I voted for Trump but I am glad he was impeached

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 9:04 pm

No I don't mean I changed my feelings. Not at all. I am glad Trump won an election. And I am also glad he was impeached. Why? Because I love when unusual things happen. A president such as Trump is unusual. Impeachment is unusual too. Entertainment all around. Trump is the most entertaining president ever.

I hope he will be the first impeached president to win re-election. That would be even more fun.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 9:09 pm

This is the first I've heard he was actually impeached. Interesting!

Earlier today I was talking politics with my father who thinks the impeachment wasn't going to go anywhere. Guess he was wrong.

Do you think he will win the '20 elections, QFT?

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 9:15 pm

Borromeo wrote:
Earlier today I was talking politics with my father who thinks the impeachment wasn't going to go anywhere. Guess he was wrong.

I think your father was probably referring to the senate hearing this January about removal of Trump from office.

The thing is that impeachment and removal from office are two separate things. For example, Bill Clinton was impeached, but he wasn't removed from office.

First, the house decides whether to impeach or not (which is what happened today) and then the Senate will decide whether to remove him from office (which will happen early January). Since the house is Democrat majority and Senate is Republican majority, one could have predicted that Trump would be impeached today but he won't be removed from office early January.

Borromeo wrote:
Do you think he will win the '20 elections, QFT?

I have no idea, we will have to wait and see.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 9:26 pm

I think he might get some "sympathy" votes, which could carry him "over the top."

Personally, I wish Trump would just jump in the lake. He's a damned idiot.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 9:45 pm

Thanks, QFT. I knew that impeachment wasn't the same as removal but I thought that was what they were going for.

Actually, I voted for him too, but that was 2016. I might vote for him again because I don't see any solid alternatives on some issues I support, but it will be a reluctant vote. I'd like to see him ousted and replaced by VP Pence.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 10:18 pm

Trump IMO should just take a note from Nixon and resign.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 10:53 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Trump IMO should just take a note from Nixon and resign.

Not really. I mean, neither of the two presidents that were impeached (Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton) were removed from office. That, plus also the current senate has Republican majority so Trump is unlikely to be removed from office. So why injure himself by resigning if he won't lose his presidency if he stays?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 11:00 pm

pencemeat would be WORSE than trumpy.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 11:40 pm

I didn't know he was impeached till I saw this thread, but sure enought it is so.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 11:43 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I didn't know he was impeached till I saw this thread, but sure enought it is so.

unfortunately the senate will have a showtrial, turning what should be a removal from trumpy from office instead into putting the democratic party itself on trial.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 11:52 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

unfortunately the senate will have a showtrial, turning what should be a removal from trumpy from office instead into putting the democratic party itself on trial.

Oh yeah I know, its still going to likely be an ongoing s**tshow...but just was not aware the impeachment had gone through till I saw this...but I realize it doesn't mean he actually gets removed from office.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 11:56 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Oh yeah I know, its still going to likely be an ongoing s**tshow...but just was not aware the impeachment had gone through till I saw this...but I realize it doesn't mean he actually gets removed from office.

and in the remote event that the senate GOP grows some common decency, and votes to remove, we'll be stuck with arguably a worse person- Pence, who is a dominionist, think "Handmaid's Tale."

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 1:20 am

auntblabby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

How is it possible to put democratic party on trial?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 1:39 am

QFT wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

the GOP has been making threatening noises about "abuse of process" in a legally actionable sense.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 8:12 pm

auntblabby wrote:
QFT wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

the GOP has been making threatening noises about "abuse of process" in a legally actionable sense.

So, if they succeed, what would happen? I mean, you can remove the president from the office, but you can't remove the whole party from existence. So what would be the exact actions that would be taken?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 8:18 pm

QFT wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
QFT wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

So, if they succeed, what would happen? I mean, you can remove the president from the office, but you can't remove the whole party from existence. So what would be the exact actions that would be taken?

basically SLAPP suits against individuals and the corporate entity of the party, they would try for libel and slander as well with the hopes of tying their money up and bankrupting them. IOW they would abuse the legal process in the name of fighting what they falsely declare to be abuse of legal process.