Page 3 of 8 [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 4:59 pm

Here's another young lady coming to discuss abortion. I am personally pro-life, but I think abortion is okay when the fetus is not developed enough to be considered "alive" yet. I often think about what would happen if a prenatal test for autism did become developed: there would be lots of aborted autistic fetuses. In that case, I would be pro-life because an autistic life is worth just as much as an allistic life. In cases where the baby would not live long due to an inherited condition or disease, I would consider abortion acceptable.

Sometimes I wonder whether abortions would be okay for rape or incest. If I was raped, I would remember the physical pain I was in during the actual rape. Would I really want to go through more pain so that I don't have to give birth later? Giving birth sounds painful enough, but most women receive an epidural anesthetic to make childbirth virtually painless. As for an abortion, you typically get nothing more than a local anesthetic in your cervix, making the procedure very painful.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 5:08 pm

The baby conceived through rape is innocent.

I’m still pro-choice—but I believe this should be kept in mind.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 5:11 pm

I am an adoption advocate and I adore someone adopted, so it's hard for me to weigh in about abortion. Ultimately, it has to be the woman's choice though, regardless of the peripherals.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 5:13 pm

Yep. Adoption IS a better option than abortion.

The world sucks—but many people don’t suck.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 6:12 pm

The general consensus among conservatives is that abortion is ok in cases of rape and incest.

I think Roe vs Wade is ironclad. If it can survive Scalia, it can survive Kavanaugh.

That said, I think we need to stop saying pro-life and pro-choice, and simply say pro- or anti-abortion. Too many people not living up to their labels.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2018, 6:26 pm

I don’t believe anybody is “pro-abortion.”

Pro-Choice is better.

Abortion is not something I really like. It’s a necessary evil sometimes.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 12:59 pm

The only way I'd get pregnant is if I was raped. If I get raped, and I get pregnant, I'm getting an abortion.

No one has the right to use my body to make a baby against my will. I do not want to give birth, and I do not want to be pregnant. I have a right not to be pregnant.

No one has ever presented me with an argument to change my mind.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 1:35 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
The only way I'd get pregnant is if I was raped. If I get raped, and I get pregnant, I'm getting an abortion. No one has the right to use my body to make a baby against my will. I do not want to give birth, and I do not want to be pregnant. I have a right not to be pregnant. No one has ever presented me with an argument to change my mind.

:wtg: :salut:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 11:46 am

I disagree with abortion in every circumstance. Life is a gift and every life is precious. I feel that everyone who's conceived should enjoy the privilege of experiencing the wonders of life, whether they have a disability or not, whether they're a rape baby or not, whether they were conceived out of wedlock or not, whether they're planned or not and whether they're male or female.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 11:50 am

I also like titles such as Pro-Life and Pro-Choice. I'm not Anti-Abortion, I'm Pro-Life and this is my Pro-Life baby.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 1:38 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:

You can't say I didn't try. You know you never did answer my hypothetical the last time...

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 2:59 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
The only way I'd get pregnant is if I was raped. If I get raped, and I get pregnant, I'm getting an abortion.

No one has the right to use my body to make a baby against my will. I do not want to give birth, and I do not want to be pregnant. I have a right not to be pregnant.

I desperately want a child.

If that happened I would quite willingly offer to adopt.

If that is something you are unwilling than I would be sick. To waste something so wonderful, that for years has caused me pain just to see others with children because I have none.To have that in your hand and crush it, throw it away and laugh in the face of those who have yearned for it, or have lost children of their own is sick.

A rape is the worst crime possible against humanity. Punish the one responsible and allow the one conceived, not of their own choice, through rape, to live on.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Lil_miss_lois
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2018, 3:42 pm

I don't agree.
I dont believe they can't feel. I have degree in biology, we studied neurological development, I can't remember the exact dates but foetusus develop hearing and pain remarkably early.
I don't believe we can choose to end some one else's life. I don't care how the baby was conceived, the baby never chose to be conceived that way.
I don't think a child belongs to the mother, I dont think parents should be able to control any aspect of their child's medical scenario, forcing treatment, refusing treatment ect.
I don't believe a woman should be able to end a life just because she doesn't want to to support it. By the same standard surely a man could force abortion because he doesn't want to support the child?
It's not the woman's body, it's the babies body.

I also believe in allowing a person to choose to end their own life even if that requires aid. It's their life, their decision. A foetus cannot tell us their decision, so we must assume they have the natural desire to survive as all living things do.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 11:41 am

Arganger wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

If that is something you are unwilling than I would be sick. To waste something so wonderful, that for years has caused me pain just to see others with children because I have none.To have that in your hand and crush it, throw it away and laugh in the face of those who have yearned for it, or have lost children of their own is sick.

A rape is the worst crime possible against humanity. Punish the one responsible and allow the one conceived, not of their own choice, through rape, to live on.

No.

I don't want to be pregnant, and I refuse to be. No one has the right to use my body to make a baby against my will.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 11:48 am

If we allowed unconditional euthanasia, I'd bet they'll be many people under 21 who will not be with us any more. Quite a waste, indeed.....

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 12:03 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Arganger wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

No.

I don't want to be pregnant, and I refuse to be. No one has the right to use my body to make a baby against my will.

No one does have the right to make a baby in you against your will, but after that baby is already there you don't (More accurately shouldn't) have the right to kill it. Because the child already exists, and is not the one at fault.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia