What's the political climate like in the UK right now?

Page 24 of 41 [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 41  Next

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 6:21 am

PearlsofWisdom wrote:
Dominic Raab's Leadership Pledge. Hmm, with only two other signatures, could be a false coo.

Signatures? I could forge more convincing fake signatures than those back when I was a kid trying to bunk off gym lessons at school! Back when I was just a young whippersnapper, we had politicians who could handle those kind of underhand moves with real class and panache. And with a proper fountain pen too! What is this country coming to? Tut, tut! :lol:

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2019, 6:27 am

Biscuitman wrote:
PearlsofWisdom wrote:
So what if he lied?

seriously?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander

Oh..You mean like Cross party double talks that's good for Bremain, but bad for the country?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 6:29 am

I see the current Home Secretary says that if he becomes PM he will increase police officer numbers by 20,000. He even said "more police on the beat means less crime on our streets. Not exactly rocket science is it?"

What's odd is that the current party in power, of which he is obviously part of, have cut police officer numbers by 21,000 and have seen the crime rate increase, while also claiming these things are not at all linked.

You'll never guess which position in the Government gets to manage whether police officer numbers go up or down........

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 6:30 am

PearlsofWisdom wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
PearlsofWisdom wrote:
So what if he lied?

seriously?

Oh..You mean like Cross party double talks that's good for Bremain, but bad for the country?

no, now you are trying to put words in my mouth which I have not said.

I am surprised that anyone would have a 'so what if he lied' attitude to politics. We should all want as much honesty in politics as possible imo

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 11:51 am

We won't leave without a deal. The establishment already broke British Law to stop that. A new leader with probably be a phony brexiteer like Gove and they will just carry on with May's surrender treaty with a few non adjustments.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 1:08 pm

We wont leave without a deal because the leave campaign was not based on leaving without a deal.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 2:57 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
We wont leave without a deal because the leave campaign was not based on leaving without a deal.

It's because we aren't allowed. We're already signed up to a European Defense Union. It was based on leaving the EU.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 May 2019, 5:57 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
PearlsofWisdom wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
PearlsofWisdom wrote:
So what if he lied?

seriously?

no, now you are trying to put words in my mouth which I have not said.

I am surprised that anyone would have a 'so what if he lied' attitude to politics. We should all want as much honesty in politics as possible imo

Your right there. My jaw aches just listening to all your hype. Whatever parliamentary delegate tone sets the rule for the house, it seems to shatter into a thousand military pieces. Clearly you're waiting for a red seal of approval for a deal that is so far going to be non-existent and doesn't have the publics backing stance.
Once you contemplate there is a grindstone and disposable Tory bench mark to reach, that even some would not dare breach with a barge pole, then maybe you'll remove the silver spoon or steel rod that your out of town initiative could just about contemplate.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 2:21 am

PearlsofWisdom wrote:
Clearly you're waiting for a red seal of approval for a deal that is so far going to be non-existent and doesn't have the publics backing stance

Am I? I wasn't aware that this was what I was waiting for. It seems you are in the business of deciding people's opinions for them.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 4:18 am

Next weeks Peterborough by-election could be very interesting!

61% leave in 2016. Labour held the seat by a very small margin over the Tories last time, Brexit Party have someone standing this time.

Could they get enough to win? could their vote just split the Tories and help Labour win more comfortably? could Libs vote split Labour and do the same to them?

stay tuned to find out folks! :D

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 5:23 am

If the Brexit party actually win a parliamentary seat that would be a new low. Can't wait.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2019, 5:02 pm

It would be a change, if not only parliament had a shared democracy, but also for us, the electorate citizens of our Great Nation to have a say too.
It's an unthinkable burning injustice for not only competitors for the leadership, but for the stranded majority to look back over their shoulder, to 'Save Brexit,' when really all they want to crow about is British Politics.
I am not in favour of any political establishment right now, they have all ruined it. I didn't vote in the last phony election nor in the European one to silence my reserve, if Farage gets a seat then that's good too, so there should be no more balls up.
As for who is going to get favour in backing the loose ends of a deal, I'd give it to D Raab, as at least you can't go far wrong with neutral politics, which includes being an ex solicitor. His fluent expertise should at last present us and them with extensive future plans. If they decide for the time being to D-Day that approach, then at least we as a nation will know once and for all, where our future stands.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2019, 5:22 pm

Biscuitman wrote:

I wasn't aware that this was what I was waiting for. It seems you are in the business of deciding people's opinions for them.

Don't wait for my corrective assurances, when no one can correctly gauge an accurate response to this Looming Tower issue set to draft form our economy for future generations.

It was my post-brexit stance on a further post op analysis, whereby I was imagining triage looked moderately upscaled for what insiders are saying is unused cartilage, no better than the old, not much more recognisable than the new.

My best answer for you is for you need to decide on each personal interpretation for yourself, as well as people's own representation of any political establishment. Most people realise that there are no better deals left to renegotiate, lest we be an even bigger hindrance for the E.U and best to leave with our own heads held up high.
The whipping should stop now. If you can dunk your biscuits into peoples mouths you should also try frying bigger fish.

I can handle the stuffed shirts, but I'd rather 'leave' the quiet burning injustices to true outsiders of the Brexit programme.
At least that way the other countries won't frown at us for-

A) Holding up the Vote, B) Organising another bias vote C) Not having the strength to come out
D)Having the audacity to remain in, clinging to Donald Tusk's ivory like a soon to be, forgotten about jellyfish .

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2019, 5:44 pm

For now, I'm am seeing a new post-brexit modern Raab version of our future draft economy with new open doors.

eilishbillie987
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jun 2019, 1:06 am

it just seems whichever party gains power, uk is not heading anywhere anyways.. whoever comes to power , it's unliked by the other 70% of population .. i think what conservatives want is to bring uk back to its old days..

where ?

after all it starts to look like a medium sized stranded island nation in a world that no longer obeys traditional rules of order.