Male rage and the words men use to describe Greta Thunberg

Page 6 of 9 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 7:12 am

Magna wrote:
Pepe wrote:
By-the-way, what is the consensus anyway?
I have yet to find anyone brave or cluey enough to definitively, err, define what "the consensus" position is.
Would you like to take a crack at it?
Please? :mrgreen:

That's the genius of taking action on 'climate change'. I've said it before and I'll say it again and again and again: 'Climate change' is the most perfect vehicle for controlling all aspects of people's lives on a global scale that has been or probably ever will be devised. It's perfect because it's nebulous, it's ever changing and therefore forever in need of modification. Implement rules X, Y and Z to limit, change, prevent or punish behaviors A, B and C. That didn't work? Implement additional rules E, J, R to further limit, change, prevent or punish behaviors of the masses. That didn't work? No matter: Implement additional rules.......... Never questioned. Always right and always with an urgency that will never go away. It's behavior modification and control in perpetuity. I can not believe that I'm the only person that sees the potential danger in this.

I see the same thing. It's all about control. The biggest proponents of it are also the PC "progressive" crowd. What you described is what I fear regarding my future. I see it as a far greater threat than climate change.

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 7:27 am

Speaking of control, I think if we end up living in a Republican Evangelical Christian-controlled country they're gonna lock people just like me up in prison, or worse.

I'll end up a victim of religous persecution by fanatical nutjobs who tolerate Trump and Pence because they believe those two are helping them to gain more power and influence over the country. It's always about power and control with Christiains...

^ Me vs The Evangelical Trump Supporters

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 7:40 am

DoTheTw1zt wrote:
Speaking of control, I think if we end up living in a Republican Evangelical Christian-controlled country they're gonna lock people just like me up in prison, or worse.

No, it's only the evul liberalz who try to censor and control people. There's never been any connection between religion and censorship. /sarcasm

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 7:46 am

More like the gullible liberals who don't realize what they are ultimately going to end up with.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 7:55 am

Those untrustworthy liberalz. Let's trust in the oil companies instead.

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 7:56 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Those untrustworthy liberalz. Let's trust in the oil companies instead.

Yeah! We can use their oil to burn those liberal heretics at the stake! :P

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 7:57 am

DoTheTw1zt wrote:

I'll end up a victim of religous persecution by fanatical nutjobs who tolerate Trump and Pence because they believe those two are helping them to gain more power and influence over the country. It's always about power and control with Christiains...

Trump is a fart in the wind. It's the long term picture you should consider. From what I hear there is a steady increase in STDs. Do you think those who want to control what we consume in the guise of making us healthier won't also want to control sex to protect us from STDs and to prevent unwanted pregnancies to keep the population down in their effort to control climate change to save us from extinction.

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 8:05 am

EzraS wrote:
DoTheTw1zt wrote:

Trump is a fart in the wind. It's the long term picture you should consider. From what I hear there is a steady increase in STDs. Do you think those who want to control what we consume in the guise of making us healthier won't also want to control sex to protect us from STDs and to prevent unwanted pregnancies to keep the population down in their effort to control climate change to save us from extinction.

From what I understand millennials are having less "unwanted pregnancies" now and most of them are choosing not have children because it's too expensive, and the Evangelicals hate that because they think we all need to be forced to engage in heterosexual marriages and pop out as many babies as possible to keep the American population alive.

As for the STD thing, science can fight that a helluva lot better than Christians do. Their idea of combating STDs is shaming anybody who contracts one and pretending like sex does not exist. :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 8:05 am

Many people who are “progressives” these days are not necessarily into “free love” like the hippies were 40-50 years ago.

They want to control the population and advocate having less children. They tend to be careful in their choice of partners.

“Progressive”—usually not hippie-like. Especially in the Millennial generation. In fact, they are rather cautious and strait-laced in sexual matters.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 8:16 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
They want to control the population and advocate having less children.

You don't need control or strict rules to convince people to have less children. A drop in the infant mortality rate does wonders for family planning.

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 8:18 am

In China they have the One Child law...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 8:28 am

For excellent reasons: their population is almost five times the US's. About 1.4 billion (for China) vs. about 350 million (for the US).

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 8:32 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
For excellent reasons: their population is almost five times the US's. About 1.4-1.5 billion (for China) vs. about 350 million (for the US).

So they have a good reason for doing it, even if the law seems cruel and inhumane by our standards.

I think it's nice that the younger generation of Americans are choosing to have less kids without a law being passed to force them to do it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 8:34 am

There's really a very low rate of population growth in the United States.

DoTheTw1zt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2019, 8:38 am

I think it's probably a good thing. There's way too many people in the world.

My crazy aunt once told me she "loved war" because it "cuts down the human population".

I so badly wanted to tell her "So does birth control!", especially because this was a woman who got knocked up 7 times since she was 15 and never bothered to take care of her own children. :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 8:40 am

Your "crazy aunt" might have read a little too much Thomas Malthus.....