Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Metal Rat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2019, 3:47 am

:D It always seemed weird. Though both Jews and Blacks complain about being stereotyped, they are stereotyped in opposite ways. Jews are depicted as very intelligent but not athletic, and conversely Blacks are stereotyped as not very intelligent but truly athletic. It is almost like Jews are perceived as the Bookworms of Humanity; the Blacks, the Jocks. I wonder if the rest of you have noticed that too?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 5:43 am

Authors of pseudo scientific books promoting racism will always trot out IQ tests showing that Blacks score a few points lower than Whites (on average) to prove their points. But these same author always gloss over how those same tests also show that east Asians score a few points higher than Whites, and how Jews score a little higher than Gentiles.

You would think that these authors (like Dr. Shockley) would be consistent. If you wanna take away votes from Blacks based on their thinking, then you should give Jews, and East Asians (Japanese, Koreans, Chinese, Vietnamese), a double vote in elections. But...for some reason...these (usually White Gentile)authors never advocate that. I wonder why?

Metal Rat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2019, 8:49 am

Well, they also cite crime statistics too!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 8:54 am

Those are stereotypes....that’s it!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 9:13 am

Metal Rat wrote:
Well, they also cite crime statistics too!
The same statistics that fail to take into account the economic status of the sample populations.  It's well-known that wealthy people tend to be arrested and convicted less often than poor people; and when they are sentenced, wealthy people tend to receive lesser sentences at more "resort-like" prisons than poor people.

Those same statistics focus on two disparate sample populations: wealthy white people and poor black people.  Why not also include poor white people and wealthy black people?  Racial bias, that's why!

Race-based studies always seem to leave out crucial data that would better enable intelligent people to draw their own well-informed conclusions.  Once you determine that important data has been omitted, it becomes easier to see the racist bias behind the data.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 9:51 am

I can see this is going to be one of those threads....statistics are going to be presented saying blacks are more prone to crime.

Been there, done that. It's the same old song.

In my experience, a black person and a white person raised in the same environment will come out similarly. There is no racial difference in intelligence.

Why must people prove "black inferiority"?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 9:57 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I can see this is going to be one of those threads....statistics are going to be presented saying blacks are more prone to crime.
Don't worry.  Eventually the OP will post something blatantly racist, the mods will be alerted, and the thread will be locked.
kraftiekortie wrote:
Why must people prove "black inferiority"?
Racism is as racists do, and haters gotta hate.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2019, 10:20 am

Metal Rat wrote:
:D It always seemed weird. Though both Jews and Blacks complain about being stereotyped, they are stereotyped in opposite ways. Jews are depicted as very intelligent but not athletic, and conversely Blacks are stereotyped as not very intelligent but truly athletic. It is almost like Jews are perceived as the Bookworms of Humanity; the Blacks, the Jocks. I wonder if the rest of you have noticed that too?

Both groups ARE stereotyped in those two contrasting ways. So ...why are you complaining about those two groups complaining about it? Both complaints are legit complaints about real issues.

You should ask the bigots of the world why they hate folks for contradictory reasons.

Metal Rat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2019, 10:36 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Metal Rat wrote:

Both groups ARE stereotyped in those two contrasting ways. So ...why are you complaining about those two groups complaining about it? Both complaints are legit complaints about real issues.

You should ask the bigots of the world why they hate folks for contradictory reasons.

Perhaps, that is a good point. I might do so!