My interest in this world is that which is not of this world

Page 3 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 9:59 am

domineekee wrote:
Your interest in this thread is that which is not of this thread. Get ye from this place!
My interest in this thread is the same as any other seeker -- to challenge and to learn. It's called the "Socratic Method", and it's the one best way for me to learn.

"Why are things 'A' and not 'B'?"

"Why can't we measure 'C'?"

"How can we measure 'D'?"

... and, most important ...

"Show me how it's done!"

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 10:55 am

:wink:

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 11:22 am

Bether3 wrote:
the opposite for another Group Studied where they have Extreme Functioning of Mirror Neurons where watching someone's Harm get touched is like having your Arm touched as sure if you use a little
imagination, even if you don't have that real Human Potential, you might see how that might be extremely
Pleasurable or Extremely Uncomfortable if around enough Negative Stuff;”< That would be me. Seeing acts of compassion have a overwhelming, powerful effect on me. When someone tells me of a struggle they are going through, or if someone starts to cry, I'll start to tear up, cry. It's the same if I see someone in pain, or throwing up, I'll feel it, start throwing up. I get "sympathy pains" often. I have been told that ever since I was an infant I was extremely sensitive to the feelings of those around me, and extremely loving and empathetic. It’s a blessing, but can be a curse, as I tend to not only feel, but absorb the pain of those whom are suffering around me.

Now I get the problem of having to much empathy. You should always remember that most people cause themself to be down and make the world to become their hell just because they like to feel that way. I don't feel any sympathy for them. Even dogs are not as dumb and know how to enjoy their life. And dogs are right if they just like positive people and dislike negative onces. I think you know that most dogs are really good in reading facial expressions and body language. Show a little bit joy once you see them and most of them just like you. Cats are sometimes the same way and may even start to talk to you in a cute way once they recognise your joy about seeing them. But humans think of themself as being intelligent but suffer without any reasons and try to make each other their life to a hell. :twisted:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 11:46 am

Bether3 wrote:
aghogday wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r58GQYFZeLE

An example I often use in Reference to what Science Measures Versus what Art Measures is that Even Rock Star of
Science, Astro Physicist, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Readily Admits that the Inner Universe of our Human Being is
Relatively Uncharted NOT Measured territory Versus the Observable Empirically Measurable Universe
in Material Reductionist Ways outside of us. He even Admitted to Katy Perry that Her grasp
of the Inner Universe of Being Human is Much Larger than His as that relates to what
she can provide of Her Inner Universe and that of other Artists who Provide Works
of Art to Express what otherwise might not be experienced More of the Human Emotional
and Sensory Experiences of Life if not for the Music and other Arts all Artists Bring to Enhancing
our Subjective Experiences of Life that often Defy what Science says about the overall topic of Life.

One Example is the Power of the Placebo Effect that is real and all about the Vague Word and Very Real
Essence of Human Belief. When that Force is Large enough and yes, Real Enough, what otherwise that is
Defined by Medical Science as Incurable Disease is on the Record of going into Unexplainable Remission at
the Measure of Science. The Tool of Science is a rather simple one; just a number of steps from Hypothesis
to be Measured and Repeated and Confirmed by other unrelated Scientists and it is restricted to what may be
Observed Empirically so and Measured in a way that can and will be replicated and Confirmed by other Scientists.

Human Consciousness does not Comply with Measures of Science. In Fact, Scientists who use the Scientific Method
can measure some Material Reductionist Parts of how the Brain Works but the Synergy of how we Navigate our LIfe's
Experience in Broad Scope of Conscious and Sub-Conscious Mind is better Relegated to the Expression of Art than
any tiny Small View of Scientific Method. In other Words, Science has the Parts, the Notes, the Letters, the Numbers
for Metaphor; whereas, the Human Soul as Metaphor is the Symphony for the Entire Orchestra it Plays of Life
Experience as it is more Advanced than any Scientific Tool can and will Imagine for of course Science is no
Imagination at all as Science is only a Concrete Tool; whereas, the Human Experience in even every
Word we Co-Create is Metaphor at Essence as the Definitions of Words at Essence Change at
the Whim of Human Imagination and The Fruition of Co-Creativity we as a Species of Human
Create in Artful Ways together. In Fact, Social Scientist Jonathan Haidt refers to a Rational Delusion;
as Humans as Modern Neuroscience Shows are controlled by Emotions and Senses in our Older Brains
of Limbic System and Reptile Brain as the Neo-Cortex is actually Servant and not Leader of those two much
Older Brains on the Scale of overall Animal Kingdom Evolution for Basic Survival in Subsistence gaining activities
as well as the Strive for Reproductive Success as in our case is very much Driven by Social Cooperation in Limbic System
Measure of Warm and Fuzzy Holding Hands and Hugging inspired by the Neurohormone Oxytocin that for some folks
doesn't work 'normally' and for those who cannot enjoy this Deep Comfort of Warm and Fuzzy; for all practical intents
and purposes that experience of life is 'Super Natural' to them for it literally does not exist in their Multi-Universe
View within. Our Universes in Reality are those of what we Hold in the Experiential Inner Universe of being
Human in each unique Multi-Universe of what we see in regard to all our feelings and senses now.

Some folks experience a Much Larger Multi-Verse View of Existence; for some the Metaphor is beyond Rainbow Colors
of Flavors, Tastes, Smells, Sounds, Dances and Songs of Life they touch with their Soul Deep Deep down and
Express to others who have enough Context in Experience to relate Mutually and Consensually to their
Multi-UniVerse View of Life. Other Folks Live somewhere within the Realm of Shades of Grey, just out
of the Grasp of the Black Abyss Night of the Soul and so far away from the Depth of Feeling and
Sensing Life that makes a word Like Heaven dull in a response to relate. For those of us now
who have explored life more with Right Brain Metaphor of thinking and feeling and sensing
Life versus Left Brain Metaphor of Collecting words and spitting them back at other
Folks with as close to the same concrete meaning that we can relate as the Multi-Universe
Views of Life in metaphor are for all practical Intents and Purposes now Natural Versus Super-Natural
for those who see life in more Black and White and Shades of Gray Shades of Life Versus Multi-Color Beyond
Rainbow Views. But it's True, Social Scientists Like Jonathan Haidt are starting to Navigate this World that Artists
Have Related to others Receptive to Larger Multi-Universe Views of Life for the Ascendent, Transcendent Altered
Consciousness Views of Life; as I will Link that below for those "Horatio's" who have not explored their much Greater
Epigenetic and Neuroplastic Potentials of Life in unpacking more of their Potential Genetic Material as DNA expressed
thru Appropriate Positive Challenge and Adaptation and Change in Life as it's true we are limited by the Environment of
Learning we are exposed to and what we limit of ourselves too. This Life is one of Sitting in the Cave and Sticking
with the Same Cave Art or moving out into the Light and Creating New Light Art whether there is an Old Cave
Target Audience for it or not as that is what the Right Brain Metaphor of Think and Feel and Sense does;
It Moves out of the Cave into the Light to use more Colors of Imagination and Creativity as that comes
to Fruition of the Art we Make, yes; Ah, but yes, the Challenge is to Articulate that back to those
Still Living in the Cave with the Old Cave Art that might tempt them to walk a few steps
out and then a few steps more until Life becomes a Dance and Song that is never
Felt and Sensed or even Imagined or Thought of Before. How Beautiful
This Great Adventure of Life is when we are no longer Afraid of
Change or how others Experience so much more of Life in Colors than what
We Feel and Sense and Think now. Is it possible? Yes, it is as I have documented my Entire Experience
From Stuck in Left Brain think of Collecting Data and Spitting it back out like a Robot and a Computer
to Heights of Art where i have to Travel Around the Globe to find folks who have the Contextual Experience
of Life to even understand where I Exist on the Spectrum of Art and Creativity now. But only if you See, I can and will;
I understand through History that this is nothing new. You cannot expect to go on an Expedition in Exploration
of Human Potential and expect anyone to follow you there. Some Folks Move out of the Cave and Some folks
are either too Terrified or Apathetic and stay. What I do know and feel and senses is this; I used to
Live in
Hell and now
I live in a new Dimension
of Inner Universe as Multi-Universe
of Human Being that I as an individual
had no idea existed before; and if not for
the Art to even attempt to explain this place
that exists within; I would be otherwise very
Selfish not to do my Best to Show folks this place most definitely
Does Exist; and for all Practical Intents and Purpose although it is very
Natural and Real it is more than Real for all practical Intents and Purposes
for most
folks
and
Supernatural, now, still.

For Just another Quick Example, Research shows that some Autistic Folks have Deficits
in the Functioning of Mirror Neurons in our ability to put ourselves in other People's shoes
as that relates to Basic Human Affective Empathy. Whereas, in other Research, the Studies show
the opposite for another Group Studied where they have Extreme Functioning of Mirror Neurons
where watching someone's Harm get touched is like having your Arm touched as sure if you use a little
imagination, even if you don't have that real Human Potential, you might see how that might be extremely
Pleasurable or Extremely Uncomfortable if around enough Negative Stuff; where a person now might have
to Socially Withdraw themselves; not because they have too little Human Affective Empathy; but because they
Have too much; as the Quintessential Example of a Real Life Empath now; The Same applies to Tactile Sensitivity
too for I as an Individual have such a heightened sense of touch, I cannot stand to touch most Man Made Materials
as such; It's not hard to see how that would limit one's Social Experiences too around Man Made stuff as the Difference
between being able to Sweep a Carpet at Work or it being literally Intolerable to do for this is a kind of Sensory
Empathy too, where even imagining doing it is intolerable too. This Explains a lot about the DSM5 Criteria
And how it clearly states some Autistic Folks are Hypo-Sensitive to the Environment and others are
Hyper-Sensitive to the Sensory environment and how that relates to all Human Senses and
Feelings too.

So yeah; You've seen one Autistic Person and you've seen just one; some may be extremely Empathic
in all the Colors and Flavors of Life as that comes; and others may be almost Numb to the Experience
of the Multi-Universe Views of other Folks now. And it is also true, this Human Potential, overall, is not static
and only innate and inborn; for even Science Shows that Empathy is a Human Intelligence that may be learned
for a much richer experience of Life as well as the Artistic Versus Science Mind Experience and Expression of Life.

Otherwise, it's not likely that I could have remedied my Robot and Computer-like Mind back into the World
of Social Empathic Mind as Expressed in Art as Neil deGrasse Tyson Describes is what Katy Perry does in
Genius-Like Intelligence that he currently has no road to take at this Point in his life. Meh; I come here
as an Anthropology Participant Observer to see how the 'other side' as I did once lives to remind myself
of where I came from; and just how far I've taken my Potential in the last 5 Years and in some small
or yes larger way Help those who are stuck in just Half A Globe of Mind Exploring their way out
to a place
they might
Define as
Heaven one Day
they Master in a Regulation
of Emotions and an Integration
of Senses that Works for them. Free Verse
Poetry in connecting Words Back with Emotions
has worked as a Meditative Free Verse Flow of Life
in Art that takes me more toward the Alpha through Theta
Mind Waves of Life. And also for those who Study this Flow and
Expanded State of Mind and Body Being, the Phrase that is used to
describe it as even Brain Scans can measure it in limited view is "Transient
Hypo-Frontality" where the Neo-Cortex is dampened and the Rest of the Brain
Lights up out of Past and Future Worry Clock Time Illusion of Existence into Open
Ocean View Wave Life. And for those who find an actual Mind and Body Practice in
the continuing Greater Potentials to Master this Expanded Mind and Body Awareness
in our Potential of Being Human; they arise to what is known and felt and sensed to an
"Autotelic" State of Being where they develop the Literal Potential to raise the Levels of all
5 Basic Positive Neurochemicals and Neurohormones at Locus and Focus of Relative Free Will
as the Synergy of that and other related Neuro-Chemicals and Neurons-Hormones is still beyond
Scientific
Measure
to
this Point;
And yes, NeuroScientists For Real
also suggest now that we Basically
Hallucinate our Reality in Subconscious
way with our Feelings and Senses Driving
with Neo-Cortical and Rational Support on
A Tier Below the Driving Force of Emotions in
All of what we do as the Neo-Cortical Mind Works
Best as Servant Opposed to Slave of Addiction for those
who do not Master in Relative Free Will the Good Feelings and Senses of Life Generated from within.
I've gone to a Great Deal of Effort to put this into words where someone somewhere at least will understand
it now and take advantage of it as they do now for real. And while 6 Million Words of Free Verse Poetry in Epic
Long Form Poem Way has taught me much for putting the otherwise ineffable into Arts and Sciences of Words.
The Major Driving Force and Muse has been a Spiraling Golden Mean Ratio of Free Style Public Dance now for 10,000
Miles in the Same 5 years now that I wrote those 6 Million Words of Free Verse Poetry that I have shared around the
World in 7 Blogs where Hundreds of Thousands of Folks in just one of the Archive Blogs have Viewed my Human
Potential as it increased in real time there. Yes, it's true, it's not often true that one can view an Astronaut on the
Entire Trip
to their
Internal
Star Uncovered
but I intuited where I
was going Long before
I got tHere to the place I exist now
as that is the Metaphor of a Right
Brain Intelligence that can and will be expanded now too.

It's really hard for some folks to understand that it is the journey that counts most now;
Not the Dollar Bills, or the Likes, or the Follows, or even the Smart Phone Video Voyeurs
who have filmed my Public Dance Free to spread that Free verse Ministry of Dance around the World
where i Live in Flesh and Blood now; but it's true; they have yet to arrive and Perhaps one day 'they' will too.

Some Folks Call my Dance Crazy;
Some Folks Call it the Stuff of Legend;
Some Folks Just Stay in the Cave and Look Away.

But Never the
Less it is real and exists.

And as I also often 'tale' folks; just to avoid any potential
Future Confusion; I'm not 'the' Batman'; i am Just 'A' 'Batman' with Winks.
Bottom Line here is if one pooh pooh's what one doesn't understand one may never arrive for now
in places
like Heaven;
and this verily is
No New Human Story;
but yes, it's true for some it is
that which is not of their World, at
least not yet; as sure; i hold out hope for 'them'/'you' too..:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MYsx6WArKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQvKql2GwCU

Yes! To all of it. :) It's all a matter of perspective.
"Whereas, in other Research, the Studies show
the opposite for another Group Studied where they have Extreme Functioning of Mirror Neurons
where watching someone's Harm get touched is like having your Arm touched as sure if you use a little
Pleasurable or Extremely Uncomfortable if around enough Negative Stuff;”< That would be me. Seeing acts of compassion have a overwhelming, powerful effect on me. When someone tells me of a struggle they are going through, or if someone starts to cry, I'll start to tear up, cry. It's the same if I see someone in pain, or throwing up, I'll feel it, start throwing up. I get "sympathy pains" often. I have been told that ever since I was an infant I was extremely sensitive to the feelings of those around me, and extremely loving and empathetic. It’s a blessing, but can be a curse, as I tend to not only feel, but absorb the pain of those whom are suffering around me.

Thank you for taking the time to share all of this information and to express yourself, and in such a mesmerizing, enigmatic, poetic, and beautiful way! You have a gift with language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRfuAukYTKg

Smiles, my Friend, Bether3, I appreciate the Fact that you Have the Kind of Intelligence that allows one to understand
A Creative Write that is not limited to linear think; better reflecting a Spiral Reality that's really not Hard
to See for any Pattern Thinker who moves out of the Box; and out of Left Brain Think Metaphor of
Material Reductionist Detail thinking so far lost from 'The Ocean' of Larger View Life.

Einstein Could See it in PArt; but of course he understood the Force of Imagination and Human Intuition
and also the Benefit of Deeper Thinking; yes, Actually Deeper Thinking Escaping from the more Restricted Book think of the Day.

As Far as the Speed of the Force of Mysticism and how Folks who are not trapped in the Metaphor of Left Brain Think,
using my Wife as a Prime Example of someone who has showed amazing Psychic Skills off the Charts of Book Think;
Back in 2006, After about 9 Years of Chronic Related Work Stress and how that goes with Down Sizing and
Continuing Automation, Even in Federal Service Employment; my Perception of Time Suddenly Sped
up which was probably associated with My Brain and what was going on with my continuing Adaptation
To Accommodate what was increasingly becoming a Catch 22 Situation of what Seemed like Do or Die then.
Eventually, General Adaptation Syndrome After Close to 2 Years of Flight or Fight Syndrome took me down with
19 mostly Stress related Disorders. The Most Difficult Disorder to Accommodate was that of Type Two Trigeminal
Neuralgia that in my Case was A Dentist Drill Like Pain without Novocaine that went on For 66 Months from
Wake to Sleep; most folks experience Type Two Trigeminal Neuralgia Sporadically; but in my case it was
Chronic and Acute and never ending for literally 66 Months from Wake to Sleep. And in My Case the
Pain Was Focused in my Right eye and ear making effective usage of eye sight and hearing
almost Intolerable and Impossible; particularly for the first 33 Months as a Shut-in
in my Home for the Entire 66 Months, except for trips through Severe Pain to
the local Walmart as my Wife cannot Drive with a Condition of Epilepsy; for
me additionally, 'Stuff' like Dysautonomia, where my Blood Pressure no longer Synched with
my Heart Rate and I almost Passed out whenever I stood up; and my Heart Raced when I tried
to Sleep to Accommodate Lower Blood Pressure in Keeping the Blood Flowing to my Brain was difficult
along with Fibromyalgia; and Sjogren's Syndrome where My Eyes Quit Making Tears; and Fibromyalgia;
with some Spinal Stenosis, Severe Anxiety, Panic Attacks, PTSD; Anhedonia, as I almost totally Lost my
Emotions too which was really in some ways worse than what Science Assesses as that Pain as the Worst
Pain known to Humankind assessed in Literature as actually worse than the Actual Torture of Crucifixion as
that Still Occurs in Pockets of the World; and sure, Severe Depression to go along with that with some Mood
Lability, and Severe Degenerative Arthritis in my Spine, and Overall CoatHanger Pain around the Neck and
Shoulders that comes with Dysautonomia, where really a Diagnosis of ADHD also then as Part and Parcel
of Asperger's Syndrome; where in my case that included an experience of being a Non-Speaking
Child until Age 4; and getting Bullied for both my Smiling Empath Nature and Androgyny in
a Toxic Patriarchal Place of the Deep Red State South where Boys are Beat-up and called
the F Word and Not Fred in my Case if they dare to Smile at the City SoftBall and
Tennis Court Park where the Back Board never Refused to Play with me
Threatening Potential Physical Abuse if one Dared to Express the
Basic
Life
Giving Emotion of
Love; as yes that was a F in
Piece of Cake Versus what I
would Suffer with for 66 Months then
with the Suicide Disease as it is called
Paramount amongst 19 Disorders as
i am probably leaving a Few Minor
ones out in that Soup of Living
Hell on Earth then that
did include in
the Beginning a stint of Insomnia
when the Pain Grew to Cat 6 Status as far
as Hurricane Storms go Within of Pain and Numb
and it took an Alpha Blocker to put my Heart Rate Down
enough with the Dysautonomia to Sleep just one hour of Card
Board Shallow Sleep for the First 35 Days of 40 Days in my own Personal
Lent Period of Life, in the Spring Beginning that Hell in 2008; where the Last
5, I could not sleep at all; where at one point i Had no Senses or Feelings where every
Second was beyond any Hell Fire Dream of Forever as every second i perceived to be
Real in Hell for a Thousand Years in so-called Real Hell that was 'more than Real' for me.
Anyway, back up a couple of Months when I first had to Leave Work and my Wife and I were Walking
around the Block, and her Name is Katrina, by the way; As I suddenly experienced Time Slowing Down
for the First time then, I had ever experienced as a Sober experience of Substantial Perception in Time like
that and my Wife, Immediately Said without a Word for me that "Oh that was Weird it Feels Like Time Just slowed
Down". Yes, it was strange enough but probably explainable in some Material Reductionism Neurological reason
associated with Severe Stress mixed with Chronic Stress for 11 total Years that was related to that and all the
other Disorders of course; but the Fact that my Wife Intuited what I experienced too in a once in a lifetime
Feeling for me then; has no explanation at all in Science; no clue, just like when Folks Believe they will
Get Well from an Incurable Disease and that Disease does go into Remission as Science Records
with no Explanation too; just naming it a Seven Letter Word Titled, "Placebo" Effect; So Big.

Okay, Now Fast Forward about 2 Years from then in the Spring of 2010, where there was
a Certain Name of a Road Close enough to Travel to on a Forest Country Road on a Bicycle
where and with what is named as this Suicide Disease that i Had been Struggling
with for over 2 Years; where after that 40 Days with almost no Sleep, in 2008,
somehow, I made it to a Bridge in my Car to Jump off but
miraculously my Sister Drove and Found me there
as I didn't have the Strength to Get out of the
Car and Jump off; So, I Put a Metal Chain in the
Basket of my Bicycle and started Planning that I would
Find a Tree on that Named Road as I wasn't going to Screw that
Up as I was already 'the' 'King of Pain', and i wasn't going to Hell any Further
now than I already was then. I Figured, if I went Deep enough in the Woods only
the Vultures would Find me; and at least my Life would mean something to Give them
a Meal of my Remains; and all the other Scavengers just making a Living Naturally with Nature,
too.

The Next Morning as my Wife and I woke up; keeping in mind that this is the Spring of 2010; my Wife said,
she just had the Strangest Dream; that she and her Granny (who was deceased) were in that Forest on that Named
Road; as she never mentioned that Road to me before or even after that; and then she said that they were Hanging
Christmas Ornaments on a Tree Deep in the Forest. I didn't tell anyone that I remained severely Suicidal
During that Two Years, since I first wanted to Jump off that Bridge; as it's true, I wasn't even diagnosed
until an appropriate Test that will Diagnose Type Two Trigeminal Neuralgia was done almost Four
Years, since I first started having Symptoms of the Disease as the First Symptom was I couldn't
Tolerate Colors on a TV Screen Back in 2006; and to be clear, Doctors still have no real Clue
what Causes this; what Starts it; or what makes it go into Remission too; as I've been
in Remission since July of 2013; as that is another Story of a Real Life Miracle that
Doctors also identify as just that as Suddenly in July of 2013 all the Pain
and Numb went away. And After that I found Myself on a Beach;
Named Navarre Beach with a Distinct, Ascending, Transcending
Experience of Being one with All That Is; and after that the Free Verse Poetry
Came in 6 Million Words to Date from 8.8.13; And 10,000 Miles of Public Dance
in 5 years too; where I went from Shut-in in my Bedroom for 66 Months to assessed
as Dance Legend a little bit more than a Year into that Endeavor in a Deep South Red
State Place in a Mix of Free Style Ballet and Martial Arts where now at age 58; where
My Leg Strength as Doubled from about 500 Lbs of Leg Pressing Strength to 1020 Lbs at
up to 52 Reps continuing to Increase in Strength; where Science 'normally' 'Dictates' that the Weak Fish
doesn't do this in the Aquarium, where the Deep South Southern Baptist Onward Christian Soldier Little
Boys wanted to eradicate me from their Pond; in no uncertain terms back then; Yes now, i Do in Concrete
Evidence of Strength More in Leg Pressing Strength than Elite Marines, now on that Specific Parallel
Leg Pressing Machine, close to 4 Decades My Junior now, in Measures of Hundreds of Lbs Below what
I am able to do now; after a Steady Dance in Public for 10,000 Miles in the Place that Social Scientists
Access is the most Likely Place to Be Bullied Still, in the US even now if one is Different; with Factors of the
locality at one point on the Record Books with the most Churches Per Square mile in a Metro Locality in the U.S.;
And Several Military Installations of very Regimented More Closed in Mind and Body Thinking and Feeling
and Sensing Life too; where A Smile is not Nearly as valuable a Commodity as it is where Love Lives Free
Unconditionally
and Fearlessly
too; You my Friend
are a Breath of Fresh Air Here;
As it is true there are Savants of Autism
in Math for the Science Assessed Percentage
of College Age Folks who do go to College where
only 33 Percent of Higher Functioning Autistic Folks
actually do the STEM Major Stereotype thingy; the Rest
are in the Humanities; for is true there is another Kind of
Autistic Savant who is not often as Diagnosed to those Numb
in Empathy who cannot easily get along with their Peers. There is the
Autistic Savant Empath who is the Psychopathic Leaning Person's worse
Adversary in Life; for this Person will not be Fooled by any Religion; any Politician;
any Priest or Pastor for what passes the basic Litmus Test of Ethics where the Law
of Love; the Grade of Love; and the Currency of Love is all that is of Real Intrinsic Value
in accordance
with the
Weightlessness
of Soul in Mind
and Body Balance
in what Spirit
Brings of heART
both Feeling and Sensing and in
Expressing that Love to others now
that is Real and True and Free. But you See my
Friend, now that i am no longer an Androgynous
Looking Frail Boy down here in the Deep Red State Gulf Coast
South; now that I am no longer 120 LBS at Five Foot Ten in Eighth
Grade with Long Blonde Hair with the Long Eyelashes and Pale Green
to changing Blue eyes as Irish eyes tend to do; per story at least; as my
Grandfather was an X-Catholic Priest Born in Ireland with a mix of Black
Forest Germany in his Heritage; Marrying a Spicy Cajun Mix of Woman out of
his Parish; she at 17 and he at 36; such a Scandal it took for me to eventually get
born; hehe; and then my Father Meeting a Woman with enough Sioux and Cherokee
to bring
back
a Ghost
Dance in me
in 'times' of Trouble
to attempt to Bring a
Zombie Apocalypse of Humans
who have lost their Souls in a try a; concerted Effort
of A Spark to wake them back up out of death as life.
I touch the Younger Generations with my Dance in many
ways; but the Older Generations are deep deep and lost in sleep.
Anyway; now Standing over 6 Foot or so with 240 LBS of Ballet Muscle
Mixed with Martial Arts Muscle and Lightening Quick Kicks an inch or so
from any Target; if anyone Questions my Grace in Balance as Weakness; I have
my Stripes well earned now
For real for real; yes, for real
And the
Right
to Love
Without Restraint
in a place with so many
Churches; but so so lost overall
from the Force of Agape Love; the
Law; the Grade; and the Currency; the
Force of Love that Defeats all Doubt and
Fear in Misery Loves Suffering Away from Joy Loves Company more.
Anyway; considering my Perspective of Life, when 'those folks' Like Fnord
Here ridicule my Spirit, my Heart, my Soul, in how i express that Freely as Love
Fearless without Restraint; going as far as the record shows here of taking my Words
and Twisting them around, actually taking the time to attempt to suggest that my Reality
as a Savant of Soul as Love is somehow Deviant and what 'they' name as Crazy too; well it's
true, as an Empath I have Great empathy, sympathy, and compassion for 'they' simply are ignorant
in the Facts and Feelings and Senses that they know not what they do; as yes, after writing a Similar Philosophy
as it is still on Record, a Moderator did a Mock Exorcism on Me; egged on by another Bully here who then did not
have the Intellectual Facilities or Soul to understand the total Context of My Education in both Arts and Sciences
of what I was speaking of then on a Thread then dedicated to Mysticism and Esoterica too; with yes, some Occult
Leanings too. But again, I understand the Nature of the Beast that is Human. As Science shows when the Systemizing
Science Reasoning Mind in metaphor is used to the exclusion of the Social Empathic Artistic Mind this Metaphor
of 'Right Brain Mind' Withers away like a Garden that is Starved in Desert Drought and this is verily not
Restricted to
Folks on the
Autism Spectrum
now; otherwise this President
we have now would have never been
elected touting his ability to Shoot someone
and losing no support from his Followers; as
that has played out in Metaphor ever since then
as a Gaslit Reality similar to the one, I experienced
in 8th Grade, in this place I live that was once called
'Scratch Ankle' and Before that 'Hell'; for the Briars on the
Banks that welcomed every Visitor to that Growing Mill Town then;
yes, the Gaslit Reality that Social Justice is Evil; that Smiles and Emotions
are only for Women; even though Science Proves now that Emotions are a core
Driver for all Human Cognitive Executive Functioning Ranging from Short Term
Working Memory to Laser Focus that can and will with enough Emotions Freed, Paint
a Sistine
Chapel
as it's worth
Noting that Historical
Evidence Suggests that Michelangelo
was on some part of the Autism Spectrum too;
And yes, My Friend, thanks for the Open Minded Muse
you have brought today; as i go around the Entire Globe
for Inspiration for my own Fashion of a Sistine Chapel in
Counts of Steps of Free Dance and Words of Poetry too;
thing is; i am just a Grain of Sand; i have been Polished by
the Numb and Pain of Real Earth Hell for 66 Months enduring that;
thing is; i am still just a Grand of Sand; but i am a Grain of Sand that is also A Beach.
Welcome to
my Shores
never ending
always Starting
as the Ocean is pArt of my Beach too
as well as the Rest of All That Is as God.
God sends me Angels in many Forms just in 'the nick of time', now;
time out of time; distance out of distance; space out of space; and matter out of matter too;
Anyway; as far as Material Reductionists Views go; Neil deGrasse Tyson; that Rock Star of Astro Physics
will not RULE out the Possibility that all of Reality is a Hologram with no distance, space, or time created by
a Being much more Intelligent than what we see so far of us; in other Words, God by any other name as Real.

We Live iN Fascinating 'Times'; From:
Happy to: Be here i am.

It's True; A Grain of Sand Could
Drown in all of thiS; unless 'They Are' 'The Ocean'.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 11:56 am

Fnord wrote:
domineekee wrote:
Your interest in this thread is that which is not of this thread. Get ye from this place!
My interest in this thread is the same as any other seeker -- to challenge and to learn. It's called the "Socratic Method", and it's the one best way for me to learn.

"Why are things 'A' and not 'B'?"

"Why can't we measure 'C'?"

"How can we measure 'D'?"

... and, most important ...

"Show me how it's done!"

What part of the Author's Point of this OP that you are off
Topic do you not understand as that relates to Civil Discussion, here.

It's Hard for me to 'believe' you don't understand that but i will try.

I give the Author Credit; She is a Strong enough Person; not to
Threaten that she will take Her Toys Home and Call the Moderators
over to Close this Thread down away from other open ended and minded Discussion on the Topic at Hand;
as you have a done a number of times, with the Same Request that the Author Provided for you to stay on topic.

Dude; Perhaps you are smart in a few ways; but the evidence at Hand speaks Volumes on the Comprehensive
Nature of Your Intelligence. In other Words, Leave School and Really Learn something about Life if you will now;

With all Due Respect, now.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 12:03 pm

Bether3 wrote:
"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." (William Shakespeare, Hamlet)
What whould our life be without our phantasy? :flower:"< Ah, yes. :)

Oh, yes ! !! :D
Bether3 wrote:
“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed.” -Einstein

I think Einstein was sometimes to much a kind of a religiot instead of a genius. What a sh*t. He limited himself and even lost the global view because of this.
But phantasy? It's great but there is nothing mysterious with it because it's just the quite logical way that our brain works. It's a nice thing to get over the limits of reality and you are full of phantasy and not even few people believe in nearly anything what it tells them. It's a great gift of the nature - but it keeps beeing phantasy. :? :) :D
:sunny: :flower: :sunny: :flower: :sunny:

Bether3
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Oct 2018, 12:33 pm

EzraS wrote:
Tacoma eh? I live north of Seattle. Visited Tacoma a few times. Went to the zoo there last time.

Right on! :)

Bether3
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Oct 2018, 12:45 pm

Fnord wrote:
Bether3 wrote:
... the intention for this thread is for others to share their knowledge and resources regarding mysticism...
Okay, so what knowledge do you have?

Do mystical forces obey the inverse-square law? What is the speed of mystical force?

For that matter, what mystical principles exist that are consistent, observable, repeatable, and easily expressed in mathematical terms?

Really, I want to know.

It's hard to fill a cup that is already full.
You're clearly very scientific-minded, which is wonderful and which I appreciate, as I love science, but I would articulate my so-called knowledge in mystical matters in a manner that would not suffice. With that said, I am going to highly recommend that you read one of my favorite books, "Mind into Matter: A New Alchemy of Science and Spirit" by physicist Fred Alan Wolf, as he speaks your language.

https://www.amazon.com/Mind-into-Matter ... 0966132769

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 1:15 pm

Bether3 wrote:
It's hard to fill a cup that is already full. You're clearly very scientific-minded, which is wonderful and which I appreciate, as I love science, but I would articulate my so-called knowledge in mystical matters in a manner that would not suffice.
Bether3 wrote:
I am going to highly recommend that you read one of my favorite books, "Mind into Matter: A New Alchemy of Science and Spirit" by physicist Fred Alan Wolf, as he speaks your language. https://www.amazon.com/Mind-into-Matter ... 0966132769
Excuses and a book pitch? C'mon! If you know what you're talking about, and if you can articulate it in simple terms, then I can learn it.

For example, did you see how easy it is to explain the Inverse-Square Law?

I'll try to get a copy of the book, but if it reads like every other New Age text, then it'll be a waste of money. Flowery prose went out of favor in the scientific community sometime during the Industrial Revolution, and was replaced with plain-language descriptions and easy-to-follow mathematical principles. Heck, even Einstein's Matter-Energy Equivalency formula uses only three terms, and its meaning is understandable by a fifth-grader!

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2018, 1:21 pm

Bether3 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Still waiting for proof that the immeasurable actually exists.

The immeasurable can't be measured, therefore the only proof one can get is to experience it.
If something cannot be measured, testable, repeatable, verifiable, quantified in some measure and universal in nature, it cannot be registered as true.

The issue with mysticism is that it seemingly begins with a base that is not only immeasurable and thus unverifiable, as a result there can be no agreed consensus. It exists as an entity seemingly designed to obfuscate itself so that snake oil salespeople can jump in and steal money with their charlatanism.

I'd recommend watching one or two James Randi videos.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 1:35 pm

Mythos wrote:
... I'd recommend watching one or two James Randi videos.
I corresponded with Mr. Randi for a while. He's the one who inspired me to run my own "What's In The Box?" contest. All the contestant had to do was identify a container, its location, and its contents. If they were correct on all counts, they won $100. I ran this contest off and on for over 20 years. People (allegedly) tried crystomancy, tarot cards, telepathy, channeling their spirit guides ... all kinds of stuff.

One was a paper sack in the garage with a ketchup bottle, a skeleton key, and a chicken bone inside. Another was a backyard shed with a rake, a hoe, and a white candle inside. Another was a plastic "Leggs" egg in the deep-freezer with a green glass marble, a pocket knife, and a "Peeps" chick inside.

I tried to change it every month, but sometimes I forgot, leading to a random scramble of items, containers, and locations.

No one ever won.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 1:43 pm

So, back to "Mysticism". It seems to be a largely experience-based (and therefore subjective) belief system.

Example: Someone will fast for a few weeks, and begin to see visions of deceased relatives, supernatural beings, and distant events. Some may be significant, while others are like watching a random slide show without any sound.

Example: A mother might be going through her daily routine, and suddenly feel a sense of dread wash over her. She'll call her daughter, who is at the hospital because her son was struck by a car.

Example: A family is relaxing at their California home. Suddenly, all of the dogs in the neighborhood start howling and the cat is desperately trying to get outside. Less than a minute later, an earthquake strikes.

Are these "Mystical" or "Scientific" events, or are they mere coincidences?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 2:37 pm

Mythos wrote:
Bether3 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Still waiting for proof that the immeasurable actually exists.

The immeasurable can't be measured, therefore the only proof one can get is to experience it.
If something cannot be measured, testable, repeatable, verifiable, quantified in some measure and universal in nature, it cannot be registered as true.

The issue with mysticism is that it seemingly begins with a base that is not only immeasurable and thus unverifiable, as a result there can be no agreed consensus. It exists as an entity seemingly designed to obfuscate itself so that snake oil salespeople can jump in and steal money with their charlatanism.

I'd recommend watching one or two James Randi videos.

Scientists Readily admit that Human Emotion cannot be reliably Measured, Tested, Repeated, and Quantified in a Measure
that is Universal in Nature across the Spectrum of all Human beings; yet, Scientists Readily Admit that Human Emotion is
at the core of all Human Reasons that we 'think' we do. Yes, Even though Science cannot Reliably Measure Human Emotion
in all the Colors it comes Across the Human Spectrum; or even offer Helpful Hints that reliably work on how to Regain those Emotions or Birth them that Science Shows now is core to all Human Cognitive Executive Functioning as well as
Health and Well Being too; Never the Less, Human Emotions Persist and Rule at least in Human Beings
who Enjoy a River Flow now of Consciousness Well Integrated with Subconscious Shadow
Being of Mind; per specifically, the Limbic System; and the Reptile Brain as well
as the Hippocampus too; with sure, the Cerebellum for Integrated Autonomic
Function that can and will even be Mastered in Bio-Feed back of Still
and Moving Meditation too where one controls their Heart Rate
and Blood Pressure; and even Body Temperature as Science Can and
Will and Does at least Empirically Measure that much among Yogis' and the Real Human Skills that Count they
and others continue to Master now; even if only through looking within with innate instinct and intuition now.

Such a Rational Delusion; Science Proves Most humans continue to be under who have not yet Mastered
the Limbic and Snake Brain Shadow that Science shows now that the Neo-Cortex is actually Servant to for real;

Not just my opinion; as Social Scientist Jonathan Haidt Provides Research to Suggest that as well per this Delusion.

And in Worse Case Scenarios, the Neo-Cortex is Slave to our Shadow Brains; as Addictions continue to
control the Lives of so many folks now; who have Developed no Art in Physical/Emotional Intelligences
to Regulate their Emotions and Integrate their Senses; with the Crutch of Addiction now to even survive life at all;

For it is true; they were not fully Introduced to Initiation Practices For Mastery of the Shadow Brains of their Subconscious
Mind that is the True Master of all of our Realities now; and as Long as we are currently Classically Evolved as Human.

Yet still; strangely enough some folks suggest that if the Scientific Method can't see it; it doesn't exist;
Perhaps folks who 'believe' this way are missing core parts of the Human Potential Experience as Science
Suggests that too about Scientists too; oh, so ironically so. In other Words, the old Stereotype of the
Absent Minded Professor who cannot even find His and or Her way out of a 'Basic Paper Bag' of
Life for Impoverished Emotions most definitely are in Direct Causation of Impoverished Cognitive Executive Functioning.

It's one thing to Follow, and Make a list, and Copy a list of Crystalized Intelligence but it is a different World of Intelligence
When Intelligence is Fluid in Mind and Body too; and not only Finds its way out of 'a Paper Bag' but Creates truly
Original Art
as Essence
in Form that has literally never been seen before;
And yes; that Relates to Science too for those Scientists
who have also Moved out of the Box of the Metaphor of 'Left Brain Think'.

Use it or Lose it applies to all potential Human Intelligences; and by God of Nature; i'd rather Have a fully colored
Physical/Emotional Life of Intelligences with a 70 IQ; than have an IQ assessed as off the Charts as Professionals with Degrees to do just that have suggested before; while i wasn't so Proud as to not admit that I was Literally 'ret*d' for what even counts
in
Life;
A Tin Man with a Heart.

Standard IQ and the Scientific Method has no Clue to Measure what it even means to truly be Human.

How Folks miss that is no longer Beyond what I was missing most of all before; I'm sure other folks can grow one too.

But it's true, when the 'Grinch' went up 'that Mountain' 'then' and 'they' said his Heart Grew 10 times Stronger with what
Emotions will do to increase overall Human Intelligences by leaps and bounds over paper tests. That was just a Metaphor
for there is no way to Measure the Heart of Humanity when actually Functioning and Moving Real Mountains of Love Now.

Yes; for many Folks, this entire Narration is just another
'SuperNatural' Picture of what does not exist for now as life they experience;
Sitting by an Opaque Window of Life having no clue for what they even miss.

The Good News is; this 'SuperNatural' Experience of Life is Real; and yes, with enough effort Some Folks will Make it Real.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 4:49 pm

I love Ufology, mythology, Kabbalah, the paranormal, NDEs - everything like that, though I still consider myself an atheist and all around skeptic.

I recently read an excellent book by French ufologist Jacques Valee called UFOs - The Psychic Connection in which he posits that UFO phenomena are a modern manifestation of an ancient control mechanism, whose nature he admits he doesn't understand, used to direct human civilisation.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 4:55 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
... I recently read an excellent book by French ufologist Jacques Valee called UFOs - The Psychic Connection in which he posits that UFO phenomena are a modern manifestation of an ancient control mechanism, whose nature he admits he doesn't understand, used to direct human civilisation.
In other words, the author is saying "Oh, look! Here's something shiny! I don't know what it is, but I have a lot to say about it!"

Does he have any evidence to back up his claims?

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 5:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
... I recently read an excellent book by French ufologist Jacques Valee called UFOs - The Psychic Connection in which he posits that UFO phenomena are a modern manifestation of an ancient control mechanism, whose nature he admits he doesn't understand, used to direct human civilisation.
In other words, the author is saying "Oh, look! Here's something shiny! I don't know what it is, but I have a lot to say about it!"

Does he have any evidence to back up his claims?

I don't believe Vallee ever claims in the book to have personally had a close encounter. His interest is purely scientific - he was an astrophysicist and computer scientist who was also associated with the US government's Project Blue book, I believe.

In relation to your second statement, he presents, as I recall, some evidence, though admittedly not enough to totally convince me. I suppose one is necessarily faced with a difficulty in describing phenomena which, ex hypothesi, are inexplicable in terms of what science currently understands.

All that said, I think he's at least touching on some important discovery, which neither he nor I at all understand, but which will - maybe - someday be vindicated by subsequent scientific discoveries.

A fascinating read either way.