Page 9 of 17 [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 12:40 am

sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't see what accomplishments he has made. Also if he could simply not have the national butterfly center of the rio grande destroyed for the wall, and not build the wall over the rio grande river I'd be appreciative. I know I don't live there but it sounds like the wall would cause a lot of environmental damage there...so maybe trump could authorize a fence rather than wall through there.

Well he made it so us mentally insane aspies like me and you can get guns. Aka he protects our human rights. Just cause we are disabled and on social security doesn’t mean we don’t have the same rights as normal people. Thanks trump

It's the same orange jackass who says you, Sweetleaf, and me are autistic only because our parents had us vaccinated as children. Antivaxers are completely irresponsible and are a menace, and that includes Trump.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 12:45 am

Never heard that. I have heard Democrats say we are too dangerous to have human rights or be running around simple for being born different
Trump hasn’t taken any action against me, Democrats do on a daily basis.

Basically you’ll like I know this guy attacks you and beats you up every day but you should support him cause that other guy isn’t political correct when he speaks.

It’s a real easy decision

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 1:34 am

sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't see what accomplishments he has made. Also if he could simply not have the national butterfly center of the rio grande destroyed for the wall, and not build the wall over the rio grande river I'd be appreciative. I know I don't live there but it sounds like the wall would cause a lot of environmental damage there...so maybe trump could authorize a fence rather than wall through there.

Well he made it so us mentally insane aspies like me and you can get guns. Aka he protects our human rights. Just cause we are disabled and on social security doesn’t mean we don’t have the same rights as normal people. Thanks trump

But he wants to destroy public lands and private lands, for his ridiculous wall, I mean at best I could support a partial wall but not an entire wall across all border lands that can damage delicate ecosystems and negatively affect biodiversity and destroy habitats with endangered animals, whos habitat happens to range from central america to north america. Hes appointed coal and oil lobbyists to the epa and even wants to reduce restrictions on how much mercury can be released into the environment. Also I have heat sensitivity, things have been getting warmer over all and it actually makes me kind of sick. Its getting hotter earlier in the year in denver, it's been driving my spring allergies insane and giving me heat rashes. I have always had heat sensitivity like I have gotten sick multiple times from getting too hot. so with all this pollution and sh*t it just makes it so much worse... I'm just kind of worried about my health with the rising temperatures since I have never done too well in very hot weather.

I just want a president who can see those issues, what is wrong with clean air? Like its hard to breath all that pollution I bet if I could move up to the mountains that are a bit too severe to have people develop the s**t out of them I'd probably breathe a lot better. But this city air is just gross but its not like it just remains in the cities it gets blown over. also there are water problems in this country so building a wall over the rio grande river is likely to have unpleasant consequences. But some people are so focused on 'but illegals' they don't see this massive land grab by the government as being a bad thing, so much for supporting small government right?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 1:48 am

sly279 wrote:
Never heard that. I have heard Democrats say we are too dangerous to have human rights or be running around simple for being born different

Basically you’ll like I know this guy attacks you and beats you up every day but you should support him cause that other guy isn’t political correct when he speaks.

Well, the Dems have never hurt me. In fact, they have improved things for my LGBT friends, and what affects them, as they are my friends, affects me. And thanks to the liberals, I can see a doctor and get medication now, a thing that was prohibitive to me in the past.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 2:07 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
what is wrong with clean air? Like its hard to breath all that pollution I bet if I could move up to the mountains that are a bit too severe to have people develop the s**t out of them I'd probably breathe a lot better. But this city air is just gross but its not like it just remains in the cities it gets blown over.

Smog is a lot less now then when I grew up but
In a surprise to scientists, gains in tackling dirty air have stagnated
Quote:
Largely due to car pollution, many American cities had indeed become ridden with highly visible air pollution, or smog, which grew worse over the next few decades until the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) was created, along with the Clean Air Act, in 1970. The Clean Air Act, backed up by EPA enforcement, was strengthened in the decades that followed.

Since the 1970s and 1980s, U.S. air quality has unquestionably improved. However, new research, published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, shows that gains made in a critical component of smog, pollutants called nitrogen oxides, have slowed dramatically between 2011 and 2015. The exact cause of the slowdown is still uncertain, but finding the sources could prove more difficult under the current EPA, which has challenged independent scientific research — including the new proposal that would exclude certain public health and air pollution studies when considering changes to federal air standards.

"In a historically normal administration, this would be a conversation about putting resources into investigating the question of where these nitrogen oxide emissions are coming from," Joseph Goffman, executive director of Harvard University's environmental and energy law program, said in an interview. Goffman was not involved in the new study.

"Now, we're dealing with an EPA that is crippling its access to scientific resources," he said.

Air concentrations of nitrogen oxides — which react with sunlight to form smog — are no longer decreasing like they once were. Their downward trend slowed between 2011 and 2015 to declines of around 1.7 percent annually. This an over 75 percent slowdown when compared to the previous years, 2005 to 2009.

"Everything is declining, but it's not declining as fast as had been hoped for," Anthony Wexler, director of the UC Davis Air Quality Research Center, said in an interview. Wexler was not involved in the new study.

This new research follows the American Lung Association's 2018 State of the Air Report, released on April 18, which showed that many Americans are still exposed to unhealthy levels of smog. The greater New York City-New Jersey metropolitan area, along with eight cities in California, cracked the top ten of the Lung Association's list for the most polluted cities in America.

Air pollution harms human health in two major ways, said Wexler. The tiny, microscopic bits of particulate matter emitted largely by cars have been repeatedly linked to heart disease, including a recent 10-year study that found living near heavily-trafficked areas speeds up the thickening of heart arteries. Meanwhile, smog also harms our lungs and causes breathing problems.

When researchers compared satellite maps that measured nitrogen oxide air pollutant trends between 2005-2009 with measurements taken between 2011-2015, the researchers found a glaring discrepancy.

"We looked at the satellite data from these two different periods and thought, 'These are two very different maps'," said Helen Worden, a project scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research and a coauthor of the study, in an interview.

Initially, Worden and her team thought pollution blowing over the Pacific Ocean from China was to blame. "But that wasn’t supported by the data," she said, noting that the greatest nitrogen oxide emission increases occurred in the eastern U.S., not the western half, where more Chinese pollution would be expected.

The pollution increase, it seemed, was coming from inside the country.

It's possible that some of these air pollutants are coming from automobile emissions. Wexler pointed out that sport utility vehicles are still hugely popular, and they pump out more nitrogen oxides than smaller cars. But cars are generally much less polluting than they used to be. This is largely thanks to the introduction of catalytic converters, which convert vehicle exhaust to much less toxic pollutants.

As the study shows, the U.S. air pollution problem might be much improved overall — but it certainly isn't solved.

"It used to be when you drive in L.A. or the [California] Central Valley you would see this crap out there," said Wexler.

"It's not obvious anymore," he said. "But just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it's not killing you."

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 5:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Well, the Dems have never hurt me. In fact, they have improved things for my LGBT friends, and what affects them, as they are my friends, affects me. And thanks to the liberals, I can see a doctor and get medication now, a thing that was prohibitive to me in the past.

They’ve hurt others something you shouldn’t be ok with. They’ve hurt you too even if you don’t care. Your rights have be hurt.
Dem politicians can rot in hell.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 7:42 am

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:

They’ve hurt others something you shouldn’t be ok with. They’ve hurt you too even if you don’t care. Your rights have be hurt.

Dems and Repubs have both hurt people.

It's not really the people who support one or the other that I despise (many of them are misled). It's the politicians themselves I despise.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 8:58 am

hes a.. real estate developer .

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 9:02 am

ollychan wrote:

He is also a doctor.

Doctor Trump.

Doctor of Laws from Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania (1988)
Doctor of Humane Letters from Wagner College in Staten Island, New York (2004)
Doctor of Business Administration from Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia (2012)
Doctor of Laws from Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia (2017)

List of honors and awards received by Donald Trump
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_h ... nald_Trump

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 9:29 am

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 12:30 pm

trump cares about reelection foremost, nothing matters anymore. what do democrats care about tho, nothing either.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 1:02 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
ollychan wrote:

He is also a doctor.

Doctor Trump.

Doctor of Business Administration from Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia (2012)

Honorary doctorates are nice and all, but they should always be referred to as honorary doctorates.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 2:18 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Who?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 2:21 pm

Antrax wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
ollychan wrote:

He is also a doctor.

Doctor Trump.

Honorary doctorates are nice and all, but they should always be referred to as honorary doctorates.

You beat me to it. It's hardly like Trump ever went to those schools and studied for those degrees.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 3:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Who?

Enjoy being politically bias blind. I have nothing more to say and will start ignoring your posts.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 7:45 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Who?

Enjoy being politically bias blind. I have nothing more to say and will start ignoring your posts.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way.