Page 8 of 12 [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 3:19 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Because you're suggesting that immigrants can't possibly ever actually be a part of the culture they've chosen to join. I'm not sure if you're playing dumb or if you really don't comprehend the words you post. :|

Further, who said anything about invasion? Just because you chose to use certain terms for rhetorical effect doesn't mean that they're actually a reason description of what's actually occurring. Repeating these terms over and over and complaining that others won't adopt them is just the political correctness the nationalist/reactionary far-right is known for these days.

Immigrants can become part of British culture. They cannot become Britons.

Not ethnically, but to suggest they can't become Britons in the sense of national identity is exactly what I was talking about.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 3:28 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Because you're suggesting that immigrants can't possibly ever actually be a part of the culture they've chosen to join. I'm not sure if you're playing dumb or if you really don't comprehend the words you post. :|

Further, who said anything about invasion? Just because you chose to use certain terms for rhetorical effect doesn't mean that they're actually a reason description of what's actually occurring. Repeating these terms over and over and complaining that others won't adopt them is just the political correctness the nationalist/reactionary far-right is known for these days.

Not ethnically, but to suggest they can't become Britons in the sense of national identity is exactly what I was talking about.

Sure they can have a national identity but that doesn't make them as British as a Briton.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 4:52 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Sure they can have a national identity but that doesn't make them as British as a Briton.

Really?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_Iris ... themselves
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_Germ ... he_Germans

History disagrees that assimilated minorities can't become as or more x than the x.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 4:57 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Really?

History disagrees that assimilated minorities can't become as or more x than the x.

You have just made my argument for me.
The idea that the children of Chinese Immigrants can be considered more British than me because they speak with an RP accent, drink tea and love the Queen.

That is what angers me about all this.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 6:05 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Really?

The idea that the children of Chinese Immigrants can be considered more British than me because they speak with an RP accent, drink tea and love the Queen.

And there it is. You're angry because if a child of Chinese immigrants can be just as British as you are, you're not longer special and above them. If they are just as British as you, you have to acknowledge them as equals and that makes you angry.

White racist anger is always from this root. What's that saying about the removal of privilege feeling like oppression to those with privilege? That's you buddy, thinking you losing the upper hand over immigrants is you being mistreated when really it's just your society equalizing. You don't get to be better than others anymore just because your ancestors are more "white" than the immigrants that make you so angry. That's all that is, it's very transparent.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 6:21 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:

And there it is. You're angry because if a child of Chinese immigrants can be just as British as you are, you're not longer special and above them. If they are just as British as you, you have to acknowledge them as equals and that makes you angry.

White racist anger is always from this root. What's that saying about the removal of privilege feeling like oppression to those with privilege? That's you buddy, thinking you losing the upper hand over immigrants is you being mistreated when really it's just your society equalizing. You don't get to be better than others anymore just because your ancestors are more "white" than the immigrants that make you so angry. That's all that is, it's very transparent.

Its not a privilege to be a Briton in Britain its literally my birth right.

Being white does not make me superior to a Chinese person whether they live in China or Britain, Being ethnically British does make me more British than an Ethnic Chinese person though.

Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 6:24 pm

Daniel89 wrote:

Its not a privilege to be a Briton in Britain its literally my birth right.

Being white does not make me superior to a Chinese person whether they live in China or Britain, Being ethnically British does make me more British than an Ethnic Chinese person though.

However you need to resolve your superiority to slake that anger--you do you boo, as they say. Just remember we can all see through it clear as day.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 6:29 pm

However you need to resolve your superiority to slake that anger--you do you boo, as they say. Just remember we can all see through it clear as day.

Where have I mentioned superiority?

Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 6:45 pm

Daniel89 wrote:

If you didn't feel deep inside that being "ethnically British" makes you better than those who aren't, it wouldn't make you angry to suggest that people of other ethnicities can be just as British as you. It's that anger that gives it away. If you didn't need to feel superior you wouldn't care so much about Chinese immigrants "infringing" on your British-ness.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 6:50 pm

If you didn't feel deep inside that being "ethnically British" makes you better than those who aren't, it wouldn't make you angry to suggest that people of other ethnicities can be just as British as you. It's that anger that gives it away. If you didn't need to feel superior you wouldn't care so much about Chinese immigrants "infringing" on your British-ness.

It doesn't make me superior, but it does make me more entitled to Britain.

The working class of Britain have been oppressed for centuries, we have had our land stolen and forced to pay taxes to our oppressors. We still suffer from this today, white boys do the worst in school.

If our government didn't have the ability to import foreign labour it wouldn't be able to get away with failing our own people.

Now we have immigrants and the children of immigrants telling British people than our skin colour gives us privilege in our own country. We have our government given special treatment to non white people.

Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 7:52 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
it does make me more entitled

Well look at that, you finally said something correct--good for you! :cheers:

Unfortunately I think it was unintentional.

Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 8:01 pm

aspiesavant wrote:
In fact, do you provide a source for every claim you make?

When I think it is needed, or when I am asked, or I say I don't have a reference.

aspiesavant wrote:
I could give you ample articles or videos to start with.

I find this far more interesting.

aspiesavant wrote:
I see no benefits from a society where communities are fractured, single parent families are the norm, race hatred is everywhere and everyone is on some kind of substance (either illegal or prescribed) to deal with the mess their life has become.

That appears like a far more serious price of diversity. Why do you think that is the consequence?

aspiesavant wrote:
That is precisely what the plutocracy want to achieve with their "diversity" propaganda. They want a divided population, where every "identity" group fights every other group, ignoring the fat cats who're really running the show.

I can partly agree, but I doubt the plutocracy is a unified block, and I think we disagree on what identity politics is. Have a look at this: https://www.indy100.com/article/firefighters-girl-viral-tweet-sexism-this-girl-can-response-force-8736316. If someone asked for children's books in which some firefighters are women, I would see that as a productive counter to the dominant story that this just doesn't happen. I see it as productive because it makes people aware that they have a wider range of choices than they may have been aware of. It increases liberty. Would you see it as "diversity propaganda" or identity politics that sets men against women?

Two of the videos you linked to hadn't gotten to any point when I got too bored to continue. The last took five minutes, and the point was that the story line with Rose Tico didn't contribute to the story. It wasn't clear to me whether the author of the video thought her presence was "diversity propaganda", or whether she would have objected as strongly to that story line if Rose had been played by someone white.

But if you believe that identity politics is a tool that the plutocracy uses to divide the rest of us, why do you focus so much on a dimension of identity that some peole do use to divide others? Everyone has many dimensions to identity. Which sports team you support, whether you prefer Mexican over Italian food, whether you like to get up early in the morning, whether you are right or left handed, what operating system you use. If groups of people who were previously written out of movies now get represented, that is only divisive if those who strongly identify with the now slightly less privileged group feel attacked. It looks to me like you give the plutocracy what it wants. Why would you?

Wikipedia wrote:
Propaganda is information that is not objective and is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is presented.

Probably a more common definuition than mine, and it captures a source of disagreement. When people don't like a conclusion, and they can't find fault with the argument, they try to find fault with the premises. As in James Inhofe's "I thought [climate change] must be true until I found out what it would cost". That leads to disagreements over what is objective, and so to disagreements over what is propaganda.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 9:25 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Really?

I think Kara basically finished you off better than I could have, but every response you provided helped her tremendously. You're espousing ethno-nationalism and ethnic chauvinism, racism in more general speech; that's the textbook jargon applied to the positions you're taking - it's not an insulting label when it's objectively true, no matter how offensive you find it to be labelled as such.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 2:30 am

Daniel89 wrote:
it does make me more entitled

Well look at that, you finally said something correct--good for you! :cheers:

Unfortunately I think it was unintentional.

Yes Britons are entitled to Britain its our homeland.

Just as Nigerians are entitled to Nigeria.

Just as a home owner is entitled to a property they bought.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 2:32 am

funeralxempire wrote:

I think Kara basically finished you off better than I could have, but every response you provided helped her tremendously. You're espousing ethno-nationalism and ethnic chauvinism, racism in more general speech; that's the textbook jargon applied to the positions you're taking - it's not an insulting label when it's objectively true, no matter how offensive you find it to be labelled as such.

Ethnonationalists do not consider mixed race people to be Natives whilst I do.

Ethnonationalists want to deport non natives, I do not.

If Britain doesn't belong to Britons then it belongs to no one.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2019, 4:06 am

Daniel89 wrote:

She's probably just projecting.

In my experience, "anti-racists" often have a superiority complex towards not just "racists" but also members of other races... for which they feel ashamed... resulting in them using political "anti-racism" to compensate for it.

And because of that they can't grasp how anyone else could reject multiculturalism or support ethnonationalism for any other reason than a superiority complex.