Page 4 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 6:57 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Natural plastic

Your interpretation was the same as mine

The owners interpretation was that I violated Fido's "rights," by screaming when it bit me

There is no correct interpretation , just depends on who is in power :roll:

As usual

I agree with your thesis about that relativity of it all. Its like media in the West resents Muslims for violating their "right" to publish pictures of the Prophet (even of nasty unflattering pics of the Prophet). And Muslims resent western media for violating their right to be free of being offended by the sight of graven images of the Prophet Mohammed.

But... I kinda think that you screaming in pain was what the dog was going for. Music to his ears. Lol!

I seriously doubt that the dog objected to hearing you scream in pain. :lol: So even on THAT relativistic level it doesn't make sense.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 7:04 pm

When a dog bit through my cheek as a kid , the owners immediate reaction was to accuse me of doing something to the dog. :roll:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 8:36 pm

I guess that dog owners can be incredulous when their dear little pets hurt someone. Must be the person's fault. Kinda like parents about their kids. Who knows?

Last edited by naturalplastic on 15 Jan 2019, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 8:36 pm

Save ferris

That way unless you took a video tape, you could not have proven that you did not do anything to the dog to provoke it

Some precious lil "people" value their dogs so much they act like they believe that the dog has a moral right to do whatever it wants. Including biting someone. And the dog has a "right" to be happy

:roll:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 8:40 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I guess that dog owners can be incredulous when their dear little pets hurt someone. Must be the person's fault. Kinda like parents about their kids. Who knows?

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Save ferris

That way unless you took a video tape, you could not have proven that you did not do anything to the dog to provoke it

Some precious lil "people" value their dogs so much they act like they believe that the dog has a moral right to do whatever it wants. Including biting someone. And the dog has a "right" to be happy

:roll:

rose tinted spectacles

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 8:41 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I'm not religous either but I get very annoyed and offended everytime I see atheists call somebody an idiot for having religous beliefs. They have no respect for anyone else's opinions because they think anyone who doesn't embrace science and cold hard facts is an idiot, so I guess basically when it comes down to it they really aren't much different from those annoying Christians who are always putting down anyone who is a non-Christain. I just don't like seeing people put other people down for the sake of feeling superior and atheists are just as guilty of that crap as religous fanatics are. :roll:

Some atheists are like the religious fundamentalists. Those atheists seem to think all people take religion or religious ideas literally, therefor those believers are idiots for believing in such obviously unbelievable things (on a literal level). Science can be worshipped, too.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:35 am

Speaking of dogs in this thread and the dog's actions being blamed on you, this what people call dog nutters. The dog owners think their dog can do no wrong and think everyone shouldn't be afraid of their dog and they have no respect for other peoples boundaries. These are the people who will also take their dogs anywhere and then get upset when they find out they can't bring their dog into a restaurant or will say their dog is a emotional support animal. It is not as service dog. They also think you are faking your dog allergies so they don't give a s**t and lot of other things.

I realize my parents were dog nutters when I was 16 because they wouldn't get rid of the new dog when it was giving me tremendous anxiety and giving me meltdowns on a daily basis and changing me into a different person. Anyone who defends the dog and blames me is a dog nutter.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:38 am

HighLlama wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
I'm not religous either but I get very annoyed and offended everytime I see atheists call somebody an idiot for having religous beliefs. They have no respect for anyone else's opinions because they think anyone who doesn't embrace science and cold hard facts is an idiot, so I guess basically when it comes down to it they really aren't much different from those annoying Christians who are always putting down anyone who is a non-Christain. I just don't like seeing people put other people down for the sake of feeling superior and atheists are just as guilty of that crap as religous fanatics are. :roll:

Some atheists are like the religious fundamentalists. Those atheists seem to think all people take religion or religious ideas literally, therefor those believers are idiots for believing in such obviously unbelievable things (on a literal level). Science can be worshipped, too.

Question, isn't it idiocy to take it too literal or to be a hateful person or to refuse medical care for your child because of religion? Isn't it also idiocy to do terrorism because you took it so literal?

Or if these people aren't idiots, then I know what kind of people they are and they are just using religion to hide behind it. Like when I was ten, I tried to make homework be against my religion. I didn't want to do homework so I tried to hide behind my own religion.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 2:52 am

I have yet to meet one who didn't have an ableism streak a mile wide.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 5:32 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Some atheists seem to dwell on and talk about christianity extensively. Almost as if they're trying to convince themselves. They don't talk much about Judaism because that would be anti-Semitic or Islam because that would be Islamaphobic.

That’s because thr atheists you know were raised as Christians, so they’re most familiar with Christianity. Also when they criticize OT that’s the same as criticizing Judaism.

I made a thread long ago about ex-Muslim atheists and they criticize Islam extensively and brutally, sadly most of the memes links are dead:
viewtopic.php?t=320545

These memes they do are very very bold. You may find them annoying but at least they don’t bomb anyone.

Ah so yes I hadn't thought about it that way. And it does seem the most vocal atheists were raised in whatever religion they focus on. To the extent they know the Bible or Quran better than most.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 9:39 am

George Carlin wrote:
Atheism is a non-prophet organization

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 9:54 am

League_Girl wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Question, isn't it idiocy to take it too literal or to be a hateful person or to refuse medical care for your child because of religion? Isn't it also idiocy to do terrorism because you took it so literal?

Or if these people aren't idiots, then I know what kind of people they are and they are just using religion to hide behind it. Like when I was ten, I tried to make homework be against my religion. I didn't want to do homework so I tried to hide behind my own religion.

Question: Isn't it pretty f****d up when atheist scientists perform experiments on live human test subjects or create weapons that are capable of destroying millions of lives because they have no sense of humanity? Because apparently "humanity" to some atheists is just an illusion created by the religous nuts like the ones you hate.

If there really is no meaning to life I guess we should all just do whatever we want to whoever we want like Caligula did. After all according to atheists life has no meaning and in nature the strong prey on the weak all the time. I guess that should go for us humans too. f**k all those crazy illusions of morals and love that helped to create civilization! Lets go back to the caveman days when humans ate each other and men knocked women on their heads with big clubs and dragged them back to their caves by their hair to make babies. :roll:

Like it or not without things like religion (and I mean all religion not just Christianity) humans would have never learned to become civil towards each other. We were told for thousands of years that if we weren't all good little boys and girls and did like we were supposed to then bad things would happen to us and we wouldn't be rewarded with life after death.

It's just like Dr. Logan was saying in George A. Romero's Day of the Dead when talking about how humans were tricked into becoming civilized with the promise of a reward to come.

"Civility MUST be rewarded! If it isn't rewarded then there's just no use for it. There's just no use for it at all."

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 10:30 am

And yes I realize that there's more to rewarding civility than religous promises of an afterlife or threatening divine punishment for doing "evil".

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:05 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Like it or not without things like religion (and I mean all religion not just Christianity) humans would have never learned to become civil towards each other.

Pardon me while I laugh my lungs out.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:12 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Like it or not without things like religion (and I mean all religion not just Christianity) humans would have never learned to become civil towards each other.

Pardon me while I laugh my lungs out.

Laugh all you want, it's the truth!

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:16 am

Yeah religous people do sh***y things to each other. We all know that. But at least religion kept them somewhat organized for thousands of years.

It has also helped to create laws to keep the troublemakers in line.

Last edited by TW1ZTY on 16 Jan 2019, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.