Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 6:32 pm

What could it be? I highly doubt it's because he gave a damn about the lives of 150 Iranians. Maybe on some level he realized that doing this would potentially turn so many countries against us and start a World War 3? I think he was thinking about his own ass more than he was the asses of those Iranian people that would end up as collateral damage.

Plus he has another big election coming up. Maybe he's trying to actually play politics for once by saying "Hey look at me! I didn't kill 150 civilians! See how nice I really am? Now vote for me!"

Just like reaching out to the LGBT community for support after trying to pass laws to prevent us from joining the military and allowing doctors to deny us health care. :roll:

I don't trust the sonnavabitch.

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 7:01 pm

I don't trust him either, but I think for now he has understood that a war against Iran will be to costly. Financially and politically. And as much as he or someone in his administration might want to start this war, they must be realizing that Iran is like Afghanistan and Iraq in all it's worst aspects, like, being unoccupyable in the medium to long term, but different in that it has 80 million people and can actually put up a fight before the US can briefly bring it under control only to lose it again and conjure something way worse that will infest the region.
Oh, plus it'll probably lead to an all out arab israeli war. Maybe someone told him that proslect could cost him votes...

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 7:07 pm

shlaifu wrote:
I don't trust him either, but I think for now he has understood that a war against Iran will be to costly. Financially and politically. And as much as he or someone in his administration might want to start this war, they must be realizing that Iran is like Afghanistan and Iraq in all it's worst aspects, like, being unoccupyable in the medium to long term, but different in that it has 80 million people and can actually put up a fight before the US can briefly bring it under control only to lose it again and conjure something way worse that will infest the region.
Oh, plus it'll probably lead to an all out arab israeli war. Maybe someone told him that proslect could cost him votes...

That actually would make more sense to me.

oloolo7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2019, 7:32 pm

whats the reason for doing it

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 7:37 pm

i am sooooooooo SICK OF THAT POS.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 7:55 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i am sooooooooo SICK OF THAT POS.

Same here! :x

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 8:10 pm

You know who I REALLY don't trust? His cult of MAGAs who would defend him no matter what, even if he did go through with dropping a nuclear bomb on Iran.

Those people scare the f**k out of me more than he does! I really hope there's not enough of them to cause a violent riot if he loses the election. :|

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 8:22 pm

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY wrote:
You know who I REALLY don't trust? His cult of MAGAs who would defend him no matter what, even if he did go through with dropping a nuclear bomb on Iran. Those people scare the f**k out of me more than he does! I really hope there's not enough of them to cause a violent riot if he loses the election. :|

you're preaching to the choir here. there ARE [unfortunately] enough of those kind to cause serious mischief. i put nothing past them. NOTHING.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 12:47 am

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 12:51 am

Seriously, get a grip. Trump stops a war and you blame him.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 4:00 am

He is a bully and bullies usually skirt away when they know somebody will fight back. He backed off his mass deportation order also.

The worst thing one can do threaten then not follow through. No two presidents in a row have not followed through on their threats. If am another country I would view the US as a paper tiger who is only willing to fight when there will be minimal to no causalities.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 24 Jun 2019, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 4:04 am

to his supporters he can do no wrong, he could murder somebody on fifth avenue and only get plaudits. if he was caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy* he'd only get applause from his supporters.
*a quote from an earlier pol

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 10:56 am

auntblabby wrote:
to his supporters he can do no wrong, he could murder somebody on fifth avenue and only get plaudits. if he was caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy* he'd only get applause from his supporters.

Then there's his haters who would call him a Nazi for saving a kitten. Rational people criticise him when he does something bad and praise him when he does something good. His critics are worse than his supporters.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 11:07 am

JohnPowell wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Then there's his haters who would call him a Nazi for saving a kitten. Rational people criticise him when he does something bad and praise him when he does something good. His critics are worse than his supporters.

I call BS on that. When the f**k did Trump ever save a kitten? :cat:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 12:10 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Just wait, he might do it as a stunt for the election campaign :P

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2019, 12:17 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Just wait, he might do it as a stunt for the election campaign :P