Public land Confederate statue fans" feelings.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 7:19 am

In another li e, Raptor defended the Confederate statues being on public land by saying they are " important " to people --- whose tender feelings must be left unwounded forever by leaving the Confederate statues on public land forever. Aren't conservatives supposed to be all " get over it ", " suck it up ", " move on", etc? Iftheir ancestors died in the war...I'm sorry, but in case you have problems with math, I'll tell you...NO PERSON NOW ALIVE HAS ANY MEMORIES OF ANY PERSON WHO DIED IN THE CIVIL WAR!! ! :wink: They would ALL, every mint julep-lovin' one of them, have been DAID, rhat's IN THE GRAVEYARD, for tbe last 35, maybe 34 maximum, years!! !! !! !! !! ! And THAT'S, actually, improbable, even someone born in 1865 pre-Appopotamx was lukely dead well before Jimmy Carter was elected! (Unless, of course, there is a never-made TWILIGHT ZONE episode to be made :lol: ) So we must salve the hurt feelingsof lil' Rebels over 150 years after the war ended by leaving up statues which were put up as " N_____, WE are top now!! ! symbols - Often, I believe, on land taken from black residents or just outside of black neighborhoods as a " You stay in HERE!! ! " symbols - Rhat is your desire?
Aren't there plenty off all-white country clubs and exclusive gated communities that could be an Old Soldirs' Home for these glorious masterpieces of art?
I thought conservatives were against public art, certainly if it offends anybody anywhere-
- what are going to do next, come out in favor of funding for the NEA??? I thought onservatives were outraged by the thought of artwork that could offend anyone being paid for by taxpayers' money! (And even maitence of the f*****g things myst cost considerable ca $h.) 8O Does it depend, heh heh, on what rype - or race - of person is offended? :wink:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!