Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,686

07 May 2018, 3:04 pm

Do we owe Muslims another apology?

This link says yes.
http://bigthink.com/videos/maajid-nawaz ... mic-reform

This link says no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQcSvBsU-FM

To those who think we should try to separate the good Muslims from the bad Muslims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drJCC2XXMBo

I do not think it is to the non-Muslim world to apologise to Muslims for the criticism we do of their un-civilized ideology.

Should we stop judging and criticizing those institutions of religion that are leading us away from a more civilized state?

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Have you tested the ideology of Islam? Is it good to you?

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Is correcting and criticizing Islam the loving or the hateful thing to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMJATBMebj8

Regards
DL



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

07 May 2018, 3:07 pm

Learning and educating yourself is more important than simply apologising.


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,686

07 May 2018, 3:20 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Learning and educating yourself is more important than simply apologising.


Sorry. A one liner will not show your POV.

Are you saying that the West needs to learn to be more like Muslims and that we should apologise for criticizing them?

Regards
DL



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

07 May 2018, 4:37 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Are you saying that the West needs to learn to be more like Muslims and that we should apologise for criticizing them?


We shouldn't apologise for criticising Islam. That's covered under freedom of speech.

Our leaders should, however, formally apologise for all the innocent Muslims that they have killed.

We don't need to be more like Muslims. We just need to recognize that Islam isn't as bad as we think it is. Albania is a Muslim country, but it is very peaceful and tolerant. Also, homosexuality was permitted in the Ottoman Empire.

Overall, the Quran is just as bad as the Bible and the Torah. I don't think that Islam is beyond criticism. I just think that most of the problems in Islam also exist in every Abrahamic religion.


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,686

07 May 2018, 6:50 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Are you saying that the West needs to learn to be more like Muslims and that we should apologise for criticizing them?


We shouldn't apologise for criticising Islam. That's covered under freedom of speech.

Our leaders should, however, formally apologise for all the innocent Muslims that they have killed.

We don't need to be more like Muslims. We just need to recognize that Islam isn't as bad as we think it is. Albania is a Muslim country, but it is very peaceful and tolerant. Also, homosexuality was permitted in the Ottoman Empire.

Overall, the Quran is just as bad as the Bible and the Torah. I don't think that Islam is beyond criticism. I just think that most of the problems in Islam also exist in every Abrahamic religion.


I do not se much difference in ideologies between Islam and Christianity though but reforms in Christianity has put it a small cut above Islam.

As to us apologising for our killings, perhaps, but I also recognize that there have been more Muslinms killed by other types of Muslims than by us.

As to how bad Islam is today, check the stats supplied in the links and you will see just how un-civilized they still generally are.

Regards
DL



Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2018
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 125
Location: Holland

08 May 2018, 5:29 am

A medieval, brutal totalitarian system of control that you cant leave, which will happily kill people for wanting out, being gay, thinking differently...

does not deserve an apology.

it needs to change drastically or it needs to die out. giving primitives assault rifles and bombs is just not a good idea



GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,686

08 May 2018, 12:29 pm

Tanker wrote:
A medieval, brutal totalitarian system of control that you cant leave, which will happily kill people for wanting out, being gay, thinking differently...

does not deserve an apology.

it needs to change drastically or it needs to die out. giving primitives assault rifles and bombs is just not a good idea


+ 1 on this.

Regards
DL