Christian perspective: killing others in name of God?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 1:34 pm

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 300AAQmMKr

When I read the views opinion made by some Catholic priests and Protestant pastors from the old days, sometimes I think that we Christians, both Catholics and Protestants sometimes we are not better than ISIS, in terms of fanaticism :)

After World War II, Poland's communists seized, my country

Communist propaganda portrayed the Catholic Church as an enemy of the state and quasi mafia organizations, which is not loyal to the Polish state and the Vatican.After the war, was very active for several years anti-communist guerilla.

Those partisans, often attacked the UB functionaries (communist secret police trained by the NKVD)

They had their own chaplains, reportedly wrote a memorandum to the soldiers not to hesitate to kill the communists, because they are atheists, and a large part of Russian Jews, with Polish surnames, and the killing of infidels and heretics is not a sin, but the way to heaven :)

've always admired our Polish partisans and freedom fighters, period german occupation and those who wished to continue to fight the war, this time with the Communists and Stalinists.

But I never liked justify killing in the name of God, even enemies and foreign invaders. Sometimes I think that the last thing that God would want is killing in his name other humans, even if military action is morally right at the moment :(

Last edited by pawelk1986 on 12 Feb 2017, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 1:41 pm

Yes christians have killed in the name of God throughout history, and it certainly isn't any better than the ISIS terrorists killing in the name of Allah. Extremism can develop in any religion/philosophy, which is one reason I think it is important to have secular governments that don't pander to any one religion...as I think having a state religion or things like that can certainly contribute to the rise of religious extremism.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2017, 4:28 pm

Of course. But what religion or ideology have not a bloody history?

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 9:00 pm

white_as_snow wrote:

This is one of the reasons I don't subscribe to religion, it's tendency to cause inhuman suffering and blood-fueled crusades in the name of god(s).

Pageognat
Raven
Raven

12 Feb 2017, 9:17 pm

The idea of someone killing in the name of God has been a component of Christianity in the past, but it was never accurate. Hopefully, the small faction within Islam that believes such nonsense will either come to their senses or wipe themselves out soon.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 9:37 pm

They are all just a bunch of brain-washed sheeple who fell into the psychological-trap of False-Flags.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 9:39 pm

If you vote, pay taxes (such as license-fees), fund or condone or support ANY form of punitive government in ANY way, then you are still subscribed to religion. The religion of Statism. The belief that the State must be obeyed.

The Proof of State Religion Paper

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

This is one of the reasons I don't subscribe to religion, it's tendency to cause inhuman suffering and blood-fueled crusades in the name of god(s).

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2017, 9:40 pm

Well, I don't know about anyone else here, but when I kill, I do it in the name of Entertainment Purposes.

Clearly the above was a joke.

My motivations are financial :skull:

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 9:49 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
If you vote, pay taxes (such as license-fees), fund or condone or support ANY form of punitive government in ANY way, then you are still subscribed to religion. The religion of Statism. The belief that the State must be obeyed.

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

I don't follow statism. :mrgreen:

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 9:58 pm

Pay no taxes, fines, fees, levies, stamp-duties, excise-tax, vote for no government-official, believe nothing from CNN, question everything they report on television, know that government is corrupt to the core, and that the police are the biggest criminal-gangs in any town, and nearly all of the judges are committing HIGH-treason !

Less obvious to the public is another religion known as Scientism (philosophical-materialism/physicalism).
They frequently refer to themselves as skeptics when they're really just debunkers and pseudo-skeptics.

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Ban-Dodger wrote:

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 2:56 am

Sure, Christians had behaved hardly any better than ISIS - - at one time. With the exception of the tribal/religious conflict in the Balkans not many years ago, as well as the sectarian violence in Northern Ireland, most Christians in the western world behave much better than their ancestors. Unfortunately, Christians in rural communities in Africa still lynch alleged witches, and gays.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 4:33 am

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Ban-Dodger wrote:

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

Who say anything about following satanism here! :)

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 5:36 am

the ten commandmends wrote:
Thou shalt not kill

i think that pretty much settles it.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 1:07 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Ban-Dodger wrote:

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

Lol, not me! :twisted:

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 2:22 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Ban-Dodger wrote:

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

Lol, not me! :twisted:

Oh,you mean stasism (i'm dyslectic :mrgreen: )

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2017, 6:36 am

I see, but there is a key difference between Christianity and Islam. In Christianity killing no matter the circumstance is strictly forbidden even the very emotion hate on itself is equal to murder. In Islam this is different, if you read the qu'ran you can see that their god approves of killing 'infidels'(unbelievers) even promising a reward for those who die in battle fighting in his name. A Christian fanatic or extremist wouldn't even harm someone in self-defense. Meanwhile a Muslim extremist will slay the unbelievers where he can find them. Don't believe me? Start reading the qu'ran. And don't give me the BS from Deutonomory because Christian are under the New Testament not the Old.