Page 10 of 53 [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 53  Next

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Apr 2019, 4:49 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

He changed him name for that exact reason.

No, his parents changed his name to distinguish him from his grandfather.
Quote:
Warren pretended to be Native American and Havard boasted about having a "woman of colour".

Source?
Quote:
The AP is literally a joke.

Source?

Quote:
Making all immigration is literally suicide for a nation.

It was standard practice until quite recently. The USA didn't have any restrictions on immigration until 1875, and yet it still exists today. The UK didn't have any restrictions on immigration until 1905, and yet it still exists today. Is there any evidence that supports your view?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 4:58 pm

Shrapnel wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Staged debates, softball questions, all orchestrated by their media partners. To whom should I contribute to get the dumbest democrat on the stage ... or is it all of them? Their primary attribute is a firm belief in collusion. That's the democrat core value.
A vote for one is a vote for all.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 5:03 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
I don't know much about O'Rourke

Democrats liken him to the second coming of Bobby Kennedy. But he'll be a pushover for the left’s grievance caucus. His instinct is always to apologize: for youthful misconduct, for harmless comments, for being a white male.

Add to that a habit of equivocation:
He supports single-payer health care but doesn’t like Medicare for All, he applauds the Green New Deal but doesn’t quite support it, and he wavers between moderate unifier and progressive firebrand.
And no "journalist" has done much reporting of Beto's burglary arrest, we hear about his DUI, where he tried to leave the scene, but not much about being a burglar. He looks like Bobby Kennedy son but drives like Ted Kennedy.

Beto is a servile, guilt-ridden, rich white kid. He gives Texas a bad name. I wouldn't bet a peso on Beto, he'll be gone by Labor Day.

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2019, 5:06 pm

Trump has betrayed us.

>he fumbled the wall deal and shut down the government for nothing
>we're still in Afghanistan
>we're still in Syria
>he bombed Syria twice
>DHS announced they are going to let in more H-2B immigrants
>he loves Israel far too much
>would probably let Netanyahu plow his wife
>hasn't signed the birthright order

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 8:43 pm

As of late, I think Pete Buttigeige (spelling) may very well be the best Dem running. The guy is a Gulf War veteran, speaks several languages, is a concert pianist, is the successful mayor of North Bend, Indiana, and is 35 years old, meaning that he's unlikely to die in office, or develop dementia. But because he's gay (and a newly wed at that), the loony right with go out full homophobia on him, making his election only and entirely the work of blue America.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 8:19 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Beto isn't claiming to be Spanish. One of the most respected media outlets in the world included an adjective by mistake; the AP is as close to objective as they come but it isn't flawless.

Elizabeth Warren also isn't "claiming" to be a Native American in order to "win points with radicals". She does have Native American descent, and her opponents like to use that to attack her. She never spoke publicly about her heritage until people started using it to attack her. If anything, her appeal to "radicals" is that she has apologised for having once described herself as "American Indian" on a form despite not being a tribal citizen.

I don't know much about O'Rourke but both Sanders and Warren have far more radical positions than "being descended from a native" or "thinking black people experience poverty differently". They're also only two of around 20 candidates, and they're noted for being two of the more radical ones.

The vast majority of illegal immigration to the US does not occur from border crossings. If you want to stop illegal immigration, the easiest way of doing it is by making all immigration legal. Now that's a radical position.

Elizabeth got a DNA test and found that she has no native ancestry. She also labels herself as a native to get into college with only suspecting to be 1/64th. I would call that, pretending to be a native.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 8:22 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
As of late, I think Pete Buttigeige (spelling) may very well be the best Dem running. The guy is a Gulf War veteran, speaks several languages, is a concert pianist, is the successful mayor of North Bend, Indiana, and is 35 years old, meaning that he's unlikely to die in office, or develop dementia. But because he's gay (and a newly wed at that), the loony right with go out full homophobia on him, making his election only and entirely the work of blue America.

It's the last that isn't supporting him, don't try to blame that on the right.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 3:03 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

He changed him name for that exact reason.

No, his parents changed his name to distinguish him from his grandfather.
Quote:
Warren pretended to be Native American and Havard boasted about having a "woman of colour".

Source?
Quote:
The AP is literally a joke.

Source?

Quote:
Making all immigration is literally suicide for a nation.

It was standard practice until quite recently. The USA didn't have any restrictions on immigration until 1875, and yet it still exists today. The UK didn't have any restrictions on immigration until 1905, and yet it still exists today. Is there any evidence that supports your view?

If you say so. I doubt that's why he's got it now though. They do it to sound groovy.

Darmok will find the source of Warren if you ask him. I'm surprised you missed it when he posted it before.

Did the AP call out the Russiagate hoax all this time? The lies in Iraq? Libya? Syria? Etc. If so then I'm on board with them.

Yeah that was long before the welfare system. You can't have open borders and welfare.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 3:04 pm

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
Trump has betrayed us.

>he fumbled the wall deal and shut down the government for nothing
>we're still in Afghanistan
>we're still in Syria
>he bombed Syria twice
>DHS announced they are going to let in more H-2B immigrants
>he loves Israel far too much
>would probably let Netanyahu plow his wife
>hasn't signed the birthright order

Can't argue with that.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 3:06 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

So what are his qualifications and policies? What are his views on immigration?

TamJam
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Apr 2019, 3:32 pm

So who would make a good Dem ticket? Almost every candidate has said or done something problematic IMO...who do you all think would be a legit and winning combo?

Also, can anyone primary Donald Trump? If so, who? (I would take Kasich over Trump - I don't like him either but I mean, COME ON)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 9:12 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It's the last that isn't supporting him, don't try to blame that on the right.

Seriously?!?! The right has adopted homophobia as one of it's campaign planks, ever since they had formed an unholy alliance with the religious right. I seem to recall it was liberals who fought for and got marriage equality, and LGBT rights, while it's the right that's always opposed any of that.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 12:19 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Did you mean South Bend?

I’m still leaning toward Hickenlooper right now. Where does Buttegieg stand on the issues?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

eilishbillie987
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2019, 12:51 am

I feel like nothing matters. I might write in billie eilish .

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 12:54 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Did you mean South Bend?

I’m still leaning toward Hickenlooper right now. Where does Buttegieg stand on the issues?

I believe he wants single payer. He also feels liberals shouldn't be afraid of religion - - he's an Episcopalian. It's his brains and youth I like. I admittedly need to learn more about all the candidates before I can say for sure this one is for this, but that one isn't.
Perhaps you're right about South Bend.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 10:46 am

Rep. Tim Ryan announces presidential run

Quote:
Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) is launching a presidential bid, joining an already crowded primary field to take on President Trump in 2020.

An outspoken moderate in the House who once challenged Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) in a leadership race, Ryan is jumping into a nominating contest dominated by high-profile candidates angling their appeals toward the party’s progressive flank.

“Tim is an independent, no-nonsense congressman from Ohio fighting to rebuild our economy by investing in American workers,” his campaign website, which was first posted Thursday, says.

“A lifelong Rust Belt native, Tim understands that the American Dream is falling too far out of reach. That’s why he’s focused on restoring stability to our fractured communities by rebuilding our economy to work for all Americans.”

Ryan has had a focus on manufacturing in his nine terms in the House, and has offered legislation seeking to change U.S. trade policy in response to actions by China and other trading partners.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman