23 Dec 2023, 1:35 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
Erewhon wrote:
:wink: 8)

Maybe the antichrist will be a girl? :chin: :twisted:

Maybe "Christ" WAS the antichrist.

And the real deal will be...a girl!

Maybe... I feel like the teachings of Jesus goes completely against human nature so the 'Antichrist' will come to set things straight and force us all to embrace our darker and more selfish nature. In other words human nature. :lol:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2023, 5:09 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
I've read a lot on this forum about how Christianity fits perfetly well with having Aspergers.

But I don't understand why. Religion is all about conforming to a set of ideas regardless of your own original thoughts on the matter.

I've had a great interest in Christianity and early Judaism for the past 15 years, but my interest always centered around the true origins of the so-called "holy scripture", which is why I've found archaeologists like Israel Finkelstein and theologians like Robert Beckford the most trustworthy scholars of the old and new testament, respectively, compared to biased Christian archaeologists/theologians.

But the science of the bible contradicts what Christians believe in. They claim that Jesus literally rise from the dead and that the stories of the old testament are literally true.

I would have guessed aspies with a special interest in the Bible would be much more sceptical about it than NT's, due to the acquired knowledge of scientific research into the studies of the actual texts and origins.

Why am I wrong?

You're not entirely wrong. Overall, Aspies are less religious than average. Certain traits predispose us towards non-theism, though there are a couple of traits that favour theism. So the picture is somewhat mixed, though as a broad generalisation we're less likely to be religious.

https://escholarship.org/content/qt6zh3 ... 99502e.pdf