Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 12:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I think the pope should just give in and open the priesthood, wide open, to married folk. and to women.
If that ever happened, Luther would be drinking a mug of beer to celebrate in the Great Beyond. But not Calvin, as he was a blue nose (he'd just drink tea).

they would at least have the advantage of a higher perspective on things.

I would think so. 8)

may we then join them at a convenient time 8)

Just not yet. :lol:

'tis why I said "convenient" ;)

traven
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 12:39 am

dynasties validated by selfappointed organised religion and inbreeding
the old values of warlords: child-trophy sex and boys being superior to girls in bling-status

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 12:50 am

doin' what comes naturally in their view. may such backwardness breed itself out of existence.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 5:07 pm

I had a wonderful dream last night! The Vatican was converted into a maximum security prison to house all the pedophile priests!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 9:59 pm

was the pope the warden?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 8:07 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Unfortunately, any time there's a bunch of youths, and a bunch of counselors who are in charge of those youths, there's inevitably some sort of sexual abuse going on.

That goes for religious groups----perhaps especially for religious groups.

When I went to summer camp, there was always rumors swirling about some adult who did stuff to kids.

I don’t think the problem is necessarily that it’s happening (don’t get me wrong: if it happens once, it’s awful!), but the biggest problem is that it is being systematically covered up by these organizations. That just creates more victims.

I've heard Catholics say only a small percentage of their priests are pedos but when nearly 100% of them turn a blind eye or actively protect the perpetrators, that means nearly 100% of them are guilty of enabling a heinous crime.

And just because their pride wouldn't allow the public to view their church as less then perfect. They simply thought their pride was more important than the lives of children. In the Gospel, Jesus had some choice words to say about people who hurt children.

The real tragedy is that the Catholics have a fairly tight control over what goes on in their own church so if they wanted to, they could have found thousands of abusers and reported them to the police. An organisation with influence over a billion people could have been a source for good.