Page 6 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,574
Location: Stendec

09 Aug 2018, 8:26 am

Peacesells wrote:
I am sure behaving like this in a thread about men's issues will give you extra feminism points and make the ladies impressed, guys.
That loud crashing sound you hear is the wannabe White Knights of this community derailing this thread in their desperate attempts to suck up to feminists in the hope of getting girlfriends.


_________________
Hug a Bawapakerwa-a-a-awapawab Bureaucrat Today!


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 58,377
Location: Queens, NYC

09 Aug 2018, 9:10 am

I have a wife, and have had many lovers....



LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,415
Location: USA

09 Aug 2018, 9:48 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Their most common argument is this: "Well … maybe men face discrimination … but women face more discrimination … so any discrimination that men face is irrelevant."

"Not as bad as" fallacy or fallacy of relative privation
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as

The "not as bad as" fallacy, also known as the fallacy of relative privation, asserts that:
1. If something is worse than the problem currently being discussed, then
2. The problem currently being discussed isn't that important at all.


_________________
After a failure, the easiest thing to do is to blame someone else.


aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,383

09 Aug 2018, 9:51 am

The Grace of Balance; yes, Literally Balance is one 'Male Issue' that
Technically Leads to out of Balance Minds and Bodies in never truly Developing
A Balance of Body and Mind in an Actual Physical Free Dance of Life that actually Regulates
Emotions and Integrates Senses as this Deficit Basically arises from Males who rarely if ever Participate in Rough and Tumble Play and Outdoor Team Sports that do require this Dance of Balance Naturally leading to Emotional Regulation and Integration of Senses; As Additionally, A Non-Verbal Language of Fearless is An Attraction Factor that Science Shows Attracts Women most of all.

This part is rather simple and complex; A Greatest Negative Factor of "Men's Issues" is a Failure to Develop the Innate Instinct and Intuition in Non-Verbal Language that Makes a Dude a Chick Magnet everywhere they go; To sit still in Class and to Stick to Screens at Night in all the ways that moves one while sitting still is no way to become a 'Real Man' who Women will even notice.

As an Anthropologist Participant Observer in the Art of Free Style Dance in Public now for 9699 Miles in 59 Months
Starting at age 53; with now a Documentation that yes Class I can empirically prove now with over 2000 Smiling Ear
to Ear Early 20's Females in A Joy of the excitation of Dance I Bring to/for them is Clear to See in Thousands of these Recorded Selfies in this Empirical Evidence; yes, it is clear to see at least in this Case Study Evidence that Close to all my Problems Associated with this so-called Asperger's Syndrome is I never even Learned how to move Freely and Confidently as two feet become one Force of Balance. Now that this issue is fully resolved, Life is Realistically Magic now in attracting the Opposite Sex Freely; of Course, just as an Anthropological Exercise as A Participant Observer as Still my 48 Year old Wife exceeds the Beauty of Most of those Women; and yes, upon request that's easy to prove too. I Credit my Marriage though 'strictly' through the Love my Mother Gardened as me; A most Attractive Factor along with Fearless that Any Woman will Love in a Male Still today is the Ability to Generate a Feeling of Fearless Unconditional Love; call it 'White Knight' if one likes but that turns Women on; And Oh My God it's like Human 101, Love is the Best when you really Do Love
And Am
Love Incarnate too.

Other than the Grace of Balance; the other Greatest so-called 'Toxic Patriarchal Deficit' of Males Still is
That Failure to Develop the Empathy Sympathy and Compassion of Love; And Chances are if one is either
not born with that Propensity and or Gardened that way by a Loving Hugging Mother; and yes, other Family
and Peer Support As Science now shows how one may not even have/develop the 'Wiring' to Feel the 'Warm
And Fuzzy' Pet of a Cat; And yes a Greatest 'Male Issue' as far as this real life deficit goes is never
Gaining the Ability to make a Woman Feel as Warm Inside and Fuzzy as a Cat Purring
too; just waiting to please one in every which way and loose as far as that stuff goes too.

People who truly Believe that Physical and Emotional Intelligences are inferior to Intellectual
Pursuits of Standard IQ are Inherently Lost from what even actually Counts Most in Life; namely,
Still A Fearless Unconditional Love for when one is Filled up; and yes 'Feeled' up in that Nation
of Human Being Within; the Rest of the Cake of Life is simply Icing (Heaven) but sure; being
Financial Independent erases the other Part of the Sour Lemons out of the Sweeter Lemonades to; heHe..;)

In Shorter Terms too, Social Status through Purposeful Meaningful Subsistence Gaining Activities Full of Meaning
And Purpose are High on the Priority Lists of Males who Feel and Sense Life is not Worth Living and basically S88KS.

Clearly Defined Social Roles and Purposeful Meaningful Subsistence Gaining Activities Full of Holy and Sacred Senses and
Feelings about Success in Life Naturally Brings an Easier Gait and Taller Posture in life; reference the Fearless Non-Verbal Language in attracting the other Gender, too, if that pleases you too.

It all comes down to this;
If you can't do that Stray (Stay) Cat Loving Strut; you lose.
And that Folks has Little to do with any Book Learning at all.

So in even a
Smaller
Phrase
Dance Life
Lovingly Fearlessly
And Freely now or lose
more than you may even imagine now;

Just from my Experience, at least, of course; and Oh God so much more;
Almost all my 'Male Issues' came from a Lack of Free Dance; 'who' Knew the Answer is so simple.
And to be clear 'Your Male Issues' may be totally different from the ones I had; just my opinion this is too.


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,201
Location: Sweden

09 Aug 2018, 10:20 am

I love you Fnord, very good points you've raised in this thread.
I've thought alot about most of them myself too, from my own reference, but also watching other men, and of course my dad getting absoulutely crushed to pieces in divorce.

These issues have angered me alot throughout my life, but even though it was very clear to me, as I'm not a dumb guy, at some point, I've started to accept that these things will never ever change. The people in this thread who honestly think the perception of men in society will change, if men open up an become more emotional?...I don't know what you guys are smoking. You probably don't have the experience of being a man, so this might seem like a convincing and logical arguement to you. Most of my guy friends and I, have absolutely no problem opening up or being emotional when there's only men around.

Men are human doings. Society doesn't care about you, because you're supposed to just be strong. This only applies if you are in fact, strong. If you're a weak man, you're either completely invisible or looked down upon, especially by women I might add. There's no group that society has less sympathy for, than weak men.

I've seen both sides of this myself. Coming from a broken home and being a relative failure, to now being in the upper quartile of students at medical school. From being completely invisible to now getting sympathy I don't really need anymore, it's hard not become resentful about it. It's women in particular who have made a 180 on me in this regard.

See, I didn't ever get sympathy by opening up, being emotional or adopting feminine characteristics, I got it by fulfilling my duty as a human doing, that can potentially provide a bunch of resources for a hypothetical family.

Women have never cared about men, so I couldn't care less about women's issues.
I don't really care about men's issues either, because it's a hopeless game you'd have to be an idiot to believe in.



Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,809

09 Aug 2018, 11:15 am

Closet Genious wrote:
I love you Fnord, very good points you've raised in this thread.
I've thought alot about most of them myself too, from my own reference, but also watching other men, and of course my dad getting absoulutely crushed to pieces in divorce.

These issues have angered me alot throughout my life, but even though it was very clear to me, as I'm not a dumb guy, at some point, I've started to accept that these things will never ever change. The people in this thread who honestly think the perception of men in society will change, if men open up an become more emotional?...I don't know what you guys are smoking. You probably don't have the experience of being a man, so this might seem like a convincing and logical arguement to you. Most of my guy friends and I, have absolutely no problem opening up or being emotional when there's only men around.

Men are human doings. Society doesn't care about you, because you're supposed to just be strong. This only applies if you are in fact, strong. If you're a weak man, you're either completely invisible or looked down upon, especially by women I might add. There's no group that society has less sympathy for, than weak men.

I've seen both sides of this myself. Coming from a broken home and being a relative failure, to now being in the upper quartile of students at medical school. From being completely invisible to now getting sympathy I don't really need anymore, it's hard not become resentful about it. It's women in particular who have made a 180 on me in this regard.

See, I didn't ever get sympathy by opening up, being emotional or adopting feminine characteristics, I got it by fulfilling my duty as a human doing, that can potentially provide a bunch of resources for a hypothetical family.

Women have never cared about men, so I couldn't care less about women's issues.
I don't really care about men's issues either, because it's a hopeless game you'd have to be an idiot to believe in.


Women have never cared about men? That’s simply untrue. I am a woman who cares about men and men’s issues.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,574
Location: Stendec

09 Aug 2018, 11:26 am

Closet Genious wrote:
I love you, Fnord ... Women have never cared about men, so I couldn't care less about women's issues. I don't really care about men's issues either, because it's a hopeless game you'd have to be an idiot to believe in.
So I'm an idiot, huh? So much for your "love" -- you can keep it and shove it into a place that never sees the Sun.

Women DO care about men -- each one for different reasons. Maybe they don't care about YOUR issues, and maybe because you don't care about theirs.

And by the way ... that's not how "Genius" is spelled ... :roll:


_________________
Hug a Bawapakerwa-a-a-awapawab Bureaucrat Today!


Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,668
Location: Dunking jammy dodgers

09 Aug 2018, 11:35 am

Closet Genious wrote:
I couldn't care less about women's issues. I don't really care about men's issues either, because it's a hopeless game you'd have to be an idiot to believe in.


the world is only pushed forward because people care enough about issues that they take them on and campaign to change things.

Your surrounding world is only as it is because people have cared so much in the past to make them how they are so we benefit from them.



Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,201
Location: Sweden

09 Aug 2018, 11:50 am

Fnord wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
I love you, Fnord ... Women have never cared about men, so I couldn't care less about women's issues. I don't really care about men's issues either, because it's a hopeless game you'd have to be an idiot to believe in.
So I'm an idiot, huh? So much for your "love" -- you can keep it and shove it into a place that never sees the Sun.

Women DO care about men -- each one for different reasons. Maybe they don't care about YOUR issues, and maybe because you don't care about theirs.

And by the way ... that's not how "Genius" is spelled ... :roll:


I am perfectly aware thank you, but it is not possible to edit my username on this site.

Yes, they care about succesful men, like I said. It has nothing to do with me being nice or caring or not.



Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Age: 31
Posts: 1,082
Location: England

09 Aug 2018, 12:02 pm

The older I get, the more bored I become of this conversation.


_________________
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.


Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2014
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,915
Location: Anzio, Italy

09 Aug 2018, 12:03 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
I love you, Fnord ... Women have never cared about men, so I couldn't care less about women's issues. I don't really care about men's issues either, because it's a hopeless game you'd have to be an idiot to believe in.
So I'm an idiot, huh? So much for your "love" -- you can keep it and shove it into a place that never sees the Sun.

Women DO care about men -- each one for different reasons. Maybe they don't care about YOUR issues, and maybe because you don't care about theirs.

And by the way ... that's not how "Genius" is spelled ... :roll:


I am perfectly aware thank you, but it is not possible to edit my username on this site.

Yes, they care about succesful men, like I said. It has nothing to do with me being nice or caring or not.

That is not correct, success is one of many factors that can make a woman like you or care about you. This is a serious thread so please don't turn it into lame incel whining.



Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,201
Location: Sweden

09 Aug 2018, 12:16 pm

Peacesells wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
I love you, Fnord ... Women have never cared about men, so I couldn't care less about women's issues. I don't really care about men's issues either, because it's a hopeless game you'd have to be an idiot to believe in.
So I'm an idiot, huh? So much for your "love" -- you can keep it and shove it into a place that never sees the Sun.

Women DO care about men -- each one for different reasons. Maybe they don't care about YOUR issues, and maybe because you don't care about theirs.

And by the way ... that's not how "Genius" is spelled ... :roll:


I am perfectly aware thank you, but it is not possible to edit my username on this site.

Yes, they care about succesful men, like I said. It has nothing to do with me being nice or caring or not.

That is not correct, success is one of many factors that can make a woman like you or care about you. This is a serious thread so please don't turn it into lame incel whining.


I am not an incel, thank you very much.

My point was actually a serious one. My point was that men need to become succesful for society to have sympathy for them, which seems to me to be somewhat more factual than: "men need to be more emotional and adobt feminine traits, and society will suddenly start sympathizing". That's a ridiculous point if I've ever heard one.



alex
Developer
Developer

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2004
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,111
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

09 Aug 2018, 1:19 pm

Men's issues do matter. The issue is you're framing this conversation from a negative anti-woman POV.

If you care so much about men's issues, why don't you advocate for them instead of complaining about how women are advocating for women's issues?

I will lock this thread soon if it continues to be just another excuse to rant about women by the men of Wrong Planet.

I am taking actions to stop this environment of hostility in L&D because it's turning off women (and men as well) from wanting to participate on WP.


_________________
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alexplank

Personal FB: http://fb.me/alexplank1


Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2014
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,915
Location: Anzio, Italy

09 Aug 2018, 1:37 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
I am not an incel, thank you very much.

My point was actually a serious one. My point was that men need to become succesful for society to have sympathy for them, which seems to me to be somewhat more factual than: "men need to be more emotional and adobt feminine traits, and society will suddenly start sympathizing". That's a ridiculous point if I've ever heard one.

I don't care if you are one or not, I only pointed out that this is not the place for incel-like whinings like yours.

There's nothing serious about your point and I would hardly call it a point at all, lame generalization is better.
Now you say society, before you said women, haha! Besides who said that men need to acquire feminine traits to be loved by society and this thread's purpose is not to give you dating advices.
By ranting like this you attack women and make men look bad.
Look, now they want to close a thread about men's issues because of what you say.
alex wrote:
Men's issues do matter. The issue is you're framing this conversation from a negative anti-woman POV.

If you care so much about men's issues, why don't you advocate for them instead of complaining about how women are advocating for women's issues?

I will lock this thread soon if it continues to be just another excuse to rant about women by the men of Wrong Planet.

I am taking actions to stop this environment of hostility in L&D because it's turning off women (and men as well) from wanting to participate on WP.

Can't you keep him from posting here instead of closing the whole thread, please? It seems unnecessary.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,243
Location: US

09 Aug 2018, 1:56 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Toxic masculinity

Toxic masculinity

Toxic masculinity

etc...

The word seems to imply women have no part in causing it and it’s a male only issue.
Which is false