[ POLL ] Are you offended when people criticize Trump?

Page 3 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Are you personally offended when people criticize President Donald J. Trump?
Definitely YES! 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Mostly Yes. 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
I Don't Care. 17%  17%  [ 9 ]
Mostly No. 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Definitely NO! 60%  60%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 53

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 1:56 am

League_Girl wrote:
I don't think Trump has anything wrong with him. He is just an as*hole. I remember the days where we all thought someone was just an as*hole or just rude, now today we are all putting labels on people to explain away their rude behavior or their narcissism or them being a jerk or an as*hole or so self absorbed and not giving a s**t. I have heard he has NPD, then schizophrenia, a learning disability, speech impairment, now people are suggesting he is autistic?

Trump gets accused of many mental conditions.

That green lights people to make fun of people with those conditions

For example, in the topic linked below, it was suggested that odd speech pattern indicates one's an "idiot" or "mentally ill".
viewtopic.php?t=372273

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 2:51 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
What's the point of WRONG PLANET, if you belittle personal traits?

This topic suggests that Trump's speech pattern (akin to a "stream of consciousness") makes him an idiot or mentally ill.
viewtopic.php?t=372273

That's a direct insult to ASD people.

"stream of consciousness" speech pattern is a known ASD trait.
http://www.autismsupportnetwork.com/new ... sm-2203421

I sincerely doubt Trump is one of us. He has too much of an extroverted personality.

The site is called "WRONG PLANET".

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different, like people with odd speech patterns?

Why is it OK to make fun of someone simply because of their personality? (like a "narcissist")?

Do you see that it's hypocrisy to say this is "WRONG PLANET" accepting of people who are different, then turn around and make insults at people who are different.

I don't make fun of Trump's speech pattern, I make fun of him for being a bigoted, crypto fascist, narcissistic douche nozzle who isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is, and who has bought into his own BS about being a successfully stellar businessman.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 3:11 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

This topic suggests that Trump's speech pattern (akin to a "stream of consciousness") makes him an idiot or mentally ill.
viewtopic.php?t=372273

I sincerely doubt Trump is one of us. He has too much of an extroverted personality.

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different, like people with odd speech patterns?

Why is it OK to make fun of someone simply because of their personality? (like a "narcissist")?

Do you see that it's hypocrisy to say this is "WRONG PLANET" accepting of people who are different, then turn around and make insults at people who are different.

I don't make fun of Trump's speech pattern, I make fun of him for being a bigoted, crypto fascist, narcissistic douche nozzle who isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is, and who has bought into his own BS about being a successfully stellar businessman.

You're citing all personal traits, and not actions. SO ...

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different like, "bigots"?

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different like, "narcissistic douche nozzles"?

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different like, "crypto fascist", and "people who embellish their success"?

Again, do you see that it's hypocrisy to say this is "WRONG PLANET" accepting of people who are different, then turn around and make insults at people who are different.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 3:18 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=372273

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different like, "narcissistic douche nozzles"?

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different like, "crypto fascist", and "people who embellish their success"?

Again, do you see that it's hypocrisy to say this is "WRONG PLANET" accepting of people who are different, then turn around and make insults at people who are different.

Because all those things I cited about Trump makes him bad, not just different. Talking to yourself makes you different, and it's okay. Being a businessman who has cheated his workers and subcontractors out of pay, and who doesn't pay his bills is just a terrible person, which is not all right.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 3:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=372273

Because all those things I cited about Trump makes him bad, not just different. Talking to yourself makes you different, and it's okay. Being a businessman who has cheated his workers and subcontractors out of pay, and who doesn't pay his bills is just a terrible person, which is not all right.

Those are actions.

So, you don't like Trump because of his actions, but for some reason you attack his personal traits????

That's the same logic as "An autistic person shot up a school" [action], "therefore, autism is bad" [personal trait].

Do you see how offensive it is? You're making an implication that a mental condition causes a negative action.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 4:12 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=372273

Those are actions.

So, you don't like Trump because of his actions, but for some reason you attack his personal traits????

That's the same logic as "An autistic person shot up a school" [action], "therefore, autism is bad" [personal trait].

Do you see how offensive it is? You're making an implication that a mental condition causes a negative action.

No, that isn't what I'm saying at all. I am not saying the equivalent of criticizing Trump is the same as calling all people with autism bad because of autistic school shooters. The shooter is bad whether he is autistic or not, because of his actions, which is a reflection of his personal traits. Trump is bad because his personal traits are bad, by which he does bad things. Bad personal traits and the actions that grow out of them are indivisible.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 4:48 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=372273

Those are actions.

No, that isn't what I'm saying at all. I am not saying the equivalent of criticizing Trump is the same as calling all people with autism bad because of autistic school shooters. The shooter is bad whether he is autistic or not, because of his actions, which is a reflection of his personal traits. Trump is bad because his personal traits are bad, by which he does bad things. Bad personal traits and the actions that grow out of them are indivisible.

You don't know if the actions you don't like are caused by personal traits of "bigotry", "narcissism","crypto fascist", or "people who embellish their success".

Again, you're implying that these personal traits cause negative actions.

That's the same as someone who says "autism" [personal trait], causes bad behavior [action].

Why not be more accepting of people with psychological differences? That's what this website is about?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 6:23 am

NO!! !! !! !!?! ! I DON'T LIKE HIM, and, anyway, it goes with the fricking job! :x Harry Truman - heat - kitchen :P.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 6:48 am

I'll be the unpopular member who says "Mostly Yes."

Why? Well, all the criticism seems a bit over the top. While I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, there seems to be an inferiority complex among non-Americans who are this up-in-arms over Trump. What's it to ya?

As far as my fellow Americans themselves, it seems like Trump is no different than any other corrupt politician we've had, the only difference being he didn't have a political career.

The people got tired of voting for corrupt insiders, and chose to vote for a corrupt outsider. But this isn't the end of the world here.

Of course, I'm not that passionate about the subject either way. "Offense" may be the wrong word. I feel it's much ado about nothing and it does get a little silly.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 7:02 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

Why? Well, all the criticism seems a bit over the top. While I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, there seems to be an inferiority complex among non-Americans who are this up-in-arms over Trump. What's it to ya?

As far as my fellow Americans themselves, it seems like Trump is no different than any other corrupt politician we've had, the only difference being he didn't have a political career.

The people got tired of voting for corrupt insiders, and chose to vote for a corrupt outsider. But this isn't the end of the world here.

Of course, I'm not that passionate about the subject either way. "Offense" may be the wrong word. I feel it's much ado about nothing and it does get a little silly.

My thoughts exactly.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 7:34 am

I can’t stand “bigots, crypto fascists,” or people of that ilk. It’s not because they’re “different.”

It’s because their personal qualities suck (whether their are “different,” or “the same.”)

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 7:46 am

EzraS wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

It sure as hell wasn't "much ado about nothing" for this guy:

'A death sentence': migrant caravan member killed in Honduras after US sent him back

It's not been "much ado about nothing" for a lot of people; but by all means, continue to remain comfortably oblivious in your cosseted white male privilege.
Virginia Study Finds Increased School Bullying In Areas That Voted For Trump
Trump's era of hate
Trump Hate Map

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 8:09 am

Piobaire wrote:
It sure as hell wasn't "much ado about nothing" for this guy

That's a sad story, but far from the first asylum seeker that was deported and killed. Stuff like this has been going on for decades under numerous presidential administrations. But, conveniently, a lot of people get tunnel vision.

I'm actually not saying this to support Trump. I'm saying it because the hypocrisy is silly, and like many people, you've been guided and triggered by the media....who it seems really hate Trump not for his corruption (he is, but many others were too). No, they hate him because he's not one of the political insiders. It's so obvious, it's obvious.

Look at the last 3: Clinton was a media darling who got a lot of soap opera flack for his affair and perjury. W. was always lampooned as being stupid. They were silent with Obama.

Regardless, I've never seen the Press so hell-bent on attacking a president who, honestly, is no different than any of the others with his corruption and payola and backroom deals.

Last edited by ezbzbfcg2 on 13 Jan 2019, 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 8:13 am

Piobaire wrote:
but by all means, continue to remain comfortably oblivious in your cosseted white male privilege.

And how do you even know I'm white? Why are you the one bringing up race? Yes, you've been triggered and led and played.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 11:30 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I can’t stand “bigots, crypto fascists,” or people of that ilk. It’s not because they’re “different.”

It’s because their personal qualities suck (whether their are “different,” or “the same.”)

I feel it's important to say I like the word ilk :)
Does everyone have an ilk of some sort?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 11:32 am

I feel insulted every time Mr. Trump says something that he expects us to believe when reality is in complete disagreement with him.

I feel insulted when one of his fans follows through with his or her own lies, and then proceeds to attack the person of anyone who disagrees with them.