Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 10:06 am

In Saudi Arabia, criticism of the government or the quran, is punished by flogging and death penalty.

Trump unconditionally support that wicked state of Saudi Arabia. Therefore Trump is a traitor to the entire Western World!

Trump loves islamic extremists!

Why would people against islamic terrorists ever support Trump?

There was/is NO DIFFERENCE between Islamic State and Saudi Arabia. They had/have the EXACT same laws and they are practiced the EXACT same way to the EXACT same extent!

If the U.S. is afraid of losing saudi oil, invading the country and installing a pro-western democratic government should be an easy task. Unlike Iraq, there are not much division in Saudi Arabia. They are all sunnis (in Iraq there was both sunnis and shias and many other fractions).

They have only one fraction in Saudi Arabia. Invade that shitholed country, and install a friendly regime that respects western values!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 10:31 am

Lol Just because 95% of its population is Sunnis that does not mean that KSA is not suspectible to divisions in case of war. Invading it would cause a mess maybe even worse than Iraq.

It’s a tribal society, there are still rivaling powerful clans, plus their local Muslim brotherhood plus the nearby Houthis. Look at Libya, it’s totally Sunni yet it’s totally a failed state now due to rival tribes.

I don’t agree that KSA and IS are entirely the same right now, IS (or what’s left of it) is more like KSA at the beginning of its foundation.
Sure, both still apply the sh***y Sharia laws but KSA is doing social progress/reformation especially under the current Crown prince; it would be a very bad timing to invade it now.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 12:23 pm

ISIS had a special kind of unmatched depravity.

If you had said "we hate the Iranian regime, but LOVE the Saudies even though the Saudies are just as bad, or worse than the Iranian regime" I would have agreed with you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 3:56 pm

Iran is becoming worse than ever.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 4:51 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Interesting. The Saudies are moving in the right direction with this new prince, but Iran is moving in the opposite direction( maybe their regime is getting desperate).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 2:33 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Interesting. The Saudies are moving in the right direction with this new prince, but Iran is moving in the opposite direction( maybe their regime is getting desperate).

With the latest turmoil with Canada and arrest of women activists, I doubt KSA is moving to the right direction either.

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 3:37 pm

Saudi Arabia is one of our oil suppliers, plus they're a stable monarchy who are opposed to ISIS...

But I agree that we can't follow their lead when it comes to dealing with Iran. Iran is super aggressive and f****d up, but frankly, they don't have to be our enemies. There are moderates in the government and among the populace. If we took a less aggressive policy towards them, if we lowered sanctions, we wouldn't be validating the hardliners among them. At the very least we don't have to demonize their civilians.

I would steer clear of direct intervention in Iran, though, but not give the government more anti-Western fodder. Same thing with Saudi Arabia-- they're good allies to have, and we'd do well not to interfere. I'm pretty skeptical of countries forcing other countries to reform. But in regards to Saudi Arabia, we also don't have to bomb Yemenis just cuz they said so. We should have a backbone and not directly antagonize anyone who could help us against ISIS, which btw includes both Saudi Arabia and Iran...

TLDR; Saudi Arabia is a relatively powerful and rich country that has convergent interests with us. We'd be stupid to refuse help from corrupt governments just because they're corrupt. Buuut we also should make our own decisions about not antagonizing Saudi Arabia's enemies and standing on our own two feet.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 4:27 pm

Because we are a client state of Saudi Arabia.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2018, 7:49 pm

Trump isn't the only one that is holding hands with the Saudis.
This is old news, this has been going on for a while under every administration since it started. Obama Administration, Bush Administration, Clinton Administration... they're all the same. As I like to say, "I don't need sex because the government [expletive] me everyday!"

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 5:56 am

The short answer to your question:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 10:44 am

What the hell is everyone talking about? Saudi Arabia funds ISIS. 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Saudis and they funded it. They are carrying out a genocidal war in Yemen. The other week they bombed a bus and killed dozens of school children.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 10:54 am

JohnPowell wrote:
The other week they bombed a bus and killed dozens of school children...
... using an American-made bomb that was supplied under the approval of Donald J. Trump.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 11:06 am

Fnord wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
The other week they bombed a bus and killed dozens of school children...
... using an American-made bomb that was supplied under the approval of Donald J. Trump.

Precisely. Same thing was happening under Obama. This is the kind of thing people should be calling him out on rather than his hair and skin color.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 3:42 pm

JohnPowell, do you know what's written on the Houthis' flag, the Yemeni faction which supported by Iran and which Saudi Arabia is fighting?

Here, dear I will translate it to you:

Translation:

"Allah Akbar"
"Death to America"
"Death to Israel"
"Curse upon the Jews"
"Victory for Islam"

So as you can see, the US would be insane to side with a faction that adopted that flag as their OFFICIAL party flag and slogan, instead of Saudi monarchy.

And here's wiki's translation of it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Houthis

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 4:09 pm

Where as America and Israel doesn't even bother writing it, They just do it. America has no right to support either side. They and the others should leave Yemen the hell alone.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 6:30 pm

I guess WWE signed a long term contract with SA and they have to make money even if its SA