Have the Progressives become the party of Big Business?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Hackerman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Mar 2019, 12:20 pm

They tried to elect a Wall Street puppet as president in 2016. They support the EU even after they passed Article 11 and Article 13, two laws designed to help Big Business at the expense of the common man. They dismiss any criticism of the corporate elites as "conspiracy theories". They support the right of corporate monopolies to censor anyone who disagrees with their politics. Most of the biggest backers of Progressivism are rich corporate moguls. Are the Progressives, and by extension the Democrats, now the party of the capitalist elites? Has the left-right political dichotomy completely flipped?

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2019, 1:44 pm

No. The conservatives are the party of big business just as well as the progressives. there is no real option for non-big-business.
All the radical centrist parties are "economically progressive" - and they are all losing votes to right-wing, anti-progress parties. Occasionally, you get centrist parties taking a right turn to get more voters, as the american conservatives have done, but wherever you go, the big parties are all economically progressive, which under neoliberalism means: puppets of big business.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2019, 1:53 pm

There's nothing "progressive" about the Democrats, and they haven't represented progressive values for over two decades.

Oscar Meyer Lansky