A Liberal Visits Africa, Becomes a Conservative.

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 7:03 pm

What I learned in Peace Corps in Africa Trump is right.

Quote:
"Three weeks after college, I flew to Senegal, West Africa, to run a community center in a rural town. Life was placid, with no danger, except to your health. That danger was considerable, because it was, in the words of the Peace Corps doctor, "a fecalized environment."

In plain English: s--- is everywhere. People defecate on the open ground, and the feces is blown with the dust – onto you, your clothes, your food, the water. He warned us the first day of training: do not even touch water. Human feces carries parasites that bore through your skin and cause organ failure.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that a few decades later, liberals would be pushing the lie that Western civilization is no better than a third-world country. Or would teach two generations of our kids that loving your own culture and wanting to preserve it are racism."

Reality can sometimes open eyes.

Well that would do it :lol:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 7:17 pm

In the slums of Victorian England, people were covered in feces. That's what happens when capitalist governments are too cheap to pay for infrastructure.

This is the largest city in Senegal. I'm guessing that most of those buildings have toilets.
VVV

The current situation in the third world can be summed up with these lines from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Large Man: Who's that then?
Dead Collector: I dunno. Must be a king.
Large Man: Why?
Dead Collector: He hasn't got s**t all over him.

"African culture" my ass.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 8:29 pm

How does a "fecalized" environment equate to Trump "being right?"

Dakar is the capital of Senegal. In many ways, it's quite a modern city. There's lots of French influence still there.
The main problem in Dakar, from what I heard, is the over-aggressiveness of the market stall proprietors in the "Grand Marche."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 9:45 pm

I would really like to visit many parts of Africa as a tourist.

I've seen pictures of some really beautiful areas in the country of Guinea, for example.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 1:56 pm

And how does he think conservatism would solve this?

It's called poverty...its not as though people living in these conditions chose that, they are facing extreme poverty and a lot of the poverty of the third world countries has to do with western corporatism and exploitation of the world and resouorces as well as foreign workers.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 2:01 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
In the slums of Victorian England, people were covered in feces. That's what happens when capitalist governments are too cheap to pay for infrastructure.

This is the largest city in Senegal. I'm guessing that most of those buildings have toilets.
VVV

The current situation in the third world can be summed up with these lines from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Large Man: Who's that then?
Dead Collector: I dunno. Must be a king.
Large Man: Why?
Dead Collector: He hasn't got s**t all over him.

"African culture" my ass.

pretty much.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 2:16 pm

One thing Africans DON'T do:

Roll over and say "Woe is me."

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 2:17 pm

A ex-libertarian going in Honduras made the opposite.

https://www.salon.com/2015/03/02/my_libertarian_vacation_nightmare_how_ayn_rand_ron_paul_their_groupies_were_all_debunked/

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 2:31 pm

I say we deport all Liberals to Africa - then build The Wall as quick as possible and only let them re-enter America once they sign papers saying that they have been "re-educated" to be Conservatives. They obviously are not understanding the term "sh!thole" by living in a first-world country.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jan 2018, 2:42 pm

Liberals don't mind hordes of illegal immigrants pouring into the United States, because they can just retreat to their underground bunkers or gated communities. Hollywood elites are equipped to shut out the rest of the world. I don't notice any libs offering to take these 3rd worlders into their homes ! Remind a liberal that their houses have walls. They will just argue and say "you're full of hate".

bethannny
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2018, 2:47 pm

In my opinion, they're just trying to be ''kind''. I don't think for a minute any westerner believes that most African countries have the same standard of living as the west. Come on. If I visited an African country I already know what I would see and I know I would also see some nice areas with good infrastructure, skyscrapers and shopping centers but the poverty I would see existing outside of those areas would be unmatched to Canadian standards. It is what it is.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jan 2018, 2:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would really like to visit many parts of Africa as a tourist.

I've seen pictures of some really beautiful areas in the country of Guinea, for example.

They only show tourists the few good spots. I don't need to visit Africa. I get plenty of it where I live, lol.

bethannny
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2018, 2:56 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
Liberals don't mind hordes of illegal immigrants pouring into the United States, because they can just retreat to their underground bunkers or gated communities. Hollywood elites are equipped to shut out the rest of the world. I don't notice any libs offering to take these 3rd worlders into their homes ! Remind a liberal that their houses have walls. They will just argue and say "you're full of hate".

Actually your republicans also take advantage of illegal immigration by employing these people to work for them and their companies for next to nothing. Don't have to pay them a pension or medical either. Illegal immigration and large scale third world immigration is a conservative idea.

The people you refer to as ''liberal'' that encourage the U.S (and other countries) to have an open door immigration policy are foolish individuals. Anyone with any common sense at all knows what that will result in.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 2:57 pm

That's true. They usually show tourists the "good parts."

However, if I stay over someone's house, I'll get more of what the country is about.

As for sending Liberals overseas: How do you determine who is a Liberal?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 3:01 pm

bethannny wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:

Actually your republicans also take advantage of illegal immigration by employing these people to work for them and their companies for next to nothing. Don't have to pay them a pension or medical either. Illegal immigration and large scale third world immigration is a conservative idea.

The people you refer to as ''liberal'' that encourage the U.S (and other countries) to have an open door immigration policy are foolish individuals. Anyone with any common sense at all knows what that will result in.

Forget deporting all Liberal and Illegals to Africa. I think they should all be deported to CANADA! Then we build ANOTHER WALL on the CANADIAN BORDER! I'm tired of all of these "outsiders" commenting on American problems.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

bethannny
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2018, 3:09 pm

nurseangela wrote:
bethannny wrote:
rvacountrysinger wrote:

Forget deporting all Liberal and Illegals to Africa. I think they should all be deported to CANADA! Then we build ANOTHER WALL on the CANADIAN BORDER! I'm tired of all of these "outsiders" commenting on American problems.

Excessive third world immigration and illegal immigration is now a problem facing every part of the west not just the United States. Even a seemingly ''isolated'' (by water) country like Australia has to deal with it every day but they deport their illegals off mainland. It is far from being an American problem.

We are not ''outsiders'' we are your largest trader partner. Now why would you want to destroy us? You did not read my post correctly. Third world immigration is abhorrent.