Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 6:04 pm

New president, new complaints, new side, people saying one side is worse than the other, add to that all the comedies and tragedies of each side, one side saying the other turned the country upside down, the other saying it turned right side up, could'eve had a better election, freedom is lost, new implemented ideas, new change of events, social classes undergoing dogma, churches having involvement, the classic leader is the devil propaganda, the you are crazy if you do not join my side, the entire world is falling apart, we need to take action, we don't need to take action, there is a hidden side to all of this, statistics, opinions of the person on the outside of all of this, good people will be poor, bad people will be rich, one side is promoting violence and the other is not, religious claims, non-religious claims, scientific claims, it's all a hoax, thank God I'm not like the other person, read between the lines, warning signs, the U.S. is going to be like a George Orwell 1984 novel, think of the people, think of the environment, taxes are needed, taxes are too high, the guy who is elected is a moron, everyone is ignorant to my opinion, it's illogical, its non-sensible, there's no reason, it's like a crime, the elected individual is a criminal, I heard on the news, we're singled out, we're controlled by a cult, too good to be true, the elected individual is a liar, the elected individual is a cheater, propaganda, think of the military, the military is cultish, the lucky ones, the unlucky ones, the fortunate ones have it all, this country is mistreated, it's all in the book, one party's individual is better, the other party's individual is better,

and so on and so forth.

I have no opinion on this election, and that's because honestly I believe this country needs to shape up and pick one person and stay with it.

I voted for Hilary Clinton also, so don't play the side game with me.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 7:21 pm

ZachGoodwin wrote:
I have no opinion on this election, and that's because honestly I believe this country needs to shape up and pick one person and stay with it.
there's a term for this kind of ruling system: dictatorship.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 9:18 am

Lol. I agree insofar as our country needs a serious mental health checkup.

I think guys like Jonathan Haidt and Mark Blyth are doing a good job of analyzing the pathologies, and Haidt is working toward an interesting solution at least in terms of tracking college ideological diversity. I'd say our patience is getting thin in different areas, ie. with the common populace neoliberalism is hitting us in the wallet, with those committed to social justice they're hitting a natural wall equivalent to the kind of problem that the scientists at CERN needed to pump billions of dollars into - ie. diminishing returns on investment.

I think also we'll be in much better shape when we can see an atavism or mythological pattern (as these are our fall backs and cop-outs from active thought), identify it, and flag it as something to be avoided. The religious motif is a great example where if it's not one of the Abrahamics it ends up being some type of rogue ideology with a theory that if you solve x problem or get rid of x type of person from the public sphere you get your equivalent of the New Jerusalem where the lion and lamb lay down to chew cud together.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin