Page 3 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 4:38 pm

Alliekit wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Trump wouldn't be so bad if he didn't appoint politicians and judges from the extreme religious right. I believe they're attempting to have abortion banned.

Which is ridiculous since its the extreme religious methods of sex ed that lead to increased unwanted pregnancy.

Idiots like that one are the same who want to slash the social safety net that helps poor mothers keep their children alive. They care about you before you're born, and after you die, but could care less about you in between.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 6:10 pm

I compiled a map here and these are the states that should Roe V Wade be repealed are likely to pass laws greatly restricting abortion rights.

Its quite surprising really.

I based this on a number of factors. The party/beliefs of governors. Where the state legislatures lie on the issue etc.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 6:16 pm

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 6:16 pm

Alliekit wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Trump wouldn't be so bad if he didn't appoint politicians and judges from the extreme religious right. I believe they're attempting to have abortion banned.

Which is ridiculous since its the extreme religious methods of sex ed that lead to increased unwanted pregnancy.

Similar to the idiots who want to remove birth control pills from health insurance.

Also the vice president doesn't like condoms. Doesn't he realise condoms reduce the need for abortions?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 6:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Idiots like that one are the same who want to slash the social safety net that helps poor mothers keep their children alive. They care about you before you're born, and after you die, but could care less about you in between.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 6:38 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Exactly.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 7:52 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

Aside from the fact that appointments are one of the primary responsibilities of the president and he completely botched it, he still wouldn't be any good because he's been neglectly his intelligence briefings and all his other responsibilities. We seriously need this guy out, I disagree with Pence on everything, but at least he'll do his job.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 8:06 pm

Ganondox wrote:
I disagree with Pence on everything, but at least he'll do his job.
That's what I'm afraid of.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 8:39 pm

This country has the highest incarceration rate in the world and crime is at a 50-year old low. Over the past few years, there have been major protests over police brutality, especially against people of color. Trump lied and said crime is at a 50-year high and wants to step up police forces, incarceration, and unconstitutional policing policies such as stop and frisk, to make our incarceration rates and police brutality even worse.

That is problematic.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 8:46 pm

You had an election between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. There was no way you could expect a good outcome from this.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 9:02 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
You had an election between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. There was no way you could expect a good outcome from this.

Is this post in response to mine?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 9:11 pm

Yes.

It was meant to illustrate that while Trump is a liar who will make things worse, Hillary is also a liar who would have made things worse.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 9:19 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Yes.

It was meant to illustrate that while Trump is a liar who will make things worse, Hillary is also a liar who would have made things worse.

How does it address what I'm saying, a major way in which Trump is bad?

Or would you rather us not talk about Trump's problematic views regarding policing and mass incarceration, by making irrelevant appeals?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 9:21 pm

I wasn't disputing that Trump is bad.

You can talk about whatever you want.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 9:22 pm

Moving on from that distraction, here is my post again:

beneficii wrote:
This country has the highest incarceration rate in the world and crime is at a 50-year old low. Over the past few years, there have been major protests over police brutality, especially against people of color. Trump lied and said crime is at a 50-year high and wants to step up police forces, incarceration, and unconstitutional policing policies such as stop and frisk, to make our incarceration rates and police brutality even worse.

That is problematic.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 9:25 pm

So which president always told the truth?