[ POLL ] Are you offended when people criticize Trump?

Page 4 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Are you personally offended when people criticize President Donald J. Trump?
Definitely YES! 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Mostly Yes. 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
I Don't Care. 17%  17%  [ 9 ]
Mostly No. 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Definitely NO! 60%  60%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 53

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 11:32 am

I feel insulted every time Mr. Trump says something that he expects us to believe when reality is in complete disagreement with him.

I feel insulted when one of his fans follows through with his or her own lies, and then proceeds to attack the person of anyone who disagrees with them.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 1:33 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
What's the point of WRONG PLANET, if you belittle personal traits?

This topic suggests that Trump's speech pattern (akin to a "stream of consciousness") makes him an idiot or mentally ill.
viewtopic.php?t=372273

That's a direct insult to ASD people.

"stream of consciousness" speech pattern is a known ASD trait.
http://www.autismsupportnetwork.com/new ... sm-2203421

I sincerely doubt Trump is one of us. He has too much of an extroverted personality.

The site is called "WRONG PLANET".

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different, like people with odd speech patterns?

Why is it OK to make fun of someone simply because of their personality? (like a "narcissist")?

Do you see that it's hypocrisy to say this is "WRONG PLANET" accepting of people who are different, then turn around and make insults at people who are different.

I don't make fun of Trump's speech pattern, I make fun of him for being a bigoted, crypto fascist, narcissistic douche nozzle who isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is, and who has bought into his own BS about being a successfully stellar businessman.

You're citing all personal traits, and not actions. SO ...

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different like, "bigots"?

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different like, "narcissistic douche nozzles"?

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different like, "crypto fascist", and "people who embellish their success"?

Again, do you see that it's hypocrisy to say this is "WRONG PLANET" accepting of people who are different, then turn around and make insults at people who are different.

On this site we tend to be more accepting of differences. Many of the differences associated with autism make other people uncomfortable and cause impairments. They are often mistunderstood as bad things. Trump’s differences cause harm and are done with the intent of humiliting people just for the sake of it.

The logical reaction to an evil person in power is fear. A typical reaction is hate. Making fun of such people is a coping mechinism needed at times. It gives a bit of hope that the evil person has flaws and is not destined to win everytime.

The human need for humor to deal with bad things is why I am so against SJW’s shutting down humor about controversial topics.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 1:34 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
What's the point of WRONG PLANET, if you belittle personal traits?

This topic suggests that Trump's speech pattern (akin to a "stream of consciousness") makes him an idiot or mentally ill.
viewtopic.php?t=372273

That's a direct insult to ASD people.

"stream of consciousness" speech pattern is a known ASD trait.
http://www.autismsupportnetwork.com/new ... sm-2203421

I sincerely doubt Trump is one of us. He has too much of an extroverted personality.

The site is called "WRONG PLANET".

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different, like people with odd speech patterns?

Why is it OK to make fun of someone simply because of their personality? (like a "narcissist")?

Do you see that it's hypocrisy to say this is "WRONG PLANET" accepting of people who are different, then turn around and make insults at people who are different.

I don't make fun of Trump's speech pattern, I make fun of him for being a bigoted, crypto fascist, narcissistic douche nozzle who isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is, and who has bought into his own BS about being a successfully stellar businessman.

You're citing all personal traits, and not actions. SO ...

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different like, "bigots"?

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different like, "narcissistic douche nozzles"?

Why is it OK to make fun of people who are different like, "crypto fascist", and "people who embellish their success"?

Again, do you see that it's hypocrisy to say this is "WRONG PLANET" accepting of people who are different, then turn around and make insults at people who are different.

Because all those things I cited about Trump makes him bad, not just different. Talking to yourself makes you different, and it's okay. Being a businessman who has cheated his workers and subcontractors out of pay, and who doesn't pay his bills is just a terrible person, which is not all right.

Those are actions.

So, you don't like Trump because of his actions, but for some reason you attack his personal traits????

That's the same logic as "An autistic person shot up a school" [action], "therefore, autism is bad" [personal trait].

Do you see how offensive it is? You're making an implication that a mental condition causes a negative action.

No, that isn't what I'm saying at all. I am not saying the equivalent of criticizing Trump is the same as calling all people with autism bad because of autistic school shooters. The shooter is bad whether he is autistic or not, because of his actions, which is a reflection of his personal traits. Trump is bad because his personal traits are bad, by which he does bad things. Bad personal traits and the actions that grow out of them are indivisible.

You don't know if the actions you don't like are caused by personal traits of "bigotry", "narcissism","crypto fascist", or "people who embellish their success".

Again, you're implying that these personal traits cause negative actions.

That's the same as someone who says "autism" [personal trait], causes bad behavior [action].

Why not be more accepting of people with psychological differences? That's what this website is about?

Of course Trump's personal traits cause his negative actions! He does not have Asperger's, or any form of autism. He probably has some sort of personality disorder, such as Narcissistic Personality Disorder. This is hardly a personality difference that should be tolerated as it's common among psychopaths.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 1:51 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Piobaire wrote:
It sure as hell wasn't "much ado about nothing" for this guy

That's a sad story, but far from the first asylum seeker that was deported and killed. Stuff like this has been going on for decades under numerous presidential administrations. But, conveniently, a lot of people get tunnel vision.

I'm actually not saying this to support Trump. I'm saying it because the hypocrisy is silly, and like many people, you've been guided and triggered by the media....who it seems really hate Trump not for his corruption (he is, but many others were too). No, they hate him because he's not one of the political insiders. It's so obvious, it's obvious.

Look at the last 3: Clinton was a media darling who got a lot of soap opera flack for his affair and perjury. W. was always lampooned as being stupid. They were silent with Obama.

Regardless, I've never seen the Press so hell-bent on attacking a president who, honestly, is no different than any of the others with his corruption and payola and backroom deals.

None of Trump's predecessors have been as corrupt as him. I did not like George W. Bush at all, but he was a man of honor, whereas Trump is not. Not only that, but Trump appears to be working to undermine America's place in the world by denigrating our allies while embracing dangerous autocrats, in particular Putin, who Trump is indebted to. Besides that, Trump has purposely made an enemy of the press by calling them "the enemy of the people" when they do their job by calling out his endless stream of lies. His being an outsider has little to do with it.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 3:36 pm

No problem with criticizing Trump. I just don't understand why very few on this sites bash the Democrats. They are, after all, pretty much responsible for putting Trump in office. Very confusing to me.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 3:42 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
No problem with criticizing Trump. I just don't understand why very few on this sites bash the Democrats. They are, after all, pretty much responsible for putting Trump in office. Very confusing to me.

Well, with a little help from Putin.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 5:33 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

Democrats are angels not able to do anything bad and anything bad they seem to do is other people’s doing nit theirs, they can do no wrong, they are at saviors and we must praise them. At least that’s how it seems.
I hate democrats they ruining my state

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 8:17 pm

...I think the people who voted for Trump put him in office!! !! !! !! :lol:
Sly, you've indicated in the past that you were registered as a Democrat (or your family). Why don't you switch??? 8O

79"]

VegetableMan wrote:

Democrats are angels not able to do anything bad and anything bad they seem to do is other people’s doing nit theirs, they can do no wrong, they are at saviors and we must praise them. At least that’s how it seems.
I hate democrats they ruining my state[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 11:01 pm

sly279 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I hate democrats they ruining my state

You know Sly279, the same could be said of the Republican party in my home state of Kansas. Governor Brownback just about bankrupt the state, yet could do no wrong in the eyes of his political party. He is now on Trump’s cabinet as a special religious “advisor” to the world. He is why I no longer support that party. I never supported the Democratic Party before and I do not intend to now. I used to blindly vote the Republican party ticket as was typical to do in that state. I now support the best candidate for the job, regardless on what side that they belong. In some ways, the two party system is no longer functioning as it was intended in our country, both sides have problems that they do not seem able to fix (or might not want to). I wish I had a solution, jbut I do not think that it can exist within our society without major pains in the process.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 11:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Of course Trump's personal traits cause his negative actions! He does not have Asperger's, or any form of autism. He probably has some sort of personality disorder, such as Narcissistic Personality Disorder. This is hardly a personality difference that should be tolerated as it's common among psychopaths.

A person with "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" should be welcomed like a person with "Autistic Spectrum Disorder".

The owner of this website made a special forum to discuss other mental conditions (like "Bipolar, Tourettes, Schizophrenia and other psychological conditions...").

Your prejudices, and labeling of people with certain mental conditions as "bad" is an offense to the principal of this site.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 11:53 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

A person with "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" should be welcomed like a person with "Autistic Spectrum Disorder".

The owner of this website made a special forum to discuss other mental conditions (like "Bipolar, Tourettes, Schizophrenia and other psychological conditions...").

Your prejudices, and labeling of people with certain mental conditions as "bad" is an offense to the principal of this site.

Welcoming a person with NPD to WP is a possibility, but I certainly don't want such a person in the White House.
The conditions themselves aren't bad, but the dangerous actions performed by those with them can be, whether we're talking about an autistic school shooter, or Trump threatening the stability of America's place in the world.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 4:58 am

i am an australian with no political knowledge really about american politics.
so excuse me if i walk heavy footed into this thread.

i like trump. i can not see how he has a speech impediment.
many people like to show how he has failed in business many times.

there is a rather droll australian song with the lyric "i get knocked down! but i get up again. no body gonna keep me down"

so if trump went bankrupt so many times, how did he get up again and make a fortune all over again so many times?

maybe because he was daring, and fortunes did not go his way, but i kind of find that hard to believe.
bankruptcy is not an admission of failure, but is a tactic to ameliorate debts.
you can not reverse bankruptcy unless you pay your debts, and he must have done so in order to be viable again and again.
bankruptcy gives you time to balance the books with no interest charged in the mean time.

presently he is rich again, and he was very successful in his dealings over and over again.
he even became president, which is no minor accomplishment.

you people have a herd mentality and you castigate him simply to be on the train where everyone else is.
i have lost respect for fnord for being so blind in his condemnation of trump, and that kraigchewer fellow for saying nothing but character assasinations of trump without assessing his achievements.

trump diffused the north korean crisis and he stood up to china and did not let them strangle the life out of the US, and he also wisely wants to halt people scurrying in from foreign countries to the US to eat it's cake.

it will take time for his business plan to grow fruit, but it is already starting to happen.

it is like the year 2K paranoia. everyone was worried that the world would spiral into chaos, but it never happened.

so he was recorded having a bawdy conversation on a bus with a guy. we all do that. but we do not have microphones stuffed under our noses and then the recording broadcast to the world.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 5:05 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Some would say that's just a red herring the democrats came up with to dodge culpability.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 5:51 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Some would say that's just a red herring the democrats came up with to dodge culpability.

Why would staunch Republicans like Comey and Mueller think the same thing as the Democrats?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 6:01 am

b9 wrote:
i am an australian with no political knowledge really about american politics.
so excuse me if i walk heavy footed into this thread.

i like trump. i can not see how he has a speech impediment.
many people like to show how he has failed in business many times.

there is a rather droll australian song with the lyric "i get knocked down! but i get up again. no body gonna keep me down"

so if trump went bankrupt so many times, how did he get up again and make a fortune all over again so many times?

maybe because he was daring, and fortunes did not go his way, but i kind of find that hard to believe.
bankruptcy is not an admission of failure, but is a tactic to ameliorate debts.
you can not reverse bankruptcy unless you pay your debts, and he must have done so in order to be viable again and again.
bankruptcy gives you time to balance the books with no interest charged in the mean time.

presently he is rich again, and he was very successful in his dealings over and over again.
he even became president, which is no minor accomplishment.

you people have a herd mentality and you castigate him simply to be on the train where everyone else is.
i have lost respect for fnord for being so blind in his condemnation of trump, and that kraigchewer fellow for saying nothing but character assasinations of trump without assessing his achievements.

trump diffused the north korean crisis and he stood up to china and did not let them strangle the life out of the US, and he also wisely wants to halt people scurrying in from foreign countries to the US to eat it's cake.

it will take time for his business plan to grow fruit, but it is already starting to happen.

it is like the year 2K paranoia. everyone was worried that the world would spiral into chaos, but it never happened.

so he was recorded having a bawdy conversation on a bus with a guy. we all do that. but we do not have microphones stuffed under our noses and then the recording broadcast to the world.

Trump hasn't had any real business achievements. He just gets loans that he defaults on. That's why he sought out Russian oligarchs who were more concerned about making him beholden to them than with getting their money back.
It's not character assassination to point out that Trump has a long history of cheating workers and contractors out of pay, or to point out that he has been denigrating and distancing himself from our allies while embracing autocrats, because it's all true. And that's not even mentioning Trump University which was just a flimflam operation to separate people from their money.
As for Trump's political achievements - - he's left our allies in South Korea vulnerable just so he could make a superficial deal with Kim. Everything else Trump has done on the world stage seems to have been done to make Russia great again at America's expense.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 7:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump hasn't had any real business achievements. He just gets loans that he defaults on.

how does he do that? he must have a feasible plan of action.
people do not loan you money if you are a wastrel.

Kraichgauer wrote:
That's why he sought out Russian oligarchs who were more concerned about making him beholden to them than with getting their money back.

how devilishly clever. i do not believe what you say, but if it is true, then he can leave them in the lurch while under the wing of the US. they would have to be stupid to give him money knowing that if he did not do as they wanted, they could not touch him.

Kraichgauer wrote:
It's not character assassination to point out that Trump has a long history of cheating workers and contractors out of pay, or to point out that he has been denigrating and distancing himself from our allies while embracing autocrats, because it's all true. And that's not even mentioning Trump University which was just a flimflam operation to separate people from their money.
As for Trump's political achievements - - he's left our allies in South Korea vulnerable just so he could make a superficial deal with Kim. Everything else Trump has done on the world stage seems to have been done to make Russia great again at America's expense.

well i do not know about the veracity of what you claim.
i think it is better to cool the worries of the world that the 3rd world war is imminent.
i certainly feel more secure since the meeting of un and trump.

russia is not the ogre you think it is i believe.

i am not interested in world affairs though, so that is all i have to say.