Page 2 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 5:34 pm

EzraS wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Because you ALSO went after ASPartOfMe's citation, it doesn't seem like you want to even CONSIDER that there might be someone as evil as what you seem to think, is the NRA----and, that you only want people agreeing with you, that they are rotten, horrible, people, and they must DIE (or, whatever).[/b][/color]

That's an unfair characterization of my position, and a personal attack.

It's all about facts and facing facts.

I'll leave it to others to read the quote and decide which of us has stated facts.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 5:42 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Because you ALSO went after ASPartOfMe's citation, it doesn't seem like you want to even CONSIDER that there might be someone as evil as what you seem to think, is the NRA----and, that you only want people agreeing with you, that they are rotten, horrible, people, and they must DIE (or, whatever).[/b][/color]

That's an unfair characterization of my position, and a personal attack.

It's all about facts and facing facts.

I'll leave it to others to read the quote and decide which of us has stated facts.

These are the kind of facts you need to face yourself, instead of pointing a finger at others.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 6:02 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
The NRA says that the government will use the violence of leftist groups as an excuse to confiscate guns. They know how their members feel about that. WTH is the clenched fist of truth, anyway? They could have said fight with the truth.

Also, the right commits far more violence in the US.

The government, typically from the left wants to take our guns. If they can't succeed, then they work on stripping features away from our firearms. Violence is usually the motivator for anti-gun movements... I take a clenched fist, as something to hold onto and that is the truth.

All this talk about gun confiscation convinced me to upgrade my life membership and send the NRA another $250 for Endowment! I hope HPA gets passed for all our Autistic shooters out there.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 6:24 pm

Racist depiction of race war, with cartoon violence --
https://i2.wp.com/www.occidentaldissent ... 1280%2C863

Have you ever seen the Bruce Lee movie with the tower?

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 6:27 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:

What does that have to do with the NRA?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 6:32 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:

SH90 wrote:
What does that have to do with the NRA?

I believe that the tower, in the fictional movie, is analogous to a discussion on civil war, because the fight starts, in the lowest, least-accomplished tiers.

But, who is to say that nomads stick around, for the full duration of a national crisis. Past experience should show you that it's not in their basic nature.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 7:42 pm

I think the stuff so accurately depicted in the video will eventually burn itself out for the most part.

Resistance is futile :wink:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 3:39 am

SH90 wrote:
The NRA is not saying Civil War is coming, only the left is saying that... It's not a threat for violence, it's the opposite. The NRA is asking people to stand up and fight the resistance with a cliched fist of truth. Not a clinched fist around a firearm grip or a literal fist into a protester's mouth. Their asking for people to stand up and speak against the unhinged far left groups to stop the violence.

By the way, NRA has endorsed both democrats and republicans in the past... Seems odd that people are now concerned about a video that's been posted months ago. Almost like they need to hide something with a distraction.

Sincerely,
Life Time NRA Member, may upgrade to endowment this year :thumright:

When have the NRA supported Democrats? Twenty years ago?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 4:32 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Antifa wants combat training and firearms after losing the ‘Battle for Berkeley’

Quote:
This conversation continued, with suggestions for better equipment such as helmets and padding over the typical hoodie and facemask being worn. Another person on this r/anarchism thread suggested they rally behind a leader who can organize and direct actions. The conversation soon turned to weapons, however, and one member in particular suggested they bring firearms.

Not getting disarmed is a big part of the problem, yes, but we need more than flags and bats. We need to take notes from the John Brown Gun Club and get firearms and training. I know getting firearms in states and cities we have a presence in is usually a hassle, but even handguns would help. It would certainly put a psychological element in while holding fash back. Who do you think a fascist is more afraid of? People with only flags and bats, or people with flags, bats, and guns?”

You consider antifa like for like with the NRA? You want to compare an expensive ad with a Reddit thread?

I wanted to answer the question is there any large left organization with the same or more level of incitement. That antifa uses current and asymmetrical comunication techniques does not disqualify them for consideration.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 12:25 pm

Watched the video and saw no incitement of violence. Well, I'm sure the hand wringers and slackers of American society still reeling after last November's stinging loss would see it but I'm not one of them.

SH90 wrote:
Violence is usually the motivator for anti-gun movements...

The anti-gun motivation is always there and has been. They just exploit violent incidents where guns are used and the emotions of the public leave them momentarily vulnerable. The anti's and thier disciples are a dishonest lot.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 12:46 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Antifa wants combat training and firearms after losing the ‘Battle for Berkeley’

Quote:
This conversation continued, with suggestions for better equipment such as helmets and padding over the typical hoodie and facemask being worn. Another person on this r/anarchism thread suggested they rally behind a leader who can organize and direct actions. The conversation soon turned to weapons, however, and one member in particular suggested they bring firearms.

Not getting disarmed is a big part of the problem, yes, but we need more than flags and bats. We need to take notes from the John Brown Gun Club and get firearms and training. I know getting firearms in states and cities we have a presence in is usually a hassle, but even handguns would help. It would certainly put a psychological element in while holding fash back. Who do you think a fascist is more afraid of? People with only flags and bats, or people with flags, bats, and guns?”

You consider antifa like for like with the NRA? You want to compare an expensive ad with a Reddit thread?

I wanted to answer the question is there any large left organization with the same or more level of incitement. That antifa uses current and asymmetrical comunication techniques does not disqualify them for consideration.

Then show that their message has a similar reach to the NRA.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 12:49 pm

Well Raptor is back.Who bailed you out of the clink this time? :twisted:

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 1:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Off the top of my head, last year. NRA endorsed Chris Koster for Missouri governor.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 1:36 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Quote:

Then show that their message has a similar reach to the NRA.

Too early to tell, the NRA's video just came out. We will have to see if the NRA video sparks its much much larger membership to commit acts of political violence like antifa's use of social media has. I suspect actual right wing political violence will be sparked by similar guerilla type groups more then from NRA members who tend to be older, have families jobs etc. but we shall hopefully not see.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 1:39 pm

I don't see it. However, if I stipulate to the suggested comparisons, then the NRA deserves to be taken as seriously as antifa.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 2:06 pm

SH90 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Off the top of my head, last year. NRA endorsed Chris Koster for Missouri governor.

That's one - - who's the governor of a red state.