On ya ScoMo. You won the unwinnable election!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 9:22 am

Scott Morrison.
Australia's newly elected prime minister against all odds. :salut:

Autistic/scout motto: "Give me a better argument and I will listen..."
"Honesty is not a social duty, not a sacrifice for the sake of others, but the most profoundly selfish virtue man can practice: his refusal to sacrifice the reality of his own existence to the deluded consciousness of others."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8) I'm a rationalist...Deal with it...:mrgreen:

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 6:15 am

Pepe wrote:
Scott Morrison.

Only until the next leadership spill. Wonder who we'll get in 6 months.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2019, 8:06 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Scott Morrison.

Only until the next leadership spill. Wonder who we'll get in 6 months.

Even though I heard today it isn't legally binding, both parties have included a clause in their internal regulations that the leader can't be rolled in the first term.

Staggering that the Liberal Party didn't learn from the disaster of the Labor party leader swapping fetish.
How dumb is dumb?

BTW:
Getup! thinks they won a victory by helping to get Tony Abbott kicked out.
All they have done is to make Scott Morrison's leadership more secure. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
And having so many moderates voluntarily resigning from the Liberal Party, there is even less political instability on the conservative side.

Disclosure:
I'm am a moderate conservative.
But I am not a Liberal supporter since the royal banking commission.
The factional back-biting always pissed me orf, but I just bit the bullet.

"At the end of the day", I think it is a good thing in terms of social and economic stability that Labor didn't win.
And I really have a major, major, problem with self-righteousness and virtual signalling.

I reckon we should bring back Hawkey.
The Hawke & Keating Government was the best left-wing government we ever had.
I will say it was one of the best governments Australia has ever had, period. :wink:

Autistic/scout motto: "Give me a better argument and I will listen..."
"Honesty is not a social duty, not a sacrifice for the sake of others, but the most profoundly selfish virtue man can practice: his refusal to sacrifice the reality of his own existence to the deluded consciousness of others."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8) I'm a rationalist...Deal with it...:mrgreen: