Hollywood set to release a batch of far-right movies

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 2:17 pm

Talk about stirring the isht pot and profiteering from both sides of the problem.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 8:16 pm

Oh dear.

But then... If Kevin Sorbo is in it, I wouldn't exactly call it "Hollywood" - but it might be some cringeworthy b-movie fun!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 8:11 pm

shlaifu wrote:
Oh dear.

But then... If Kevin Sorbo is in it, I wouldn't exactly call it "Hollywood" - but it might be some cringeworthy b-movie fun!

Straight to Redbox.

Moretto
Raven
Raven

Location: 01 Oakes Vetoh Lemala, Zeydin Seetznin, Hanow, Cassonie

09 Sep 2019, 8:35 pm

Hollywood...far right.....wha...??????

*head explodes*

"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive." - Baldwin

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 8:54 pm

shlaifu wrote:
Oh dear.

I know a lot about the movie business and didn't know who Kevin Sorbo was. It appears he's actually a fairly successful TV actor, making guest appearances in many mainstream shows and having a regular role on Andromeda.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 1:27 am

Antrax wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
Oh dear.

I know a lot about the movie business and didn't know who Kevin Sorbo was. It appears he's actually a fairly successful TV actor, making guest appearances in many mainstream shows and having a regular role on Andromeda.

What's weird is I don't when it comes to most actor's names, but for some reason I believe Kevin Sorbo played Hercules along side Xena the warrior princess back in the 90s. Xena was played by Lucy Lawless. Damn how do I know that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 2:11 am

EzraS wrote:
Antrax wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
Oh dear.

What's weird is I don't when it comes to most actor's names, but for some reason I believe Kevin Sorbo played Hercules along side Xena the warrior princess back in the 90s. Xena was played by Lucy Lawless. Damn how do I know that.

I watched it first run. I actually preferred the sci-fi series Sorbo did. He didn't do his career any favors when he started making crap like God's Not Dead.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 3:07 am

"Right Wing" violent fantasy movies are not new. "Rambo", "Death Wish", "Dirty Harry" etc.

They get made because there is enough of an audience for them to be profitable.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman