Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 10:25 am

I'm already liking it.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 6:06 pm

It might be, or it might be overly tame, or it might do little more than cheerlead on matters that are relatively inconsequential while failing to ever make significant criticism (which I suppose is a more specific form of being overly tame).

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 6:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
It might be, or it might be overly tame, or it might do little more than cheerlead on matters that are relatively inconsequential while failing to ever make significant criticism (which I suppose is a more specific form of being overly tame).

I'm worried that it will be impossible to make a fictional Trump who is sillier than the real Trump.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 7:06 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I'm worried that it will be impossible to make a fictional Trump who is sillier than the real Trump.

That's a concern. So far most satire of him relies on basically just repeating what he's actually said with minor tweaks to mannerisms and tone/delivery.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 7:12 pm

There in lies the rub. How do you make a continuing sitcom spoof of a presidency that is itself a parody of the presidency? :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 8:09 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
There in lies the rub. How do you make a continuing sitcom spoof of a presidency that is itself a parody of the presidency? :lol:

Hire Alec Baldwin, Pauly Shore, Larry David, etc...

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う