I predict Trump will be re-elected in 2020 !

Page 9 of 13 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 10:28 pm

Marknis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump's just gave up protected government lands in Utah that have been sacred to Native American tribes living there, as well as huge deposits of dinosaur bones which is a Paleontologist's dream. He says he's giving this land "back to the people," but the thing is, IT ALREADY IS ALL OUR LAND! We all have the right to visit there, go camping, hiking, or do important work digging up the earth's prehistoric past life, etc. What this opens up to is potentially private business developing those wild areas which would be closed off to the public, and would destroy fossils and artifacts. Buying up public lands by business - called the Wise Use movement - has been a wet dream of the private sector for decades now. And Trump is making that dream of theirs come true.

I have a lot of respect for paleontologists such as Robert Bakker and Dinosaur George. I'll take their side any day over corrupt politicians. Unfortunately, a lot of people think watching Jurassic Park makes them instant dinosaur experts and don't care to read the textbooks or go to museums. :(

Funnily enough, Trump resembles B.P. Richfield from Jim Henson's Dinosaurs! :lol: x a million:

No disagreement from me, here! :lol:

Funny how a TV show based in the prehistoric past of our world predicts the future so well! :lol:

Thanks!
By the way, I agree with you in your other post concerning Nascar. My God, I think you'd have to be drunk or extremely intellectually inhibited to enjoy watching cars drive around in a circle.... FOR HOURS!! !! !

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2017, 2:46 am

It's too soon to tell what 2020 will be like; but, I think the GOP has set itself up to lose, so far. Trump is still hated, even though he hasn't accomplished much in office (while previous presidents have done a lot more within this short amount of time). No complaints from me on what he's done so far -- I'd rather a president do little than do a ton; but, nowadays, people don't look at the merit of actions, or actions at all: words speak louder than actions (as it's always been with the ignorant masses, hm?).

Personally, I would rather him not run in 2020 because my thoughts so far lean to the idea of him having a better chance of losing (still, I'm very conflicted because many voters grow tired of the SJW collectivist left). I want someone from the Liberty Caucus, notably Rand Paul.

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 3:14 am

Tollorin wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe they are "separate"---but inter-related as well.

Good conservation measures leads to less "greenhouse gases," which leads to less "climate change" of the nature which we are experiencing these days.

Climate change is normal and natural. Remember when they used to call it "global warming"? but , that was quite easy to expose as fraudulent, so they switch to "climate change". Its proper name is weather. And if you look at the history of the world it has been in a tumult now for centuries and it has a cycle . The push for "climate change" is to set us up for globalization and a 1 world government.

The planet is warming, this is a fact!! ! The denier are a pathetic bunch that still say that 1998 was the hottest year ever recorded, even though it's not true anymore as the hottest years recorded were the last few ones. Researchers have been able to get evaluation of temperatures for millennium by observing tree rings, digging sediments and glaciers and so on; the warming right now is not natural and humans are responsible, and the sooner we manage to lower our greenhouse gas emissions, the better.
You really should dig up for better news sources, as you're clearly misinformed by peoples denying reality.

I truly hope it is warming. Warming is good. It means life and abundant food.

It is cooling that would be the disaster.

There is no reason to panic.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 3:55 am

"humans are the only inhabitants of earth"

no.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 8:45 am

Yes, there is natural climate change.

But the warming has accelerated far more than what could be "natural."

What took decades/centuries are now taking mere years.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 4:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes, and it's absurd to say that it's been disproven, as almost 100% of scientists agree that climate change is man made, save for a tiny minority of corporate shills who repeat the anti-global warming line that was scripted by their bosses.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 9:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Based on what?

Would it surprise you to know that warming and cooling in the past appear to have progressed much, much faster than anything we are seeing today?

Look at how fast the Younger Dryas began and ended.

Would it surprise you to know that during what is called the Holocene Climatic Optimum something like 9,000 years ago, temperatures were noticeably warmer than today? And that about 7,000 years ago, sea levels were much higher than today?

Do you think that there is any correlation between mankind taking its first steps toward civilization began when it was much warmer than today? I do and would go so far as to say that without that warm period, we might never have taken those first steps toward civilization because the development of farming would have been much harder with the more limited productivity.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 9:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Yes, and it's absurd to say that it's been disproven, as almost 100% of scientists agree that climate change is man made, save for a tiny minority of corporate shills who repeat the anti-global warming line that was scripted by their bosses.

I think that real climate scientists would generally agree that some part is man-made and some part natural. The disagreement would be on how much of each.

Without global warming, we'd be in trouble today. During the period known as The Little Ice Age, life was much harsher and starvation much more common. In some places, people would have to grind tree bark up to make flour. Is that what you'd like us to do now?

Like it or not, we all benefit greatly from global warming today.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 9:29 pm

the whole tRump phenomenon embarrasses me more, even than when I was in the army and my fellow barrackmates were drunkenly loud and boorish.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 9:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the whole tRump phenomenon embarrasses me more, even than when I was in the army and my fellow barrackmates were drunkenly loud and boorish.

I have yet to figure out why a draft dodger like Trump is so popular with people who are in the military. And especially by those who went to Viet Nam instead of becoming a draft dodger.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 10:03 pm

kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I have yet to figure out why a draft dodger like Trump is so popular with people who are in the military. And especially by those who went to Viet Nam instead of becoming a draft dodger.

I think it was Friedrich Schiller who said "against stupidity, even the gods contend in vain." the late comic Steve Allen coined a usefully pertinent phrase, "dumbth," to refer to people who consistently sabotaged themselves and their fellows. a serviceable definition of dumbth was presented by MLK when he said "the two most dangerous forces in the world today, are sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 12:42 am

kokopelli wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I think that real climate scientists would generally agree that some part is man-made and some part natural. The disagreement would be on how much of each.

Without global warming, we'd be in trouble today. During the period known as The Little Ice Age, life was much harsher and starvation much more common. In some places, people would have to grind tree bark up to make flour. Is that what you'd like us to do now?

Like it or not, we all benefit greatly from global warming today.

Unless it gets out of hand, and and the earth turns into Dune. Be nice to today's earthworms because they'll be tomorrow's sand worms!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 1:11 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I do not know why so many are worried that Trump opposes the idea that humans are causing global warming the will end of the world as we know it. I am more worried about Trump causing nuclear winter.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 1:15 am

I perceive a diabolical motivation to the climate change deniers. I think they know way more than they will let on to outsiders.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 1:51 am

auntblabby wrote:
I perceive a diabolical motivation to the climate change deniers. I think they know way more than they will let on to outsiders.

My take is, I believe they could care less if climate change is real, they're just concerned that doing something about it would cost them too much money. They figure they have enough money for them and their children to live protected from the harm they cause, while they could care less about the rest of us.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 1:53 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

My take is, I believe they could care less if climate change is real, they're just concerned that doing something about it would cost them too much money. They figure they have enough money for them and their children to live protected from the harm they cause, while they could care less about the rest of us.

ah, the Elysium scenario. or the Dr. Strangelove plan, underground mansions in underground cities for the elect. Morlocks.