Page 2 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 8:33 pm

sly279 wrote:
I think most democrats in the house won’t move to impeachment cause it’s poli suicide for a lot of them and will lose them their positions in the next election

Why would it be political suicide?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2019, 8:33 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I'd love to pickle his organs in a jar of peach preserves. Would that be considered "impeachment"?

:lol:

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 1:46 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I think most democrats in the house won’t move to impeachment cause it’s poli suicide for a lot of them and will lose them their positions in the next election

Why would it be political suicide?

I'm not sure it would be, but it would give the base something to rally around.

Interestingly:
Al-Qaeda, Arabic al-Qāʿidah (“the Base”)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 2:27 am

the GOP are our Taliban.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 2:31 am

They both favor religious fundamentalism, conservative values, and brutal punishment. They both even tend to want to outlaw alcohol. And they love guns as well as authoritarianism.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 3:15 am

they want to outlaw alky except for their own privilege. just as it was back in the days of prohibition. the commoners couldn't be trusted with alky, they thought. they mighta been right.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 3:23 am

If abortion is outlawed, expect the right to immediately go after birth control, which many of them are already describing as murder.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 3:28 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
If abortion is outlawed, expect the right to immediately go after birth control, which many of them are already describing as murder.

because if the masses can control their numbers, the upper class won't have enough cannon fodder to fight their evil wars with.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 9:16 pm

I understand abortion should be allowed, but it's very odd when I think about this...Rather than controlling yourself and using protection, "safe sex", people just go around screwing without care then go get an abortion. Sex education is taught at an early age. I understand mistakes happen but you can hardly call it a mistake when you did absolutely nothing to prevent it, as if people don't understand how women get pregnant.

Trump isn't the worst president, people over do it on the Trump thing. He does some good things and he does some bad things. Here is a little secret, Goldman Sachs, you know, the corrupt bankers which caused the 2008 housing market crash, a lot of people voted for trump because he is the first president in a long time that Goldman Sachs did not pick. What do I mean, ever notice who ever Goldman Sachs donates the most money to ends up being the president, remember that for future elections, take notice.

I don't consider myself anything but tired of our government running our country into the ground, manipulating people though media to help. That is why people are fighting for smaller government, currently our country is like a kid running wild with a credit card that doesn't understand that you can't infinitely spend money you don't have. Try living your individual life like that and see how far you get, out of control spending is going to cause our country to crash, it's a ticking time bomb. People attacked him so hard about border security, like they have 0 understanding about the difference between legal immigration & illegal immigration. Masses of people claimed he is racist for wanting better border security, that is insanity, and every Hillary & Oboma both said the exact same thing, yet it's racist when trump suggests it?? Masses of people seem to be losing their minds and I find it scary! People so ignorant and stupid that they actually physically attack people while chanting peaceful protest.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 9:34 pm

Is anyone here aware of why we have gun rights? Does anyone understand that removing gun rights will not take guns out of criminals hands? I'm truly curious. Gun rights were placed into the constitution because it is factual that all governments end up badly corrupted, repeated through history countless times, our gun rights is so we have a way to defend ourselves against an out of control government.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 9:49 pm

Crimadella wrote:
it's very odd when I think about this...Rather than controlling yourself and using protection, "safe sex", people just go around screwing without care then go get an abortion.

Well you don't have to worry because you can stop thinking that as it's not how it usually works.

https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/defaul ... 711005.pdf
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/0 ... ew-report/
https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/psr ... -2000-2001
http://americanpregnancy.org/preventing ... l-failure/

Most women have abortions because they can't afford children or because they already have children and can't afford more. There may be the occasionally crazy who has several and refuses to use birth control, but the large majority of women who get abortions are there for several reasons, including not being able to afford more kids and their birth control failing them. Many are already parents who don't want or can't afford more children. They're not out there "slutting it up" without protection and getting abortions willy-nilly like you seem to think, so you can stop thinking that now.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 10:26 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Is anyone here aware of why we have gun rights? Does anyone understand that removing gun rights will not take guns out of criminals hands? I'm truly curious. Gun rights were placed into the constitution because it is factual that all governments end up badly corrupted, repeated through history countless times, our gun rights is so we have a way to defend ourselves against an out of control government.

I believe in gun rights and stronger gun control simultaneously.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 11:36 pm

how do the swiss handle their guns? they seem to have survived having automatic weapons in many households.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 11:44 pm

Crimadella wrote:
I understand abortion should be allowed, but it's very odd when I think about this...Rather than controlling yourself and using protection, "safe sex", people just go around screwing without care then go get an abortion. Sex education is taught at an early age. I understand mistakes happen but you can hardly call it a mistake when you did absolutely nothing to prevent it, as if people don't understand how women get pregnant.

Trump isn't the worst president, people over do it on the Trump thing. He does some good things and he does some bad things. Here is a little secret, Goldman Sachs, you know, the corrupt bankers which caused the 2008 housing market crash, a lot of people voted for trump because he is the first president in a long time that Goldman Sachs did not pick. What do I mean, ever notice who ever Goldman Sachs donates the most money to ends up being the president, remember that for future elections, take notice.

I don't consider myself anything but tired of our government running our country into the ground, manipulating people though media to help. That is why people are fighting for smaller government, currently our country is like a kid running wild with a credit card that doesn't understand that you can't infinitely spend money you don't have. Try living your individual life like that and see how far you get, out of control spending is going to cause our country to crash, it's a ticking time bomb. People attacked him so hard about border security, like they have 0 understanding about the difference between legal immigration & illegal immigration. Masses of people claimed he is racist for wanting better border security, that is insanity, and every Hillary & Oboma both said the exact same thing, yet it's racist when trump suggests it?? Masses of people seem to be losing their minds and I find it scary! People so ignorant and stupid that they actually physically attack people while chanting peaceful protest.

Trump is considered a racist on the matter of immigration because of the way he spoke of Mexicans are rapists, murderers, and drug runners. When a judge ran counter to Trump on the issue, Trump referred to the Judge's Mexican ancestry, ignoring that he was an American. That, and there's the matter of white nationalists throwing their support behind Trump, and Trump either doing little to condemn them, or even calling them "very fine people."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 11:46 pm

auntblabby wrote:
how do the swiss handle their guns? they seem to have survived having automatic weapons in many households.

The Swiss have virtually zero gun violence in their society. They recognize guns as a tool for military and self defense action, not as a means of settling personal conflict.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2019, 11:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

The Swiss have virtually zero gun violence in their society. They recognize guns as a tool for military and self defense action, not as a means of settling personal conflict.

IOW they are a civilized and evolved society totally unlike us. :oops: