Why The Judaeo-Christian God Makes No Sense to Me

Page 2 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 6:15 am

Lintar wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Christians should read up on why there are only 4 gospels and all the others were not included in the cannon.

I wonder what they would think of the excuse given that there are only 4 seasons and main point on the compass.

Christianity. Dumber and dumber.

Regards
DL

I really do not know what point you are trying to make here. Are you trying to imply some sort of "pagan influence" within Christianity by comparing the number of Gospels to the number of seasons (or something)? It's a coincidence, nothing more.

Atheism. Dumber and dumber.

That is not what the compiler of the bible said.

Christians. Dumber and dumber.

But do not bother looking into the Christian history. It does not get any more intelligent.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 6:22 am

Lintar wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
starkid wrote:
Theism is not intended to make sense.

Correct, and it doesn't.

Yet look at how many claim to be believers. The majority.

That goes to show well how government programs to dumb down the population has worked.

Regards
DL

You speak out against "religion", and yet you call yourself the Gnostic Bishop. Theism does make sense, and you would realise this if only you wouldn't already be set in your ways regarding it, thus closing yourself off to the very possibility of even taking it seriously in the first place.

I'll tell you what doesn't make sense - atheism. I used to be one myself, back - waaaaaay back - when I was in primary school. I used to be a good little Dawkinoid, long before it became trendy on the then non-existent internet. I came to my senses when I was 12 because began to realise that it simply doesn't make any sense, especially when one coupled it with reductionistic materialism.

Theism might have some sense to it, but theists are senseless and have become idol worshipers and that makes no sense at all.

It makes all the sense in the world for one who is in a moral ideology to criticize those in an immoral ideologies like Christianity or Islam.

Don't you.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 6:29 am

Lintar wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Not so. The WORD of God, to most Christians, is from God and not a committee.

Most Christians? How about NO Christians (apart from a few fundies). Christians clearly realise that the actual texts within the Bible were written by men, and that God doesn't have a printing press up in heaven. When asked, most Christians will say that the texts were written by people who were inspired to write what they did, not that God guided their hand like a schoolteacher showing a student how to write and that they received a smack on the back of the head if they got it wrong. You are once again taking the imagery too literally.

GnosticBishop wrote:
That is why they have let a genocidal son murdering God guide their moral thinking.

Do me a favour: stop calling yourself the "Gnostic Bishop". It's misleading. Change your name to something more appropriate, like "The Clueless Atheist".

GnosticBishop wrote:
They cannot see the light through their faith blinders and end in adoring the dark side.

Regards
DL

The "light" being... ? What? Atheism?! Don't make me laugh! The belief in the ultimate pointlessness of existence has been responsible for more death and misery than everything else in history put together, including natural disasters. The darkness is the dogma that "in the beginning there was nothing - which exploded". Atheism is irrational, anti-science delusion at its worst.

You put me in a group to which I do not belong then rave against it, while indicating that I am the clueless one.

Regards
DL

Last edited by envirozentinel on 12 Sep 2017, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.: personal attack

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 6:56 am

Lintar wrote:
Nay wrote:
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Three persons, one God.

A concept that I had always struggled with, but this person explains it fairly well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G2S5ziDcO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gCv-FAjgps

Gibberish.

Jesus said, do not call me good. Only the Father is good.

Which means that the trinity concept is garbage and that is why those who try to explain it end in gibberish.

Regards
DL

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 8:59 am

Your single-minded religious fervour is inspiring, GB.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 10:59 am

Mikah wrote:
Your single-minded religious fervour is inspiring, GB.

Let us pray.

Regards
DL

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 12:20 am

GnosticBishop wrote:
That is not what the compiler of the bible said.

Compiler? Do you actually believe that a collection of documents dating from as early as circa 1500 B.C. to as late as the first century had a single author?

GnosticBishop wrote:
But do not bother looking into the Christian history. It does not get any more intelligent.

Of course. Let's not "bother" looking into anything at all we either don't agree with or do not understand. That would actually require a bit of work on our part, and we're just too damned lazy for that. Why are atheists so consistently anti-intellectual? Why are they so afraid to have their nihilistic bubble burst? Why are they so afraid of the truth?

Modern-day atheists, with their lame arguments, make me want to do this - :wall:

Regards!

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 12:24 am

GnosticBishop wrote:
You put me in a group to which I do not belong then rave against it, while indicating that I am the clueless one.

What an idiot you are.

Regards
DL

Now, now. :shameonyou:

Personal attacks are against the rules here at W.P. You don't see me calling you an idiot. If you are not an atheist, then what the hell are you? You give the impression of being one, because you make the same basic reasoning mistakes they make, use the same ad hominems, and generally carry on like one.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2017, 12:30 am

The easiest way religion makes the most sense to me is by considering our reality our life the same way as supernatural the T.V. show. If I can think of God himself in a way like that where it all makes total sense from his view then yes I believe in God. The idea that human's who are essentially supercomputers of life just magically happened via chance is a no go for me. Computers didn't happen via chance someone designed them. The way a human being can view something with their eye the process that goes into that, just too f*****g advanced to be random, it's perfect design is what it is.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 12:33 am

GnosticBishop wrote:
Lintar wrote:
Nay wrote:
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Three persons, one God.

A concept that I had always struggled with, but this person explains it fairly well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G2S5ziDcO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gCv-FAjgps

Gibberish.

Jesus said, do not call me good. Only the Father is good.

Which means that the trinity concept is garbage and that is why those who try to explain it end in gibberish.

Regards
DL

I didn't say that I actually agree with the concept of the Trinity (at this point in time I'm not sure about it). What I said was that this particular person presents a good case, that he explains it well. In fact, he explains it better than anyone else I have ever come across before.

The evidence, such that exists within the text of the Bible, is favourable to the position that Trinitarianism is false. 1 John 5:7 is widely believed to be an interpolation, it being found only in the KJV or NKJV of English Bibles.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 7:47 am

Lintar wrote:
Of course. Let's not "bother" looking into anything at all we either don't agree with or do not understand. That would actually require a bit of work on our part, and we're just too damned lazy for that. Why are atheists so consistently anti-intellectual? Why are they so afraid to have their nihilistic bubble burst? Why are they so afraid of the truth?

Modern-day atheists, with their lame arguments, make me want to do this - :wall:

Regards!

I love this quote.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:03 am

Lintar wrote:
[
Quote:
quote="GnosticBishop"]That is not what the compiler of the bible said.

Compiler? Do you actually believe that a collection of documents dating from as early as circa 1500 B.C. to as late as the first century had a single author?

No. That is why I used the word compiler and not writer or scribe. Is you first language English? I am French.

Quote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

Of course. Let's not "bother" looking into anything at all we either don't agree with or do not understand.

I did look at it and that is why I can speak of it and criticize it.

Quote:
That would actually require a bit of work on our part, and we're just too damned lazy for that.

Speak for yourself.

Quote:
Why are atheists so consistently anti-intellectual?

Why ask someone who is not an atheist? That is rather anti-intellectual of you.
Quote:
Why are they so afraid to have their nihilistic bubble burst? Why are they so afraid of the truth?

Do you find truth is slave holding ideologies like Christianity and Islam?

Quote:

Regards!

[/quote]

Logic and reason will do that to all who have their head up some God's, eh, you know.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:08 am

Lintar wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

What an idiot you are.

Regards
DL

Now, now. :shameonyou:

Personal attacks are against the rules here at W.P. You don't see me calling you an idiot. If you are not an atheist, then what the hell are you? You give the impression of being one, because you make the same basic reasoning mistakes they make, use the same ad hominems, and generally carry on like one.

I am a Gnostic Christian and many lie about what I say and tend not to quote what they are criticizing.

Even her, you point to reasoning mistakes and ad hominems with out quoting them so how in hell can you expect a civilized reply?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 10:14 am

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
The easiest way religion makes the most sense to me is by considering our reality our life the same way as supernatural the T.V. show. If I can think of God himself in a way like that where it all makes total sense from his view then yes I believe in God. The idea that human's who are essentially supercomputers of life just magically happened via chance is a no go for me. Computers didn't happen via chance someone designed them. The way a human being can view something with their eye the process that goes into that, just too f*****g advanced to be random, it's perfect design is what it is.

IOW, you are buying into the God of the Gap which is what the major religions now have done.

So since most Gods, including the scientific ones, have ended as Gods of the Gap, which one of the many Gods are you going to buy into since they are all represented by men.

Which group of men are you going to believe and does morality instead of belief come into your thinking?

After all, Yahweh and Allah are both pushing slave holding ideologies so do you think one of them worthy of you?

I sure don't.

Regards
DL

billegge
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2017, 6:37 pm

God never made sense to me either, for as far back as I can remember. I even argued with my parents that Santa Clause made no sense. What child does that?

Religious ethics never made sense either. For example you have to give, but the receiver would have to give also, so it contradicts itself.

I think the better thing to do is not to figure out the many ways God does not make sense but to ask the God believers to make sense. If they can't, you are not obliged to believe or consider them.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 7:22 pm

billegge wrote:
God never made sense to me either, for as far back as I can remember. I even argued with my parents that Santa Clause made no sense. What child does that?

Religious ethics never made sense either. For example you have to give, but the receiver would have to give also, so it contradicts itself.

I think the better thing to do is not to figure out the many ways God does not make sense but to ask the God believers to make sense. If they can't, you are not obliged to believe or consider them.

Many go through the nonsense and arguments you did. Sweet that you did not relent fighting the peer pressure.

Your last is true and I sometimes wish I could quit there. I cannot.

As a Gnostic Christian, I am duty bound to do two thinks. Tell people of my Gnosis and apotheosis, which is nit converting or preaching but just showing the way Jesus taught to do it, and my second duty is to fight evil wherever I see it.

I see a lot of evil in Christianity and Islam and am duty bound to fight them to the end of one of us.

Remain a free thinker my friend. That is the only way for you to become the best possible human as well as find your inner Christ mind.

Regards
DL