What do you hate most about your own country?

Page 8 of 14 [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:21 am

Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
I guess Americans should have the right to torture POWs and murder civilians because they are special or something.

Japan broke the contract with France and occupied Airfields. All we did was stop giving them oil because of it and THEY bombed Pearl Harbor. Damn... are you saying that we should've kept selling it to them so they could kill more people? You're speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Life doesn't become more precious simply because it's lost, en masse. It's either precious, or it isn't. Which is it? You sound like the people in the US who only get stirred up when a kid brings a gun to a school, but screw the poor kids in dangerous neighborhoods who get shot, one by one, by their neighbor.

They bombed a military base that wasn't even in the US. The US nukes 2 cities.

They attacked a part of the US ARMY. That's an act of war. The US nuked two cities after HOW LONG, John? Three friggin years, and they had a way out. But, they broke the treaty and occupied critical Indochina airfields. You're just like Twizty. You don't care how many people die as long as it's an orderly process. Load, fire, drop dead, repeat... As opposed to load, fire, all drop dead and no repeat. God forbid 300, 000 people all fall dead at once, instead of 3,000 a day for 100 days. :roll:

No one had to die. Japan had agreed to surrender and the US just did the same deal with them after the nukes were dropped that Japan wanted before the bombing. It is beyond sick what you are defending.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:22 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
one nuke was necessary, two was too much (IIRC the japanese government was already moving to surrender before the second bomb dropped)

B.S. They had agreed to surrender before the first bomb.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:26 am

TW1ZTY wrote:

Whenever something like this gets exposed on the news the 'average American' will act shocked for 10 minutes and then go back to their lives like nothing ever happened.

What exactly is going on in this picture?

What do you do, Twizty? Do you crash your car through the walls to stop it?
What am I supposed to do? I'm against torture.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:28 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
one nuke was necessary, two was too much (IIRC the japanese government was already moving to surrender before the second bomb dropped)

How? Where's the document? I would like to read it. Can you tell me where it's located? It's part of history, it should be available to the public.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:32 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
I guess Americans should have the right to torture POWs and murder civilians because they are special or something.

Japan broke the contract with France and occupied Airfields. All we did was stop giving them oil because of it and THEY bombed Pearl Harbor. Damn... are you saying that we should've kept selling it to them so they could kill more people? You're speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Life doesn't become more precious simply because it's lost, en masse. It's either precious, or it isn't. Which is it? You sound like the people in the US who only get stirred up when a kid brings a gun to a school, but screw the poor kids in dangerous neighborhoods who get shot, one by one, by their neighbor.

They bombed a military base that wasn't even in the US. The US nukes 2 cities.

They attacked a part of the US ARMY. That's an act of war. The US nuked two cities after HOW LONG, John? Three friggin years, and they had a way out. But, they broke the treaty and occupied critical Indochina airfields. You're just like Twizty. You don't care how many people die as long as it's an orderly process. Load, fire, drop dead, repeat... As opposed to load, fire, all drop dead and no repeat. God forbid 300, 000 people all fall dead at once, instead of 3,000 a day for 100 days. :roll:

No one had to die. Japan had agreed to surrender and the US just did the same deal with them after the nukes were dropped that Japan wanted before the bombing. It is beyond sick what you are defending.

John, I dislike you. Therefore, I do not give two s**ts what you think of me. I actually like Twizty, even though he hates me. Anything I say to you is relegated to boredom. Go join the Palestinians as see how that works out for you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:33 am

Yeah.....we have lives to live. And so do you.

Are you going to live in a state of anger about with Americans because of what a few Americans do? I find that ridiculous.

I was molested by a gay man once.....does that make me angry at all gay men because of that?

I'm a Jew. 6,000,000 Jews were killed in the Holocaust by the Nazis. Should I be angry at all Germans because of that?

I never tortured anybody in my life. And I'm not for torture now. I believe in the Geneva Convention.

What we have to do....is seek to prevent this sort of thing in the future.

Have you ever seen films of the Holocaust? I feel like if you did, they would be instructive. The Americans, the Russians, and all the Allies stopped the Holocaust in 1945.

You being angry at all Americans because of what you posted-----is like me being mad at all Germans because of the Holocaust films.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 11 Nov 2019, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:37 am

[quote="Persephone29"][quote="TW1ZTY"]
Whenever something like this gets exposed on the news the 'average American' will act shocked for 10 minutes and then go back to their lives like nothing ever happened.[/quo

So I'm supposed to just keep quiet about the many atrocious things our country has done because I myself can't drive a car through a wall to stop it? Because I'm such a 'drama queen' and it inconviences people like you who don't want to admit to themselves how truly powerless they really are in this so-called "Land of the Free"?

Last edited by The_Walrus on 11 Nov 2019, 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.: remove offensive image

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:39 am

I never said you should "keep quiet."

All I said is not to blame all Americans for the actions of a few.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:40 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Are you going to live in a state of anger about with Americans because of what a few Americans do?

When they don't suffer any consequences for it, yes.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:41 am

Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

How? Where's the document? I would like to read it. Can you tell me where it's located? It's part of history, it should be available to the public.

Go to the war memorial at Hiroshima.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:42 am

I'm not "suffering any consequences" for what a few nutty soldiers do.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:47 am

What got you all wound up this morning, anyway?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:49 am

I guess the fact that I'm such a 'drama queen'.
:queen: :roll:

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:49 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
Whenever something like this gets exposed on the news the 'average American' will act shocked for 10 minutes and then go back to their lives like nothing ever happened.

What exactly is going on in this picture?

What do you do, Twizty? Do you crash your car through the walls to stop it?
What am I supposed to do? I'm against torture.

To answer your first question: rape and torture.

So I'm supposed to just keep quiet about the many atrocious things our country has done because I myself can't drive a car through a wall to stop it? Because I'm such a 'drama queen' and it inconviences people like you who don't want to admit to themselves how truly powerless they really are in this so-called "Land of the Free"?

Rape? Torture? Where? I see a bunch of bare assed men building a cheerleading pyramid. Now, the other pictures you posted seem torturous. I am against torture. You are introducing a new topic into this thread and the initial comment you made, which is fine. Except you're only just now asking me or others how we feel about torture. Again, I'm against it. And for the second or third time, I lost count actually, me calling you dramatic has nothing to do with convictions. I think convictions are great. I might not agree with how you reached your idea of the convictions you hold, but I believe you are passionate about people you feel bad for. That's one of the reasons why I like you.

What I do find dramatic is the way you flounce out of a conversations SCREAMING at me, in ALL CAPS, when I present to you contrasting sides. That's all I find dramatic about you. Not your convictions...

Unlike John Powell, who I hate, because every stance he takes is simply a contrary one.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:52 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm not "suffering any consequences" for what a few nutty soldiers do.

It's not that I want you to suffer for it, I'd rather the soldiers have been properly punished for it. But since the ones from WW2 are all dead now it aint gonna happen.

The ones responsible for Abu Ghraib are still around though... I bet I could find countless other modern examples of the US doing this kind of thing if I searched through google.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:53 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

Go to the war memorial at Hiroshima.

Are you fekkin kidding me? Where in the US can I view these documents?

You go to Palestine, join the rebels and report back.