Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 5:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:
food by socioeconomic class-

poor= is there enough?
middle class= does it taste good?
rich= is the presentation elegant?

:salut:

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 5:29 pm

^^^ :flower:
more food by S.E. class-

poor=fast food joint around the block
middle=fine restaurant, mebbe even out of town
rich=fave dining establishments by appointment only, per state and even country.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 5:31 pm

“Is this place expensive enough to keep underlings out?” :P

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 5:34 pm

transportation by S.E. class-

poor=bus, thumb or borrowed jalopy if lucky
middle=new sports car, minivan, SUV or luxury car every 2 years or so
rich=limousine, piloted Newell Coach, or premium luxury vehicle like a Rolls or Land Rover Range Rover, or a Maybach or Ferrari.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 5:36 pm

clothing by class-

poor=rags or 2nd-hand work clothing
middle=new name brands
rich=personal tailor

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 5:38 pm

humor by class-

poor=laughs at people
middle=laughs at situations
rich=laughs [up their sleeves] at social faux pas of fellow richies

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 5:47 pm

politics by [amuuurican] class-

poor=frequently not voting due to lack of free time or official/semi-official voter suppression
middle-more often than not, center-right, once every few generations will vote center-left
rich=voting is for the 99%, the rich buy their politicians wholesale

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 7:43 pm

auntblabby wrote:

rich=limousine, piloted Newell Coach, or premium luxury vehicle like a Rolls or Land Rover Range Rover, or a Maybach or Ferrari.

In all fairness, my family and I live below the poverty line, and we own our jalopy. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 8:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

In all fairness, my family and I live below the poverty line, and we own our jalopy. :lol:

movin' on up in the world, are we? ;)

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 8:24 pm

Do you pay any taxes?

Lower Class: no
Middle Class: yes
Upper Class: no

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 8:29 pm

sorry, but I must beg to differ here- i'm lower class but I sure as $#!+ pay taxes! :o The Dotard raised my income tax rate to 12% [useta be 10%], as I am just above the poverty level of $10k/annum. also local sales taxes and license fees which count as taxes. if you count all that, I pay the same proportional [to income] tax rate as somebody middle-class.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 8:34 pm

auntblabby wrote:
sorry, but I must beg to differ here- i'm lower class but I sure as $#!+ pay taxes! :o The Dotard raised my income tax rate to 12% [useta be 10%], as I am just above the poverty level of $10k/annum. also local sales taxes and license fees which count as taxes. if you count all that, I pay the same proportional [to income] tax rate as somebody middle-class.

Sorry. I got that joke from Stephen Colbert.

It is, however, true that many billionaires get absurd tax breaks ... that almost everyone tries to ignore because they are so hard to morally justify.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 8:42 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Sorry. I got that joke from Stephen Colbert. It is, however, true that many billionaires get absurd tax breaks ... that almost everyone tries to ignore because they are so hard to morally justify.

no worries :flower: how well I know that Richie Rich skates by on taxes. and if they had their way, the 1% would make the 99% pay tribute taxes to the 1%, IOW a new feudalism.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 8:47 pm

1. There's a phenomena that poor people say they're middle class because they're embarrassed to admit being poor.

"We're middle-class. We're not poor. We can't afford the kids, but we're not poor"
https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016 ... dle-class/

2. There's a phenomena that rich people say they're middle class, because they feel poor to richer people.

"even in the 1 percent (that is, with incomes above about $500,000), can’t keep up with the Kardashians. They conclude they are not wealthy, so they tag themselves middle class".
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ss/278240/

Last edited by LoveNotHate on 15 Mar 2018, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 8:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Sorry. I got that joke from Stephen Colbert. It is, however, true that many billionaires get absurd tax breaks ... that almost everyone tries to ignore because they are so hard to morally justify.

no worries :flower: how well I know that Richie Rich skates by on taxes. and if they had their way, the 1% would make the 99% pay tribute taxes to the 1%, IOW a new feudalism.

This is why corporate "liberalism" needs to go.

The corporate "liberals" like Obama and Clinton recognize that people in the lower class need more affordable healthcare, but they want the middle class to pay for it.

Meanwhile, the upper class can do as it pleases.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 8:54 pm

prolly the most obscenely tone-deaf uniquely amuuurican phrase I've ever heard, is some wealthy people having the gall to be calling themselves "the affluent poor." :wall: