Page 3 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 7:09 am

Luhluhluh wrote:
She's not running, you guys.

This is basically an opinion piece from the National Review, an obviously conservative news outlet.

It's scaremongering and sh!t-disturbing - two of the things that the right-wing does best.

It is her own words not the National Review that touched off this speculation.

The National Review piece is a column that analyzes her chances should she run. That is exactly my purpose in creating the thread. Analyzing both the likelihood of a candidate running and the chances of them winning is about an appropriate a topic as there is for the PPR section. While I and the writer gave our opinions the piece also quoted the opinions of a number of political professionals.

Back on topic.
CNN has a piece saying no way she is running, it is all a joke, she is trolling Trump. I don’t buy it, trolling is not a thing she does, a main reason she lost is that she was considered “cold”.

In my opinion if she does not run it will be because the polling shows she has no chance or a clear winner of the Dem nomination emerges.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 8:10 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Her own words were (from the PBS transcript):

WOODRUFF: Well, he's come back at you several times.

In fact, he tweeted just this morning. And I'm going to quote.

He said: "I think that crooked Hillary Clinton should try to enter the race to try and steal it away from uber-left Elizabeth Warren. Only one condition: The crooked one must explain all of her high crimes and misdemeanors, including how and why she deleted 33,000 e-mails."

CLINTON: Yes.

You know, it truly is remarkable how obsessed he remains with me. But this latest tweet is so typical of him. Nothing has been more examined and looked at than my e-mails. We all know that. So he's either lying or delusional, or both.

There was no subpoena, as he says in a tweet this morning. So maybe there does need to be a rematch. Obviously, I can beat him again.

But, just seriously, I don't understand, I don't think anybody understands what motivates him, other than personal grievance, other than seeking adulation..." END QUOTE

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... again.html

So... quite obviously her words have been taken completely out of context by the National Review to stir up manufactured controversy. Manufactured controversy, I might add, that was STARTED by Dump himself in his lame tweet. :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 9:00 am

I believe Hillary knows that running in 2020 is something which is extremely ill-advised---to say the least.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 10:53 am

Delete Duplicate post

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 30 Oct 2019, 11:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 11:03 am

Hillary and Trump running again would be like beating a dead horse....

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 11:09 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Basically yeah. Conservatives love to remain angry. Anything to keep them stirred up.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 11:13 am

Luhluhluh wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Basically yeah. Conservatives love to remain angry. Anything to keep them stirred up.

I am sure they will find a way to be just as angry at Warren or Biden.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 11:15 am

Luhluhluh wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Her own words were (from the PBS transcript):

WOODRUFF: Well, he's come back at you several times.

In fact, he tweeted just this morning. And I'm going to quote.

He said: "I think that crooked Hillary Clinton should try to enter the race to try and steal it away from uber-left Elizabeth Warren. Only one condition: The crooked one must explain all of her high crimes and misdemeanors, including how and why she deleted 33,000 e-mails."

CLINTON: Yes.

You know, it truly is remarkable how obsessed he remains with me. But this latest tweet is so typical of him. Nothing has been more examined and looked at than my e-mails. We all know that. So he's either lying or delusional, or both.

There was no subpoena, as he says in a tweet this morning. So maybe there does need to be a rematch. Obviously, I can beat him again.

But, just seriously, I don't understand, I don't think anybody understands what motivates him, other than personal grievance, other than seeking adulation..." END QUOTE

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... again.html

So... quite obviously her words have been taken completely out of context by the National Review to stir up manufactured controversy. Manufactured controversy, I might add, that was STARTED by Dump himself in his lame tweet. :roll:

“Maybe there does need to be a rematch, Obviously I can beat him again” .

In the OP I go against conventional wisdom to argue why she would win a rematch. I and the people quoted in the article do agree it will be difficult but possible to win the nomination.

Pretty straightforward as to why some of us might think her “joking” is not really joking at all.

While coming from a conservative point of view there maybe no nefarious intent in the NR article, a lot of people into politics like to discuss various possible scenarios, the horse race if you will.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 11:15 am

True.

But at least Warren and Biden aren't Hillary Clinton.

People hated her for just being a Clinton. And for being HILLARY Clinton. And for being a woman running for President, too. A combination.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 11:17 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
True.

But at least Warren and Biden aren't Hillary Clinton.

People hated her for just being a Clinton. And for being a woman running for President, too. A combination.

Is Warren a hermaphrodite?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 11:19 am

no more a hermaphrodite than the righties's hero ayn coulter. or ayn rand, for that matter. :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 11:19 am

Warren is a woman. End of story.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 11:22 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Warren is a woman. End of story.

I jokingly asked is she a hermaphrodite because you said being a woman is half the reason people hate Hillary. I didn't understand how Warren would be any better if the gender was that important.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 11:31 am

It's a damn shame----but gender still is very important when it comes to politics and that sort of thing.

Especially in the older generation, people are still not used to women running for President.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 11:35 am

it's like those people never heard of thatcher.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 11:36 am

^That's actually very possible....