The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 1:06 pm

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 1:18 pm

People like to travel the world so they can learn about the world. If people learn about the world and about its people, there would definitely be less prejudice.

My prejudices, for the most part, stemmed from ignorance.

They should make sure they have enough funds to do so, though. They really shouldn't beg from the local populace. That would be absolutely ridiculous.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 7:21 am

This made me laugh.

I am not far from the Appalachian Trail and we have scummy people who may or may not be hiking it sitting about our towns and cities here with signs and “camping” gear all the time. I say it like that because some of the people are purposely homeless and masquerade as hikers OR as a person in genuine need (“car broke” “vet getting on my feet” etc).

You’ll see them sometimes being dropped off by a person in a very nice car. Sometimes you’ll see a group of them together away from the road under an overpass or in the woods and they’ll take shifts standing on the corner. They’re rude, entitled, and dangerous.

It makes me feel bad for the die hard real hikers because they are out there in the wild with these dangerous people. It’s not like Mount Everest. The “AT” is full of human wildlife.