Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 10:35 pm

He's got a different delivery style though. :lol:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 2:41 pm

Actually looking through his playlist this had to be my favorite. A lot of people sort of just know this, few people really package and consolidate it. Also, while I'm sure tons of discrimination and race/gender nepotism does happen and significant I really don't believe it's the lion's share of most people's problems the way many would suggest.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 3:41 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Actually looking through his playlist this had to be my favorite. A lot of people sort of just know this, few people really package and consolidate it. Also, while I'm sure tons of discrimination and race/gender nepotism does happen and significant I really don't believe it's the lion's share of most people's problems the way many would suggest.

I watched it. He gives good advice, sure. I don't think he gives valid analysis, overall, and especially of liberal values.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 3:49 pm

The mizzou is interesting since I live not overly far from there - Mizzou being the University of Missouri.
They have had some interesting happenings there in recent years; one of which demonstrated yet again that redheads are kinda crazy. :lol:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 5:07 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
I watched it. He gives good advice, sure. I don't think he gives valid analysis, overall, and especially of liberal values.

One of the things I do have to give him credit for, a video he has called Don't Try Until You're 35 pretty much outlines the sort of ape-rape orgy that the professional work world has turned into, ie. where you can barely make ends meet before 40 or get promoted into anything and that to be sharp, talented, or highly educated in your early to mid 20's means you'll be fetching coffee and sandwiches for at least 10 or 15 years while the education you received rots away to nothing.

For at least ten years I thought there was something seriously wrong with me, I think only in the past few years was I able to really understand that talent, ability, work ethic, quality of work, etc. have very little do to with advancement or clearing enough cash to move out of the parent's basement or corner room - even with a degree and white collar job. While he seems to pretty clearly lean neoconservative in a Ben Shapiro sort of way I'm glad to hear someone actually saying this stuff - clearly - that it took me over half a decade to start to put together and the rest of the time to actually believe.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 5:26 pm

He's also very pro-minimalist (financial) which is more Bohemian by most people's standards than conservative albeit I can't think of a smarter way to live and give yourself space for peace of mind so I'm in full agreement with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drMj-80COHo