Mississippi election commissioner complains “blacks,” are

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 10:41 pm

registering to vote. 8O and wants “people,” to register to vote to counter the black vote. Yep, this woman is in charge of fair elections in Mississippi and doesn’t believe that black people are people.

Just double checked, we are in fact in the year 2020 and not 1820 like this crap might have you believe.

https://www.theroot.com/mississippi-ele ... 1844271802

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 11:13 pm

Sounds like Mississippi. Someone needs to tell them that they should at least be communicating these sentiments with dog whistles.

Quote:
Just double checked, we are in fact in the year 2020 and not 1820 like this crap might have you believe.

As my boy Phil Ochs said of the state: "The calendar is lying when it reads the present time".

Maybe they'll go back to just having the police kill ppl for trying to register black voters.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jul 2020, 11:39 pm

The way she wrote that sounds completely wrong. No way it can be described as a mistake or typo - "people in Mississippi have to get involved too"? - sounds as if the "people" she's referring to are not the same as the "blacks" who are registering. In other words blacks and people seem to be different categories in her mind?

Personally I think she needs get another job that doesn't involve elections.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 1:04 am

Yep. She should be fired. I can’t fathom a situation where she wouldn’t be fired here where I live.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 1:11 am

One of the very first acts the newly formed Klu klux Klan did in the south following the end of the American civil war was to intimidate black voters to not vote. The famous "knight" riders in their white robes terrorised blacks from polling or registering themselves to vote.

Seems this lady is carrying on a proud Mississippi tradition 150 years later :roll:

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 5:28 am

The group “Black Voices for Trump” aims to recruit and engage African-American voters.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... can-voters

Be the hero of your life.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 8:37 am

:? 8O :lol: Well, that’s insulting.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 10:08 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
Sounds like Mississippi. Someone needs to tell them that they should at least be communicating these sentiments with dog whistles.

Quote:

As my boy Phil Ochs said of the state: "The calendar is lying when it reads the present time".

Maybe they'll go back to just having the police kill ppl for trying to register black voters.

Amazing song!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 10:18 pm

roronoa79 wrote:

Quote:

[youtube]Ihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7fgB0m_y2[/youtube]

OMG that song was released in 1965....what make it frightening is its still relevant in 2020 8O

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 10:58 pm

cyberdad wrote:
roronoa79 wrote:

Quote:

[youtube]Ihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7fgB0m_y2[/youtube]

OMG that song was released in 1965....what make it frightening is its still relevant in 2020 8O

No kidding! I’ve never heard it before but after just listening to it now I had to share it to Facebook and comment on it.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 1:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
roronoa79 wrote:

Quote:

[youtube]vid[/youtube]

Amazing song!

:mrgreen: He does not mince words. And how little has changed?
I would highly recommend Phil Ochs. He did some of the best protest songs of the 60's

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides