Autism Research is evil and should be banned!

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2018, 1:22 pm

Research in causes & cures against autism is evil, because even though autism is a disability, it affects the personality of the individual. That is to say that autistics are not as good people as anyone else, that they do not deserve to be "them" and we autistics do not deserve to be who we are and think and reason the way we do.

If a cure is found, it certainly would not be voluntary to recieve. It will be imposed by force.

Many countries with social welfare demand that if there is a cure for the low functions that would make the individual better functioning, it can impose a requirement to cure that individual in question. Even if the cure will affect the individual's personality.

Just for the sake of dismantling a myth that (non-autistic) people will claim: THIS IS NOT ABOUT WELFARE BENEFITS OR LEECHING ON SOCIETY, DAMN'IT!

It is about the RIGHT to be WHO we are as INDIVIDUALS with our OWN personalities! EVEN in the case our Personalities makes us lower functioning & need welfare to function in society.

I say we should ban research in causes & cures against autism!

I am who I am, and I DO NOT want to be anyone else! I'd rather be dead than recieve a cure for autism!

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2018, 9:36 pm

Well I'm glad we finally got that settled.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 5:37 am

OP has previously advocated for the banning of free speech and freethought, so proposing a ban on free inquiry should surprise no one. Points for consistency in your advocacy for tyranny.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 7:28 am

No freedom of speech ... no freedom of thought ... no freedom of inquiry ...

What's next? Sharia law?

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 8:29 am

Disableism?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 8:50 am

Banning everything you disagree with isn't the answer.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:16 am

There will never be a "cure" for autism, so I'm not worried about that.

I believe research into ANYTHING is an essential part of any enlightened society. If we ban research, we become fascists, frankly.

Trust me....no autistic person wants to live under a fascist/Nazi-like society.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:21 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There will never be a "cure" for autism, so I'm not worried about that.

I believe research into ANYTHING is an essential part of any enlightened society. If we ban research, we become fascists, frankly.

Trust me....no autistic person wants to live under a fascist/Nazi-like society.

I don't want to live in a fascist society either.

But I do see all these attempts to cure autism and make us into someone we are not, very fascist like.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:22 am

@SocOfAutism
:lol: Don't tap the glass.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:24 am

Peacesells wrote:
Disableism?

Rather our society is very much discriminating against disabled.

I want neither. But frankly speaking, after so many years of anti-autistic hatred, I really do want revenge!

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:27 am

It is a disgrace to see so little support to me from the autistic community.

If I did not know better, I'd believe the vast majority here are not autistics at all, since I'm accused of being a fascist because I dislike a cure for autism...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:30 am

Revenge is counterproductive in almost all cases.

In a non-fascist society, we have the right to refuse a "cure."

Again, I'm not worried about a "cure." It won't come in our lifetime.

Even if the supposed "cure: is arrive at through "gene therapy," it would only "cure" the particular genetic disorder which is causing the autism (if it actually does "cure" it---since the genetic change would have to occur within all cells in the body).

Autism has many causes, most of which are unknown to us at present.

I believe in an alleviation/abatement of symptoms. I believe this is eminently possible for many.

But a "cure?" Virtually no chance in our lifetime.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:31 am

I believe we have to assert our rights as PEOPLE, aside from being autistic.

We have to demand the right to be treated with dignity.

But we also have to work with the mainstream; we can't work against them.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:42 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
In a non-fascist society, we have the right to refuse a "cure."

Many autistics recieve social welfare in welfare states (Denmark, Sweden, Norway).

According to the laws in these countries, if there is a cure for whatever reason you recieve welfare, you have to take that cure. They are even forcing ECT on schizophrenics, against their will. They are even imposing risky surgeries for various physical disabilities, risky in that there is a 50-50 risk at getting paralyzed from the surgery.

This is the reality in Scandinavia. Changing a personality by force for economic reasons (not medical), through medical drugs or other treatments, might be unethical in the U.S., but not in Denmark.

This is the reality and the reason I oppose a cure.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:58 am

thinkinginpictures wrote:
It is a disgrace to see so little support to me from the autistic community.

If I did not know better, I'd believe the vast majority here are not autistics at all, since I'm accused of being a fascist because I dislike a cure for autism...

If anyone is a disgrace it's you. Who do you think you are, doling out judgement on who is or isn't autistic based on sharing your opinion or not? And once more you confuse your personal dislike for something for a reason to have it banned by law. Guess what? I don't like curebies, either. That's not a valid reason to ban all autism research. And you are called a fascist because of your abhorrent disregard for basic personal freedoms, and explicit support for things like thought-crime. Get it right.

glebel1
Raven
Raven

02 Jul 2018, 10:22 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
Banning everything you disagree with isn't the answer.

Seems to be the only answer some people have, though.