If you were running for the president of the world

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 7:16 am

If you were running as a candidate for president of the world, what would your policies / promises / ideals be?

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 7:20 am

Against Discrimination.
Legalise / decriminalise illegal drugs / promoting rehab / education / prevention.
Eradicate Poverty - give everyone life essentials (housing / food / clothing / medical care)
Get all incurable sex attackers such as molestors put in isolation away from society
prisons that educate and rehabilitate instead of punish and concentrate (the badness)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 9:15 am

I wouldn't want that headache, thank you!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 9:21 am

In addition to the above general platform as compiled by MadnotMad, I would make sure that the many ethnic identities and background be respected, rather than repressed.

The Romans had a vast Empire----they, generally, respected the ethnic identity of those whom they conquered.

The world is richer because there are Bantu (and all the hundreds ethnicities of Africa), Arab, Slovokian, Finnish, English, Inuit, Cree, Mayan, Incan, Australian Aboriginals, Maoris, (the hundreds of ethnicities) of New Guinea, Japanese, Chinese, Mongolian, Uzbek, Circassian, and many, many others.

I wouldn't like going to a Tibetan village----and seeing American billboards.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 9:31 am

kraftiekortie,

I like runners, tennis players and various athletes from many of the ethnic groups you mentioned!

Tennis players-Spaniards, Russians/Uzbek Russian, Serbians, Japanese, German
Runners- Greeks, Finns, British, Ethiopians, Kenyans, Japanese, Koreans, Moroccans, French/Algerian and runners from independent Algeria
Gymnasts-Americans, Russians, Ukrainians
Figure skaters-Americans, Russians, Ukrainians

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 9:56 am

I believe we must maintain the variety which is the essence of humanity.

We should have the many sovereign countries that we have now. I wish we'd get along better, though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2019, 5:57 pm

There would be no more guns, meat would be grown in a lab, war would be outlawed and every child would be born. It would be a lot easier to adopt. Disability discrimination would be illegal and only peaceful souls will be able to train to be teachers. My flag would be a peace-sign against a tie-dyed backdrop and this would by my chosen anthem for the world:

I guess that everyone knows what my favourite song really is, now. :flower: