Page 2 of 14 [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 3:55 am

rvacountrysinger wrote:
Watching Anne , a powerhouse of a woman, and a wonderfully articulate debater, I notice that she is very direct and refrains from euphemisms . But besides that, she is well into her 50s and hasn't married (yet) . She is incredibly fixated on politics that she had little time for anything else. It seems more common in pattern, that she could be an Aspie. Main thing is, Anne is big on facts and logic- and so much so, that it tends to alienate those around her. But she never back peddles. Remember when she declared Donald Trump would win and everyone laughed at her?

For those who haven't figured it out, Anne Coulter is a political "shock jock". I doubt she stands behind much of what she says, and I believe she only says what she says because she has found a way to make saying such things profitable.

How do I come to this conclusion, you might ask? Her comments often come across as ignorant, however the idea of Anne Coulter as an ignorant idiot conflicts with her pre-celebrity successes. Reading her biography, it's clear that Anne Coulter is an intelligent lady, and the only reason that an intelligent person would make such blatantly ill informed comments is for attention.

On that note, I also suspect that the OP does not believe many of the claims he makes, and may merely be trying to provoke firey conversations.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 5:32 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Some sociopaths try to pass as aspies. Watch out.

^ That.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Aug 2017, 5:40 am

Not sure what the OP is up to. He says she's full of "logic and facts", but doesn't back this up with any evidence. I like logic and facts myself yet he says people who dislike her don't like logic and facts. What logic and facts are these?

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 9:36 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Not sure what the OP is up to. He says she's full of "logic and facts", but doesn't back this up with any evidence. I like logic and facts myself yet he says people who dislike her don't like logic and facts. What logic and facts are these?

I believe they're of the 'alternative' sort. :wink:

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 10:37 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
EzraS wrote:
As a woman who is autistic, I find it personally insulting that you would compare someone like Anne Coulter to me.

He wasn't comparing Anne Coulter to you. And he's not saying anything about you personally whatsoever. No wonder you go around claiming personal attacks are being made against you.

Looky here, another person I'm not interested in having a conversation with. Just do your best to avoid me and I will do the same, kiddo.

If you're not interested in having a conversation, I suggest you refrain from responding, let alone making personal attacks.

I thought it fair to let him know I was avoiding him and since he obviously doesn't like me he should do the same and that will prevent future tension and conflict which I think is preferable for everyone. This is a personal attack how?

:roll:

In what universe is "Kiddo" anything but a condescending slur, especially when addressing someone you've just directed open hostility towards?

EzraS wrote:
She claims she's the one being personally attacked, by people not even talking about her. And it's gotten tiresome to say the least.

You're describing one of the more distasteful side-effects of outrage culture. Self-ascribed victimhood has become a legitimate form of currency. I consider all such people as wolves in sheep's clothing.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 11:49 am

@OP

At this rate you'd also have to open the same line of inquiry on Tammy Bruce, which I think a lot of people here would probably like even less.

Suffice to say I think there are enough people who just march to the beat of their own drum and stand for what they believe in, for better or worse, as a matter of principle. When they find out that their truth simply won't get anyone's attention they often come around to sensationalizing their comments to get under people's skin - from there they get the sought-after engagement.

I don't think that a person going that way necessarily says anything about their autism/non-autism status. They could just as easily have been in a situation during their development where being fake or flexing/bending themselves to fit in got so onerous that they snapped and went in the opposite direction. That doesn't require autism - just the right internal and external environment mismatches.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 11:54 am

^The last paragraph made me think of Stephen Miller.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 4:30 pm

Coulter isn't autistic. She's just a psychopath.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2017, 6:38 pm

As a woman who is autistic, I find it personally insulting that you would compare someone like Anne Coulter to me. Whatever her politics are, she is an intentionally awful loud obnoxious person because it is her brand and it makes her money. I don't know if she believes half the hateful things she says, but I know she is awful enough to say them to get attention and make money.

OP, your brand of christianity seems chock full of hypocrisy: you say you value logic and you hold up people like Anne Coulter as exemplars of this "logic", but then you argue that the earth was made 6 thousand years ago by God and evolution is a lie despite all the logical scientific evidence that supports the theory of evolution compared to the nil scientific evidence showing the earth to be only 6 thousand years old. You can't even maintain any intellectual integrity through your arguments because you don't seem to understand your own faith very well or to question anything too deeply. You just seem to repeat things you've heard or read that you haven't really examined carefully yourself. I really struggle to communicate with people like you, I don't know how to maintain a discussion with someone so intent on their own ignorance and comfortable in their refusal to question their own beliefs. I have ended up at this impasse with many of the "faithful" Christians I have personally encountered in life. I don't know how to talk to you because I don't think you will hear anything I say.

I never compared her to you. I asked if she was an Aspie. Do you think all Aspies are blood related? Are all Aspies identical in personality? Otherwise, that is a silly argument. Furthermore, I find it contrary that someone on the autism could possibly be a liberal. As for your argument against the Bible and God's word. God is actually very logical, and so is belief in God. It makes more sense than a pseudo- science hypothesis based on flawed carbon dating and an assumption that the earth is billion of years old (which has yet to be proven). There is much more evidence for a younger earth, a younger universe.

Last edited by rvacountrysinger on 06 Aug 2017, 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2017, 6:44 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

I think you're confusing Ann Coulter with Hillary Clinton.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2017, 6:55 pm

Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
Watching Anne , a powerhouse of a woman, and a wonderfully articulate debater, I notice that she is very direct and refrains from euphemisms . But besides that, she is well into her 50s and hasn't married (yet) . She is incredibly fixated on politics that she had little time for anything else. It seems more common in pattern, that she could be an Aspie. Main thing is, Anne is big on facts and logic- and so much so, that it tends to alienate those around her. But she never back peddles. Remember when she declared Donald Trump would win and everyone laughed at her?

I know plenty of people who fixate on politics and they are nowhere near autistic or have Aspergers. Did it ever occur to you that maybe the reason why she focuses on politics so much is simply because it's her passion and maybe loves the attention? She is not big on facts nor logic but very emotional.

I was just using a loose example. The way she isn't afraid to say things . People insinuate that its because she is "hate monger" or wants attention. But actually, many people on the autism spectrum get accused of being bigoted and "racist" (a made up word , btw), etc. Because they don't adhere to neurotypical speech patterns or the institution of political correctness

When Ann Coulter gets emotional, it is from talking to leftists who refuse to listen to facts , and repeat the same tired straw man arguments at her. I know the feeling ! Talking to liberals is like talking to little children. They will say stuff like "Well, 97% of scientists say climate change is real!" And then when you present them with evidence and data that disputes their mantra, they just shout back the same thing "Um, but 97% of scientists say climate change is real ! Then comes the name calling and personal insults. I have seen Ann in debate. She mops the floor with most everyone. Her ability to stay so narrowly focused is why I wonder if she might be an Aspie. Also her facial expressions. (or lack thereof)

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 7:22 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Well, both of them have demonized black people more than once.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 7:30 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

You assume $hillary being one means Ann can't be. You assume incorrectly. :wink:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 7:51 pm

I'm pretty sure Anne Coulter is playing people for money.

That's really all there is to it. She has discovered that saying ignorant, outrageous things can be profitable.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 9:11 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
Marknis wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:

I know plenty of people who fixate on politics and they are nowhere near autistic or have Aspergers. Did it ever occur to you that maybe the reason why she focuses on politics so much is simply because it's her passion and maybe loves the attention? She is not big on facts nor logic but very emotional.

I was just using a loose example. The way she isn't afraid to say things . People insinuate that its because she is "hate monger" or wants attention. But actually, many people on the autism spectrum get accused of being bigoted and "racist" (a made up word , btw), etc. Because they don't adhere to neurotypical speech patterns or the institution of political correctness

When Ann Coulter gets emotional, it is from talking to leftists who refuse to listen to facts , and repeat the same tired straw man arguments at her. I know the feeling ! Talking to liberals is like talking to little children. They will say stuff like "Well, 97% of scientists say climate change is real!" And then when you present them with evidence and data that disputes their mantra, they just shout back the same thing "Um, but 97% of scientists say climate change is real ! Then comes the name calling and personal insults. I have seen Ann in debate. She mops the floor with most everyone. Her ability to stay so narrowly focused is why I wonder if she might be an Aspie. Also her facial expressions. (or lack thereof)

Plenty of aspies are afraid to say certain things, especially if they've been bullied and told constantly they are wrong or stupid and you can also see here on this very forum that plenty of aspies consider themselves liberal so both your points stand on weak legs. We are not stereotypes. And you seriously think NTs are all politically correct? :?

And you aren't using personal insults to the people you don't agree with? :roll:
She gets emotional because she is brainwashed by mainstream Christianity, a sick mentality that tamps down on skeptical thinking, encourages herd conformity, confuses jingoism and xenophobia with patriotism, and is pushed by hardcore conservative politicians to keep a voting stock.
And again, you are applying stereotypes. You really think NTs can't narrow their focus and they can't be without facial expressions? Ever heard of a poker face? This is all irrelevant anyway since Coulter tends to have a smug expression in her appearances.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 9:13 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Both are deplorable human beings. Just because you don't like one doesn't mean the other is a saint.