Page 6 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 2:28 pm

I see nothing wrong with sex work. It is not the same a trafficking. I think that is where most people are confused because they think women are being trafficked. No, there is a difference between a sex worker and a sex slave. None of us are slaves just because we all work for a living. Sex workers are also making money for an extra income. I consider it a gig and I think it's a female privilege. Maybe men are just jealous because us women can use our bodies for horny men and they give us money to see our content. We need horny men or else there would be no sex work and just as long as you keep buying their content, there will continue being sex workers.

Today you don't need to prostitute or go to a strip bar, you can do it all online, make your own videos and put them online on websites where you can sell your content. Or you can join onlyfans and people have to pay a fee every month to keep following your page and seeing your content you post.

It's a gig because making a living on it isn't guaranteed so you need a survival job. Actors, authors, artists, singers, figure skaters, professional sport players, all have other jobs.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 3:05 pm

It's probably better to go to a sex worker, over all, in a place where it's legal and regulated. Where the workers are getting health checks. Where they are getting examined for venereal disease, and getting treated for it. Where there is legal oversight.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Dec 2019, 6:32 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Tequila wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
At this point in time, it’s probably better to consider places like Germany and Switzerland as places where sex workers could be more feasibly employed in the sexual satisfaction of disabled folks—as the sex industry there is legal and more thoroughly and thoughtfully regulated than in places like the United States.

Are you taking the piss?

What does that mean?

To take the piss - to make fun of someone. To joke around.

Usually used with an extra layer of idiom as a rhetorical question like “you can’t be serious?” - you know full well that someone is serious/isn’t taking the piss, but you want to accuse them to highlight how ridiculous their claim, demand, or suggestion is.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 6:44 pm

It's the same as "taking the mick/mickey".

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Dec 2019, 6:46 pm

smudge wrote:
It's the same as "taking the mick/mickey".

Wasn’t sure if Americans would be familiar with that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 8:36 pm

I Googled it LOL

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 10:50 pm

Off topic, but funny along the lines of idiom.

Recently I got out of a bad situation. I was in Nashville with some creative-type people turned out to be a bunch of pretentious hipsters who started playing "patronize the autistic guy." Their favorite N.T. recreation.
They put me in a room with an OCD/Depressive midget who made my life hell--he was too small to deck him with the desk chair but too much of a pest to be ignored. I proceeded to get in touch with a similarly disgruntled Poet, and we proceeded one night to get very subversive about the whole thing. We argued about stuff out in my car for a while as we were driving, then we snagged a bottle of cheap wine from the kitchen as we came into the house and went up to my room and finished it off, still arguing and planning and now very much agreeing with each other even more than we were before.

Then I tried to stand up and realized that I had had too much to drink.

Then we argued some more, finished off the wine, and then it was bathroom break time! In the celebration of the moment I decided to commemorate what I thought of the people I lived with.

So--

We were both pissed (angry),
I was pissed (tipsy)
While he was pissing
I had to piss
So, in taking the piss, I leaned out the window and took a piss,
as a way of telling those piss-heads
to Piss Off!