Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 5:46 pm

This guy explains why he has walked away from the insanity of the Democrat party.

Hopefully people like this can save the left from where it is going and be an actual counter to Trump and Co.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2018, 10:10 pm

I'm willing to bet that far more Republicans, like Steve Schmidt, have left the Republican party that has since become the home of nativists and racists.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 2:45 am

best rant :D

Rab C Nesbitt having a rant

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 5:20 am

US's future is totally Right and Republican; Trump and his likes will win round after round ; I bet that White lefts and liberals breed way less children than rural,conservative and right Whites, and children most likely will follow parent's politics. While Whites being around 77.35% of total population, even the existing hispanics/latinos won't be able to offset this birth rate differential.

This what happened to Turkey: Families with veiled women breed much more than Families with non-veiled women. And all the former always vote for Erdogan.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 8:06 am

Demographics is destiny...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2018, 8:33 am

If only the Democrats would take a more practical and pragmatic approach to winning elections, instead of basing their candidates' positions on lofty philosophies that have little or no application in the Real World. Sure, we all know the meanings of words like 'Liberty', 'Civil Rights', and 'Progressive', but how do the concepts they represent get applied to people who equate a sideways glance with a 'Hate Stare', a friendly wave with an 'Obscene Gesture', and an adult white male's financial success with 'Blatant Racism'?

No, the trouble with the Democratic party is not so much its fragmented and disparate ideologies, but its fixation on ideologies that are so far out in the aether that normal, Earth-bound citizens are not even aware of their existence. The DNC should - at the very least - focus on translating those ideas into terms and conditions that their constituents can both understand and hold on to.

But until the average person can look at Democratic candidates and NOT think of them as wealthy, socially isolated 'Limousine Liberals' who are 'not like us', the DNC will be facing its constituents across a gap of both credibility and comprehension.

In other words, not only do we not trust the Democrats, we simply can't understand them!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2018, 2:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm willing to bet that far more Republicans, like Steve Schmidt, have left the Republican party that has since become the home of nativists and racists.

That crook is a perfect example. Try actually spending some time to think about what you are going to post. That guy was a supporter of the racist war monger John McCain. And he was actually the guy who got McCain to have racist, Zionist war mongering hawk Sarah Palin as his running mate. So your post is tripe.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jul 2018, 3:09 pm

I truly agree with what he's saying. I used to be more (R) and Conservative, but a friend introduced me to Libertarianism in High School. I'm hoping these moderate liberals will come join us, so we can all point and laugh from the sidelines as the hard right and hard left throw bottles at each other and hit each other with bats in Berkeley as we just sit down and drink a cold Cola with each other.

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 4:29 pm

You like Ron Paul then?

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2018, 3:28 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
This guy explains why he has walked away from the insanity of the Democrat party.

Hopefully people like this can save the left from where it is going and be an actual counter to Trump and Co.

The Democratic party sucks. It's not a left-wing party, it's centrist at best. However, it's the only real alternative Americans have to the GOP, which is even worse.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2018, 5:08 pm

The Democrat party has no policies. Just flood in illegal migrants for votes and to bash on Trump and Russia. More and more people are seeing through their identity politics lunacy and rejecting it. That's why Trump won. I understand if you hate Trump or the Republicans too much ever to vote for them or him. But I can't believe anyone could vote for the Democrats.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2018, 7:26 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
The Democrat party has no policies. Just flood in illegal migrants for votes and to bash on Trump and Russia. More and more people are seeing through their identity politics lunacy and rejecting it. That's why Trump won. I understand if you hate Trump or the Republicans too much ever to vote for them or him. But I can't believe anyone could vote for the Democrats.

Trump won the election because of a flawed system. He even admitted beforehand that the Electoral College wasn't a good system. More people voted for Hillary Clinton. And yes, you might have a hard time believing people would vote for Democrats, but not everyone thinks like you. They're the only real alternative to the Republican party, and there are many reasons why people wouldn't want to vote for a Republican.

But what the hell do I know? I'm just some Canadian. I don't even get to vote in your elections. :roll:

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Jul 2018, 4:06 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
The Democratic party sucks. It's not a left-wing party, it's centrist at best. However, it's the only real alternative Americans have to the GOP, which is even worse.

I think it's more accurate to say that the Democratic Party is a broad-tent party which appeals to people from the left to the centre, and these days it's definitely a centre-left party - almost every representative supports a big increase in the minimum wage and healthcare expansion, for example.

The Republican Party has ever-decreasing appeal to centrists, but that's not a problem electorally because there are fewer and fewer centrists. It's bad for the country and the world, but not the party.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2018, 8:29 am

The_Walrus wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

I think it's more accurate to say that the Democratic Party is a broad-tent party which appeals to people from the left to the centre, and these days it's definitely a centre-left party - almost every representative supports a big increase in the minimum wage and healthcare expansion, for example.

The Republican Party has ever-decreasing appeal to centrists, but that's not a problem electorally because there are fewer and fewer centrists. It's bad for the country and the world, but not the party.

I think the Democrats are alienating what it left of the center also. Basicially if you are “center” you are irrelevant at this point, both sides view you as indecisive wimps, enablers of evil.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2018, 3:20 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Trump won the election because of a flawed system. He even admitted beforehand that the Electoral College wasn't a good system. More people voted for Hillary Clinton. And yes, you might have a hard time believing people would vote for Democrats, but not everyone thinks like you. They're the only real alternative to the Republican party, and there are many reasons why people wouldn't want to vote for a Republican.

But what the hell do I know? I'm just some Canadian. I don't even get to vote in your elections. :roll:

Who cares what Trump says. He won the election because his opponent is one of the most evil people in history.

A lot of people did vote for Hillary because they were ignorant about her crimes.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2018, 5:47 am

JohnPowell wrote:

It’s people like you constantly talking about identity politics. The real left talks about issues that actually effect people while you prattle on over nonsense. The sudden fear mongering over Mexicans is a total ruse.