Page 44 of 53 [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 53  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2020, 9:24 am

MissMary227 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
MissMary227 wrote:
The only poll that got the 2016 election right was The University of Southern California, and the leading pollsters there did not want Trump to win. So that is the only poll I follow now. This is the data they have most recently garnered from January 31,2020. Even though it's a bit old now, it follows earlier polls that also show Biden as the Democrat front runner: It is gonna be a blowout come November. :heart:

If you are a Trump fan the actions of the Democrats give you a lot of very legitimate reasons for hope. IMHO the biggest reason for the Democrats to hope is Trump fans overconfidence. I have read so many Trump fans expecting a Trump blowout. This is quite ironic because it was the Democrats absolute belief that no way Trump could win the was very helpful to Trump back in 2016.

Nah, I disagree about the overconfidence part. We are just a force to be reckoned with now, and confident in his re-election. And we will not be complacent, but will turn out en masse. Look at Iowa...

Been there, done that.

In 2016 I did not outright predict a Trump win just said he had a chance. There were two types of reactions mocking/tin foil hat suggestions and total shock noticeable physically followed by silence or mumbling.

Unlike 2016 your opponents are not dealing with something they think won’t happen but the reality that Trump has been president for over 4 years. From what I see except for a few the left has FINALLY gotten over the idea that something magical is going to happen to remove Trump and are in a state of panic. They are not going to be complacent this time around. Your guy is still widely and most importantly intensely unpopular. He has not built upon his intensely loyal base and that base lost the popular vote by a substantial amount last time out. Losing the popular vote despite what happened in 2000 and 2016 still means you are more likely than not to lose the electoral college.

IMHO what is going on is overcorrection for 2016. From Trump supporters it is gleeful anticipation and expectation of the ultimate owning of the libs. Overconfidence and “fighting the last war” leads to not only complacency but other mistakes. Just look at the Democrats for the last 5 years.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2020, 4:40 am

Over 200 Native Americans sign letter urging Warren to retract ancestry claims

More than 200 Cherokees and other Native Americans have signed onto a letter urging Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) to unequivocally retract claims that she previously made about having Native American ancestry.

The letter, which was organized by Cherokee Nation citizens Joseph M. Pierce, Daniel Heath Justice, Rebecca Nagle and Twila Barnes, calls on the Democratic presidential candidate to “fully address the harm you have caused,” arguing that her past claims “have normalized white people claiming to be Native.”

“Your actions do not exist in a vacuum but are part of a long and violent history,” the letter reads, citing a Los Angeles Times report that found more than $800 million in federal contracts reserved for minorities have been allocated to members of groups with suspicious ties to Native tribes. The Times first reported the Cherokee Nation's new request of Warren.

The letter goes on to argue that “as the most public example of this behavior,” Warren needs “to clearly state that Native people are the sole authority on who is — and who is not — Native.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... t-ancestry

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2020, 10:24 am

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2020, 12:11 pm

A platform we can all endorse!

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2020, 7:52 pm

Joe Biden projected to win the South Carolina Democratic primary.

In response, he issued this statement:

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2020, 10:39 am

Billionaire Tom Steyer quits Democratic primary race

Quote:
Tom Steyer, the California activist billionaire who has largely been a nonfactor in the Democratic primary campaign, dropped out of the race on Saturday night.

Steyer's departure came after a disappointing finish in the South Carolina Democratic primary. With 70 percent of the vote in, Steyer had just 11.5 percent of the vote — despite spending millions of dollars on campaigning there.

"There’s no question today that this campaign, we were disappointed with where we came out," Steyer told supporters in Columbia, S.C.

But I said if I didn’t see a path to winning that I'd suspend my campaign, and honestly I can't see a path where I can win the presidency."

His exit came after he'd spent a total of $158 million on television and radio ads, according to Advertising Analytics. In South Carolina alone, Steyer had spent nearly $21 million as of Tuesday, the firm said.

Steyer had essentially put all of his efforts in recent weeks into South Carolina. He'd shown promise in recent polling in the Palmetto State and invested more time there than any of his competitors. His wife, Kat Taylor, even moved to Columbia earlier this month.

Steyer had initially opted against entering the presidential contest before reversing course and joining the large field in July. He spent exorbitant sums of his own money on the race, outpaced in the Democratic field by another late-entrant, former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg, the billionaire media mogul.

Steyer based his candidacy on promising to declare a "national emergency" on climate change upon taking office, racial justice, and ideas like allowing voters to make laws directly through regular national referenda. He also was a proponent of impeaching President Donald Trump. Former rivals thanked Steyer for his contributions to the race in tweets late Saturday.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 2:03 pm

Klobuchar is out.

Prediction: the VPs will be Biden/Klobuchar and Bernie/Buttigieg.

There Are Four Lights!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 2:30 pm

Darmok wrote:
Klobuchar is out.

Noooooooo!! !! !

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 2:35 pm

She endorsed Biden.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 2:40 pm

I will probably endorse Bloomberg.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 2:41 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
She endorsed Biden.

The Biden campaign's got Klobmentum!

There Are Four Lights!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 3:05 pm

i'd like to see how YOUR campaign would fare in a blizzard!

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 3:05 pm

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 4:17 pm

"Listen. listen. when they’re all consolerate-sorry consolinating around the thing that you’re at that time of history to bring, that’s when you’re really the guy who people look at to say “there he is.” I wanna give a shou-out to Senator Amy Clamberov and ah Pete Beetlegrudge man... back in my home town we had a saying "if the jobs no good, hire a pat...pete" and we all knew what he was doing jack, and who could forget kombucha over here, anyone would need to think twice before stopping her in her trucks, both of them will be an asset to my senatoral run..."

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 4:31 pm

How is Tulsi Gabbard still in the race?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 6:48 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
"Listen. listen. when they’re all consolerate-sorry consolinating around the thing that you’re at that time of history to bring, that’s when you’re really the guy who people look at to say “there he is.” I wanna give a shou-out to Senator Amy Clamberov and ah Pete Beetlegrudge man... back in my home town we had a saying "if the jobs no good, hire a pat...pete" and we all knew what he was doing jack, and who could forget kombucha over here, anyone would need to think twice before stopping her in her trucks, both of them will be an asset to my senatoral run..."

Not since Lincoln have we had such oratory.

I wish I lived in Delaware so Joe could be my president.

There Are Four Lights!