Sargon of Akkad and the Dirty Smear Merchants, Vegan Feminis

Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 5:53 pm

Sargon of Akkad and the Dirty Smear Merchants, Vegan Feminist 'Man Tax' Cafe is Kaput!

https://youtu.be/yrn1Y32F_bY

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 5:59 pm

It's amazing how many intellectually deficient right wingers with inflated egos swarm to YouTube .

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 6:19 pm

firemonkey wrote:
It's amazing how many intellectually deficient right wingers with inflated egos swarm to YouTube .

I am not disagreeing with what you have said, but surely you would agree that it works both ways...

In fact, far left-wing activists have a reputation for ignoring the facts and engaging in pure emotionalism and emotion manipulation without a hint of rationalism...
Daisy does make this precise point in the video... :wink:

Also:
Trusting the media while disengaging critical thinking is akin to trusting the media while disengaging critical thinking... :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 12:46 am

Pepe wrote:
In fact, far left-wing activists have a reputation for ignoring the facts and engaging in pure emotionalism and emotion manipulation without a hint of rationalism...

I've heard this, but usually from over-emotional reichwingers who will insist they're rationalists and therefore whatever position they adopt is inherently rational, no matter how irrational and overly emotional their points are.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 12:52 am

I believe the term is "dirty, dirty smear merchants".

I wouldn't categorise Sargon Of Akkad as "far-right". I'd categorise him as either a centrist, or maybe centre-right

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 3:23 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I've heard this, but usually from over-emotional reichwingers who will insist they're rationalists and therefore whatever position they adopt is inherently rational, no matter how irrational and overly emotional their points are.

I can't talk about what happens in other countries, but I see the irrationality/emotionalism of the *far* left on a "daily" (hyperbole) basis...
I am assuming you are from America?
Your mileage may vary...<shrug>

Oh, btw...
I don't know Sargon of Akkad from a bar of soap...<shrug>
I.E.: I'm not a fanboy... :wink:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 12:07 pm

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I can't talk about what happens in other countries, but I see the irrationality/emotionalism of the *far* left on a "daily" (hyperbole) basis...

Of course they're irrational. They disagree with a self-proclaimed rationalist. :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 3:18 pm

The Sargon thing is deeply fascinating. The press smear campaign is astonishing. And Sargon is just completely unfettered by political correctness, indeed, he's completely in opposition to it so in many ways acting completely the opposite to the norm for someone in his situation. No apologising, laying into the press and not taking their s**t. It's wonderfully cathartic. I'm super curious to see how it all turns out. I hope he does well to just shatter this mainstream political correctness.

Right now he's on a tour of his election zone to try and become an MEP. And he simply goes to a public place outdoors, sits himself down and talks to people one on one. No restrictions at all, they can talk about literally anything they want. And then the conversations are uploaded in full to YouTube and Facebook. These too are fascinating to watch.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 7:13 pm

Drake wrote:
The Sargon thing is deeply fascinating. The press smear campaign is astonishing. And Sargon is just completely unfettered by political correctness, indeed, he's completely in opposition to it so in many ways acting completely the opposite to the norm for someone in his situation. No apologising, laying into the press and not taking their s**t. It's wonderfully cathartic. I'm super curious to see how it all turns out. I hope he does well to just shatter this mainstream political correctness.

Many journalists these days seem to have graduated from the school of Sewage and Sycophantism...
The degree of disgust many people have toward the ministry of fake news is palpable...
Why would you want to become part of the journalistic fraternity these days?
Ewww...<hold nose>

Beware the naive idealists...
This is no place for you...
You will be shattered and disillusioned...

Apparently, part of the pre-requisite for becoming a journalist these days is to excel in contextual sodomy...
This used to be the domain of politicians...
Is it ignorance or malicious intent?
If I were a cynical person I would say the latter...
Psst! I am a cynical person... :wink:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2019, 9:45 am

I'm a long-time viewer of Sargons and I find these escapades utterly hilarious. I hope he gets elected to be MEP.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2019, 8:25 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
I'm a long-time viewer of Sargons and I find these escapades utterly hilarious. I hope he gets elected to be MEP.

Sounds like I should research him...

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2019, 7:27 pm

Don't know anything about him, except that he's supposed to be a troll. And now he joined UKIP.
The latter is the thing that makes him morally reprehensible for me.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2019, 5:14 am

Racist, troll, nazi, misogynist, alt-right etc. He's been called all these things, and he is none of them. Hence why he called the media and I quote "dirty, dirty smear merchants" to their face. Which was hilarious.

As for UKIP, from what I gather, it's a different party under Batten than it was under Farage. plus I think their reputation for being literal nazis may be a bit overinflated. Besides, if your core question is once more to deliver Brexit, what other British party would make sense to join?

Since he's running for MEP, he's currently doing a tour of his potential future constituency. Just going to random city centers with a table and chairs and talking to people. Sure wish more politicians had that approach.

This one was pretty funny:

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2019, 5:27 am

It was stupid and egotistic of him to even run. He isn't an extremist but has made some stupid jokes. I knew the media would lie about him but not to the point they would make him out to be pro child rape. The problem is other youtubers suck up to him and feed his ego. I have been subbed to him for a few years but this really annoys me because I really like UKIP under Batten.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2019, 5:55 am

He does have bit of an ego, and I do get that his personality grates on some people. But I believe him when he says that he doesn't even want to run, and I don't think he's running for ego reasons.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2019, 5:59 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
He does have bit of an ego, and I do get that his personality grates on some people. But I believe him when he says that he doesn't even want to run, and I don't think he's running for ego reasons.

Apparently Batten getting Sargon in was about finances, as UKIP was on the edge of bankruptcy all those new members saved it. I think its fine for him to be work for UKIP but he is a massive own goal. 57 year old Joan from Hull isn't going to look into what he actually believes she is going to read the headlines about him and then not vote for UKIP because of it.