusalem...you're only cementing the fact that there will be unleashed chaos....

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 8:11 pm

Earthbound wrote:
Trump and congress are both so clueless, unless congress secretly does have a plan to impeach him. Like I've said before- if people wanted REAL change.. they would've voted in more "outsiders" into D.C.. not just the president.

Trump's big ideas during his campaign- "drain the swamp", "lock her up" and "building a wall" (among others). He's backed down on many of these ideas.

It's clear the swamp isnt drained, its just full of some new people that will make Trump and his greedy friends richer.

Lock her up- time will tell if Hillary gets anymore investigation. So this is still up in the air.

Trump is still claiming a wall will be built and Mexico will pay USA back for it. How exactly is that going to happen? We just treat Mexico horribly until they cave? I don't think so. The underhanded and illegal tactics Trump did to make money and avoid lawsuits will NOT always work when dealing with other countries. Bullying people with lawyers and bullying countries with threats (many empty threats) are two huge different things!

Trump hasnt released his taxes because its clear he owes money to many countries! So if all the information was on the table, he would either be forced to pay them.. or he would find a way to help the country out.. so he can weasel his way out of debt. Sickening.

I sincerely hope Trump doesn't get impeached. Mike Pence is just that much worse. I almost wonder if Trump chose Pence as his VP so that no one would try to impeach him.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 8:19 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
The thing that bothers me most about Donald Trump is his lack of respect for the spoken word; he is not a man of his word. He changes his mind depending on his mood; so you never really know where he stands.

He seems like a a nice guy and I fear he may be in over his head. Putin is playing him, or has something on him; either way Trump is being disingenuous on the issue of Putin's hacking for some reason.

All the banter about grabbing women shows an immaturity that is not befitting the office of president.

He reacts too quickly and with too little thought in response to perceived threats.

I suspect he will bring some aspects of change to America and it will be interesting to see how he proceeds.
Well what about calling Mexicans rapists and his takedown of Jeb Bush. Aren't those the characteristics of someone who lacks respect for others.

His comment about Mexicans being rapists shows his immaturity. Regarding Bush and anyone who stands against him he is ruthless.

I think Donald Trump legitimately destroyed Jeb Bush's political career. By attacking him so ruthlessly a more timid Jeb was caught off-guard and thrown into a fight he couldn't win. And the biggest thing wrong with it was that it was unnecessary. Donald Trump was ahead by 30 percentage points in the polls but still persisted and launched nasty attacks. Such actions do not seem like they were nice at all. And we should be weary about having a person like that as President.

Are you sure its immaturity. Remember Donald Trump is a 70 year old man who pays attention to his politics shouldn't he know better?

Or is it something else. I think so since Donald isn't stupid it is actually more likely that he wanted to appeal to a Republican base that wanted to believe those things.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 8:24 pm

The only real crime was him saying that he wanted to fight with Putin and Assad against some of the US's current 'rebels'.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 12:15 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump is probably the laughingstock of the diplomatic world.

My parents are diplomats, so I can confirm that he has absolutely no respect from the diplomatic community because he's an idiot, however they are also very scared of him for the same reason.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 8:14 am

Trump wouldn't be so bad if he didn't appoint politicians and judges from the extreme religious right. I believe they're attempting to have abortion banned.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 8:24 am

Kentucky GOP Leader Thinks Fetal Viability Begins at Conception

Stivers wrote:
“This is my belief: there are two viable beings involved,” he said. “One had a choice early on to make a decision to conceive or not. Once conception starts, another life is involved, and the legislature has the ability to determine how that life proceeds.”

He's wrong about the fetus being viable at 20 weeks. It cold not survive outside the mother at this stage.

Abortion will be overturned before the end of Trump's term. The Right has to pretend to be merciful, but not having a natural ability for this has led them to get it wrong in this case.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 11:35 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Trump wouldn't be so bad if he didn't appoint politicians and judges from the extreme religious right. I believe they're attempting to have abortion banned.

Which is ridiculous since its the extreme religious methods of sex ed that lead to increased unwanted pregnancy.