A Liberal Visits Africa, Becomes a Conservative.

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 5:34 pm

I have been to Ghana and Namibia and they aren't "s**tholes". Ghana is dusty but you wont find many municipalities that have feces on the ground everywhere. Namibia is absolutely clean.

Also I believe that someone who called themself a liberal and then became conservative after seeing extreme poverty wasn't a liberal to begin with or is just trying to be edgy. And capitalism isn't going to help Africa because capitalism and colonialism put them in that mess in the first place. What they need is inexpensive solutions and worker owned production.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 6:12 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
As for the Wall of Hate, it either will not be built or the attempt will fail.

This is not the era of Mongols on horses, with swords and bows and arrows.
This is the era of explosives, armour, and gunpowder, and mechanised digging tools.
I suppose, if built, the wall will stand for as long as they are willing to bleed 10's of billions every year to patrol it, keep it standing, repair it and collapse the tunnels.

Once they stop, it will likely have more holes than a colander in very short order.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 6:13 pm

The article makes an argument that Africans are like dogs that defecate in public.

Therefore, Trump is right.

It seems like an "Onion parody", where "s**thole countries" = "public feces countries".

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 6:42 pm

Aniihya wrote:
Also I believe that someone who called themself a liberal and then became conservative after seeing extreme poverty wasn't a liberal to begin with or is just trying to be edgy.

... or perhaps he just became liberal for the wrong reasons.

I'm a liberal because I'm a history major. I've seen the facts. I've looked at both sides. I made my choice.

Of course, some people only become liberals due to social pressure. As a result, they never see the facts and data that created liberal principles in the first place.

These are the sorts of liberals that become conservatives when they grow older. When a liberal cannot explain why he/she is a liberal, he/she will usually grow up into a conservative.

That's why it's important for us liberals to back up our beliefs using facts and reason, not buzzwords and slogans. A worldview, much like a house, must have a strong foundation or else it will fall. People need to believe in things for the right reasons.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 7:18 pm

I want to go to Ghana. And many other places around our world.

Not because I’m a liberal or a conservative—but to learn about the world outside my sheltered surroundings and to have a more informed opinion about world affairs.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 7:27 pm

i would like to visit namibia sometime.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 7:36 pm

We need to invade Nambia and steal all their covfefe.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 7:44 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
We need to invade Nambia and steal all their covfefe.

SPIT TAKE!

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 7:50 pm

Covfefe came about because Trump fell asleep while tweeting something.....

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 8:05 pm

Namibia was smart enough not to become Zimbabwe.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 8:15 pm

Perhaps the Native Americans should kick all you immigrants out of their country. Bye bye those with English, Irish, Scottish, German, Swedish etc etc ancestry. Or is it only some immigrants that deserve deporting? Trump's ancestors are German and Scottish. Deport the immigrant.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jan 2018, 11:00 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
As for sending Liberals overseas: How do you determine who is a Liberal?

exactly, only imbeciles use terms like "liberal" or "conservative" to label the people they don't like for whatever reason with no thought or consideration given to what the terms actually mean.

Not so. It's pretty easy to determine who is a liberal in the modern sense. Today's liberals want open wide borders, mass immigration, abortion "rights", high taxes, no pipelines, lawsuits against bakeries who refuse to make cakes for perverted marriages, and asserting power and dominance by using votes from illegals, dead people, and cats.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 3:59 am

I wasn't aware that the official liberal position was that it's better to live in a third world country than in a western country.

I remember a time when people would argue their position. Nowadays people just try to discredit their opponents by misstating their opponent's position.

Even if the liberal ideology was bad, that wouldn't prove the conservative ideology is the correct one because there are more than two ideologies.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Jan 2018, 7:14 am

I considered locking this as soon as it was posted because the subject matter was arguably racist.

Several of the comments have been unquestionably racist, and there have been multiple scathing attacks on both protected groups (calling people in same-sex relationships "perverted") and political groups (calling for all liberals to be deported). These are clear breaches of the rules.

Consequently, I'm locking this thread before any more of that happens.