If religion stopped being so important in the US?

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 7:42 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Islam supports rape, genocide, killing of gays, beating your wife etc.

This sort of thing can also be found in the Bible.

Quote:
Feminists like op do not understand that there is other bad religions in the world.

Grammar? What's that? :lol:

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

The_BBgun_Adventurer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2017, 3:49 am

making religion second?
We built America on about freedom to choose our own religion and how we believe
and it was built with blood and death on our ancestors.
erasing this would void the sole purpose of America and we have clearly lost our ways.
how terrible...

Quote:
In other words, a godless America would be better, but plenty of problems would still persist. Changes are needed in the America political/economic system, not just American culture.

Saying a Godless America would be better?
Lot of good poeple who are christians who volunteer and help build up society where no one else dares to go
these christians helping the sickly and the poor and the lost poeple who have been forgotten by society.
should we throw away these poeple too? are they sickly in your eyes? will you go for them to help the weak and the lost?

Religion is a pillar that holds America up its important and it make us different and it needs to be respected.

spaceone
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Dec 2017, 4:05 am

One of the main founding principals of America was the separation of church and state, a principal that seems so commonly forgotten when it comes to domestic policy. Hence we have old homophobic white men trying to determine what women can do with their bodies, who can marry who, whether or not we can use ground breaking medical technology that has the capability to cure countless debilitating or even deadly conditions, even who we go to war with -- all in the name of a God who is supposed to be separated from our laws.

As for the blood and death of our ancestors, unless you are black, hispanic, or Native American, I can assure you that your ancestors put a lot less blood and death into the building of this nation than some other people's ancestors did.

Also, all of those wonderful things that you say Christians do, people of all religions and non-religions also do.

Nobody is saying that someone should stop practicing their faith. What we're saying is that people should stop trying to impose their religions on others and keep their faith where it belongs, in private.

Would a Godless America be better? F**k yes. And for once, it would actually be America.

Kovu
Raven
Raven

28 Dec 2017, 1:16 pm

shlaifu wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

Feminists like op do not understand that there is other bad religions in the world.

If Americans gave up religion, they'd probably define themselves by race even more, and become white supremacist biggots.

just a hunch.

And that's a bad thing because?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 1:28 pm

Excellent Topic Op here on "What if Religion Stopped Being So Important in the US?"
And, While it is True i've had many All Encompassing Restricted Repetitive Special
Interests in Life; i am currently Laser Focused on Writing Bibles and Dancing
After Recovering for what is often referred to as "Autism Spectrum Burnout";
at least on this Website for True in the 'outside' World most folks have
no real idea how difficult it can be to conform inside to the
outside World when one is endowed with symptoms
of the Autism Spectrum as i for one surely
am diagnosed with this Asperger's Condition by
Four Professionals as my Sister is too; For it is true that can be
hard to believe too; if you just look at the Cover of me without reading all
7 Bible titles I have Written in the Last 52 Months per yes Bigger than the size
of 7 Old King James Bibles at around 5.5 Million Words now as well as doing
what some folks name as Free Flowing Praise Dance in my Case just a way
to 'Stim' now that comes as Art as Free Flow Dance everywhere i go in Public more
Now for 8600 Miles in 52 Months too for it is also true as still documented on this
Website after i Recovered; i publicly stated here just for the Record that although it
might seem impressive that i Leg Pressed 500 Lbs at age 53; then i would even do more
than that as the Proof Shows now at 1020 LBS just last week at my Military Gym 52 times,
one for every month of Writing and Dancing in Reps just to Celebrate Greater Human
Potential in Success at age 57 years old now. It is true Humans Bond over Common
Meaning and Purpose and Make Common Tradition Holy and Sacred For what
the most basic Definition of Religion is that allows humans better to
work together no matter what the Bond of Religion is from Dark
to Light in the Greatest Dreams of Humanity or Nightmares
of Voodoo Like Nocebo Beliefs of Ill that Bring
Misery and Company in a Basic Survive
of Life in Areas of Scarcity where folks will bond over
any common cause just to survive day to day in deserts without
much water at the Bottom of Maslow's Pyramid in Thrive of Life now.
Anyway, I Believe in Love and Fearless Love in Unconditional Ways and Since
I have found absolutely no Religion that Actually Acts Fully upon this really Nice Loving
Dream; I for one now Create my own Religion to lead my Soul as Spirit of Emotions of
Heart that is as real as the neuro-chemicals and neuro-hormones that flow in
Blood Stream From Head to toe and my Personal Religion i continue to Write in
7 Bible Flow for the Latest Effort of "Grand Cross Bible 2017" that i am not allowed
to link here for all that I promote is the Higher Power and CHI Force of Love that still
is our Higher Potential of Humanity more. I for one prove that it is real for me by Overwhelming
Case Study Evidence in my Records of Bibles as just counting my Blessings more as they continue
to Multiply as Love More for Karma is real too as Positive Thought and Feelings and Senses Lead to
Placebo Results of Positive Actions/Consequences more For True I take the Opposite Path away from
Nocebo Negative Thoughts and Feelings and Senses Creating an Eventual Action/Consequence of Misery
Loves Company More. That's the way I see it and Religion per the Basic Definition of Religion and Politics
that are the Rules of Religions that are almost impossible to totally separate as church and state are simply
impossible to do without For as a Society of insanely large groups of Humans who truly still do not have much more capacity to live Peacefully than in a Village of 150 to 200 Sets of eyes without more and more rules as the Populations continue to increase most definitely require both religion and politics to prevent the potential anarchy of chaos
to take the rules of life away as greater insult and injury comes to others as we just are not evolved to live without
Religion and or Politics in insanely Large Groups of Human Beings; matter of fact not even when
we couple up and live together
for as few as two will have their
Religious and Political differences
for potential Strife and even eventual
Violence too; no matter what they name the things
that bond them together in common meaning and purpose
that come Holy and Sacred things and rules of Politics more as Tradition too;
It is true too; for even making rules that one cannot speak of Politics/Religion
is at core Religion and Politics too for that too can and will be a common bonding
tradition of meaning and purpose as well as another rule too. In other Words it is
literally impossible to escape religion and politics but it is also true in at least my
case; one can create their own Personal Religion and even Write 7 Bibles at the size
of 5.5 Million Words or So in 52 Months and even be named a living legend in their
Metro Area for Dance for just doing a 'Stim' so relaxing to regulate emotions and integrate
senses and even increase the Gray Matter in all areas of the Brain except for the Amygdala
in Fear Reducing all anxiety and other illusory Fears as Science really does show that a 50 Year-
Old Brain that does even still meditation as a practice reflects the Form still of a 25 Year old Brain
now. True, not only is Dance part of my Religion/Politics as well as the Meditative Ascendent transcendent
Ecstatic Flow of Writing Stream of Consciousness Alpha to Theta Brain Waves; yes, now, True too, what i do
is literally the Fountain of Youth even in ways of naturally increasing Human Growth Hormone from Head
to toe too. True, the difference in me and many folks who give lip service to these Scientific Related Ideas too
is i just do it
and share the
results for Free.
I do not market Heaven
with any money but it's kinda
Hard to miss me these days as i
Do my Nutcracker Suite of Martial
Arts and Ballet-like Free Flowing 'Stim'.
Thing is; it's not what you are born with that count most.
It is what you do next as the Ocean of the Whole Motion of life that makes all the Difference in the World
now of not living stagnant in misery loves company or flying higher than ever before with the Chi Force
of Love more Fully Employed as my Personal Religion as practiced is often referred to simply awesome
whether or not I call it a religion or rule of life as politics now it is what is at essence and it works Bottom
Lines Real. Other than that Religion will change as it always does but the essence of religion will be here
when groups of more than one human get together to work commonly together for survive and even thrive.
And yes, I never miss a Sunday of Catholic Church ever since I recovered in September of 2013. I go to
Sing and Hold Hands and I do a slow dance of sway in the Back Pew with my wife for it is also True i am
diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis and if I do not keep the Center of Gravity off my spine, my legs go numb.
Most People would be too ashamed to move to keep their legs alive. Me; i don't follow the rules of others;
I live an F iN Epic Life for as recommended by A Gnostic Version of Jesus the Answers do come from within;
Some folks name that the Higher force of God Living within; whatever it is it works and is real as the research
so far most definitely shows at least in my Case Study religion as is; Oh yeah; I have a prescription for Dance
from my Newest Psychiatrist for not only does dance remedy the Emotional and Sensory regulation
and integration of Emotions and Senses out of Balance with Symptoms of the Autism Spectrum
As Recommended therapy now it also regulates emotions and integrates senses as associated
with Bi-Polar Spectrum Symptoms to; but it is also true not every Psychiatrist and or Doctor
is up to date on cutting edge research. I did my research within and the Science Field
now just confirms what Eastern Philosophies in the Religions of Martial Arts have
done for Centuries that work. And yes, my Psychiatrist understands the
Force of Chi is real for he too is a Martial Artist like me but of course
I did not have to go to school for that nor do other Apes like
me who are otherwise saddled with the instructions and guidelines of
Modern Human Politics that are at essence all human abstract constructs
of Words now otherwise known as Human Recorded Language and Culture
and Religion Same but of course all Animals dance a non-verbal Language
as their Religion and Politics too. Truly all life lives according to some kind of
Religion and Politics; at least life that continues to survive and even thrive together
as Social Animal Love and all the other Human Emotions and Acts too of where we are all at now;
per what we perceive as
anywhere from a Dimension
that is real for us in our Multi-Universe
for Seeing and Doing our Reality from Heaven to Hell;
Anyway, just really Marking another Milestone of my Life here.
For it's true i go my own way whether or not I am too Large for other
Folks to see or not now. True too, I write an average of 30K Words a Week
now empirically Measurable by Word Count in each and Every MacroVerse now per
one a week I Write now as three never ending stories for now too as Bibles i Write
Grow on and on and on. I am no Twitter Man at the top of anything other than Love Free.
Other than that Have
a nice day; i drop by the
"Wrong Planet" online here occasionally just to mArk
an occasion as such as Free Life and Love my Religion of allone/me..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 1:29 pm

Kovu wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

If Americans gave up religion, they'd probably define themselves by race even more, and become white supremacist biggots.

just a hunch.

He was being sarcastic which doesn't translate well over text. Getting rid of religion would actually do the opposite since white supremacists ideology strongly identifies with Christianity.

Kovu
Raven
Raven

28 Dec 2017, 2:17 pm

Marknis wrote:
Kovu wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

just a hunch.

He was being sarcastic which doesn't translate well over text. Getting rid of religion would actually do the opposite since white supremacists ideology strongly identifies with Christianity.

Well, but I'm bad at understanding sarcasm because I'm autistic (hurr :lol: ).

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 3:43 pm

The_BBgun_Adventurer wrote:
making religion second?
We built America on about freedom to choose our own religion and how we believe
and it was built with blood and death on our ancestors.
erasing this would void the sole purpose of America and we have clearly lost our ways.
how terrible...

I never said that freedom of religion was terrible. Freedom of religion is a good thing. It's a human right.

Religion is grounded in irrational old mythology, but we can't ban it because that would be a violation of human rights.

That's why we have to focus on other problems.

Quote:
Saying a Godless America would be better?

It's probably not possible, but it would be great if it were possible.

Quote:
Lot of good poeple who are christians who volunteer and help build up society where no one else dares to go
these christians helping the sickly and the poor and the lost poeple who have been forgotten by society.
should we throw away these poeple too?

Not all people who help the needy are Christian.

Who said anything about throwing religious people away?

Religion is like beer. It isn't good for you, but banning it is unrealistic.

Quote:
are they sickly in your eyes?

no

Quote:
will you go for them to help the weak and the lost?

I'm not entirely sure what this means.

Quote:
Religion is a pillar that holds America up its important and it make us different and it needs to be respected.

This "sentence" is barely coherent. What?

Saying "religion needs to be respected" is just right-wing political correctness. If you don't want liberals to whine about "sexism in video games" then you shouldn't try to impose your own version of political correctness on people.

Religion makes America unique? If I listed all the other countries that have religion, we'd be here all day.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 12:01 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Saying "religion needs to be respected" is just right-wing political correctness.

Wow, it's good to see that the level of discussion in this forum is still so abysmally low that people are still trying to distill everything down to right vs. left.

Plenty of people who aren't "right-wing" believe that religion should be respected, and for more reasons than "political correctness."

spaceone

29 Dec 2017, 12:44 am

The meaning of respect is different for everyone, especially in context to religion. Right vs Left aside,what does respecting religion look like to you?

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 12:51 am

starkid wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Saying "religion needs to be respected" is just right-wing political correctness.

Wow, it's good to see that the level of discussion in this forum is still so abysmally low that people are still trying to distill everything down to right vs. left.

Plenty of people who aren't "right-wing" believe that religion should be respected, and for more reasons than "political correctness."

Well ... even if you respect a religion, it's still just a hypothesis. It's not a good idea to build your entire life around an unproven hypothesis.

On this site, I will often make threads about political issues that are demonstrably real and could put people's lives in danger. These threads get hardly any responses. On this site (and most other political forums) the threads that get the most responses are the threads that rely on cheap emotional manipulation.

For example, threads about religion tend to get tons of responses on every site, even though every religion is a mere hypothesis. Additionally, internet people over the last few years have sent death threats to one another over sexism in video games even though the issue never really had any importance.

That's why I rant about political correctness on this site. There are plenty of people in the world who's lives are literally in danger because of political and corporate mishaps. Despite this, modern political discourse is mostly focused not on people who's lives are in danger but people who are offended ... or claim to be offended.

That's why political discourse frustrates me so much. I'm not just talking about this site. I'm talking about political sites in general.

Religions are just unproven hypotheses and every religion can be interpreted in a dozen different ways, so that it can be shoehorned into any political philosophy. That's why I don't respect religion that much. I'd rather focus on issues that put people's lives at risk.

I guess there are some leftists who respect religion. They must be the most boring people on the planet. Leftists are always speaking carefully so that they won't offend women, LGBT+ people or any minority group ... which is hard because so many people will look for excuses to whine and cry over every little thing that comes out of someone else's mouth. If you are going to avoid offending religious people on top of all of that, you're basically a masochist.

My parents don't care about my feelings. When I'm being an idiot, they just tell me to stop being an idiot. When I feel offended, they just tell me to shut up and get back to work. I'm actually glad that they raised me that way, since I'm extremely awesome.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 12:57 am

spaceone wrote:
The meaning of respect is different for everyone, especially in context to religion.

Hell! That's easy! :D

That means I can redefine "respect" in any way I want!

Quote:
Right vs Left aside,what does respecting religion look like to you?

Not banning religion is respect.

If we have to "respect" religion any more than that, that is a violation of freedom of speech.

spaceone

29 Dec 2017, 1:21 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
spaceone wrote:
The meaning of respect is different for everyone, especially in context to religion.

Hell! That's easy! :D

That means I can redefine "respect" in any way I want!

Quote:
Right vs Left aside,what does respecting religion look like to you?

Not banning religion is respect.

If we have to "respect" religion any more than that, that is a violation of freedom of speech.

Well, perhaps not redefine, but what constitutes respect is variable. People will inevitably disagree on that variable.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 1:23 am

I've noticed that most people who say "Religion deserves respect." don't give any respect to atheism.

If religion deserves respect, why doesn't atheism deserve respect?

spaceone

29 Dec 2017, 1:52 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
I've noticed that most people who say "Religion deserves respect." don't give any respect to atheism.

If religion deserves respect, why doesn't atheism deserve respect?

I think that the right to be religious or atheist is worthy of respect. I also think that people should keep that ishh to themselves. I find it pretty disrespectful when people try to shove either one down my throat as I personally couldnt give less of a f**k about what someone believes or doesn't believe about the concept of creation as long as they aren't trying to pass theology-based laws, indoctrinate people, or use their theology or lack thereof to commit crimes/hate acts or otherwise discriminate against others.